Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default What are you THANKFUL for today?

Just thought I'd start a little thread to get us to inspire one another to share what we're thankful for today... My day started on the down side, but I began to think of all the things that I should be thankful for and I felt that burden lift knowing my life could be a lot worse than I could imagine..

Today, I'm thankful that I'm a mom to 2 precious boys and a wife to my wonderful DH, for COFFEE, for being able to meet all you wonderful women who share the same passion with me, and to be given the means to CREATE and INSPIRE others...

What are you thankful for today?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mandy

That I have money. I mean I really have a lot of bills, but I am thankful that I am able to give my kids food, a roof, clothing and plumbing.
A lot of people don't have any of those 4 things, so even though I am always stressing about paying off debt or whatever, that's nothing really because I know that I can always afford to take care of my kids, even if it means ever having to pay bills later or not at all.

Also, that my DH has a job he can't get laid off from.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that I got to see my unborn child today and that it appears to be healthy and growing right.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i'm thankful that my EHD isn't really dead. at least for now.

and that ANTM is on tonight.

gosh, feeling kind of shallow now
Old 10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for my husband, who is really the best husband anyone could ask for. I'm thankful for my children. I'm thankful that my son is doing so well in Kindergarten and that my daughter will be turning 3 on Friday. They are growing up fast, but they are strong, healthy, and smart. I'm thankful for my family, my home, and that we have the ability to provide all the necessities for ourselves and our kids.

There's so much to be thankful for. We are really blessed.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

First I am thankful for Dahlia doing this...because I've been a bit in the dumps lately. I am thankful for my healthy, amazing, smart and loving boys. I am thankful to have such a wonderful and supportive mother. I am thankful to be surrounded by all these creative and inspiring scrap-artists. I am thankful that I am going to take a nap right now.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mama-to-Elle

I am really thankful to be a mother, to a loving, sweet little girl. I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and plenty to eat, we have clothes that fit and that we like, We are able to take parts in the joyous things in life, and I am thankful that i do not take these for granted, as i know there are many people in this world, that do not even have one of the things we are so lucky to have.
The ever FABULOUS Lauren Grier
Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I am thankful that I was able to walk this weekend, to give women an even better chance at fighting Breast Cancer, and that I do not have to suffer from it (knock on wood).
Old 10-08-2008, 07:27 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful that I have a car now and could take ce to the drs to get antibiotics
Old 10-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that I have a church leader that will take the time to let me cry on his shoulders regarding a gossip mongering, judgmental woman who is causing a lot of problems for a lot of people.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that DH and I have good, mostly recession-proof jobs that keep us from having to deal with a lot of the fear and stress going on right now.

I'm thankful for my sweet kids who kept themselves busy most of this week while they've been off for Fall Break. They even made themselves lunch today -- peanut butter and salami sandwiches anyone??
Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
-- peanut butter and salami sandwiches anyone??
did they really eat them?
Old 10-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for a loving Savior who gets me through every minute of the day..who blessed me with a wonderful husband, a beautiful home and 2 babies of our very own when we thought for a time we'd never have any.

And right this minute I'm also thankful for Smores pop tarts

Old 10-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I'm thankful for my family and my friends.

Right this very second I'm thankful for a husband who cooks.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

so much to be thankful for!

i have an AMAZING hubby who saw the look of stress in my eyes when i got home and immediately asked what he could help me with.

my sweet little girl who has all these weird things going on seems to be doing soooo much better. i mean gosh her eyes could still be swollen, ya know.

like mandy, that we have money. i remember the days when there was none and it was ramen noodles everynight. very thankful that when bills roll in, they can be paid- no problem.

as crappy as this election has been, i am grateful for this country. we have so much freedom and i refuse to take it for granted.

lastly, my relationship with Jesus. He put sweet Dahlia at SSD so she could post this thread and help me remember why i am so very lucky!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I am thankful because my in-house ebay consignment mess is starting to sell off.

I'm thankful because my DH took a zillion pics of baby clothes for me today, cropped them, and noise-filtered them for me. He also stripped 4 beds, and remade them, took the kids to the grocery store (see next) and went and got me pizza.

I'm thankful because I always have enough food for my kids, and am fortunate enough to send my kids to school tomorrow with a grocery bag each to help with the school's breakfast program

I am thankful because after months of indecision, depression and anxiety, I took back my old job as a skating coach today. I am thankful that they followed the terms laid out for them by me, and agreed to them all, including a raise.

I am thankful that I went to the doctor today, and got some heavy meds for my tailbone.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful that Max went down for his nap with only one big cry this morning.

I am thankful that Jack stopped crying before they got to the elevator this morning on his way to school. {He fell on his way out the door and ran back inside, hid under his covers sobbing, "I want to stay with YOOOOUUUU!"}

I am thankful that my inbox only has 80 unanswered emails in it, as opposed to the 124 it had this time yesterday.

I am thankful that I don't have to pay for Lauren's products because I could never afford to have to pay for everything she puts out. I {heart} her.

I am thankful that my helper comes in twice a week and so at least for like ten hours a week, my house is clean.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Nikki reminded me.

I'm thankful for the Strawberry pop tarts that my local grocery store carries. In fact, I believe i"ll go eat one now...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke W

I'm thankful that my dh's job is recession proof too. That we can take care of our critters; that I have you all online here because frankly, there's noone around most the day and I'd go stark raving mad without you,lol.

Last edited by Brooke W; 10-08-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today I am thankful that I got to take a NAP! LOL! And of course, I'm thankful for my three amazing little boys, they just completely fill my life with joy!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I'm thankful that I got to come home from work and have a margarita...

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful for my kids and my wonderful hubby, for the caring relatives I have and also for all my dear online friends!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
-- peanut butter and salami sandwiches anyone??
did they really eat them?
LOL. They did eat them -- but only after they took them apart!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness, I'm tearing right now!

I posted this earlier today and just now getting back to reading everyone's wonderful messages about being thankful and you know... whether or not they were big things like Col's Breast Cancer walk or having good jobs, wonderful husbands, and well fed children... to the smaller things like pop tarts and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or having emails in our inbox... I feel extremely blessed to be surrounded by people who appreciate the things that matter in life regardless of these hard times we're facing today. I just want to say, I'm so THANKFUL for all of you and it was great getting know you all better, not just as scrap artists, but as a FAMILY...teehee! I know I'm corny, but hey, I just love y'all! ((HUGS))!

So, what's for dinner??
Old 10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

So many things. My Jesus, my child, my hubby, my family, my modest little inexpensive house that I don't have to worry about losing, my crappy old cars with no payments, my life long friends, my days that are not painful and the ones where I hurt are good for something too, my country that currently is still free as free can be and the men and women who fight for it to be this way, my kitty cats, my computer, you know I can't forget my Nikon.....the fact that even the poor in this country have so much more than other places in this crazy world..... Oh gosh I could list so much.
We can't take anything or any moment or person for granted. None of us are promised tomorrow you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarink View Post
I feel extremely blessed to be surrounded by people who appreciate the things that matter in life regardless of these hard times we're facing today. I just want to say, I'm so THANKFUL for all of you and it was great getting know you all better, not just as scrap artists, but as a FAMILY...teehee! I know I'm corny, but hey, I just love y'all! ((HUGS))!
Amen to that!

facebook
Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
I am thankful that I have a church leader that will take the time to let me cry on his shoulders regarding a gossip mongering, judgmental woman who is causing a lot of problems for a lot of people.
Paula I am thankful for you too. As long as I can remember being part of this scrapping community I remember you being around smiling at everybody and always saying sweet things and commending us on our pages- even my earlier pages that truly did suck, you always found something genuine and nice to say. You've made the day a bit brighter for lots of people in digi-land, that's for sure.
Tell us where she lives. We'll gather an SSD mob and go whip her butt for you.

facebook
Old 10-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyM View Post
Paula I am thankful for you too. As long as I can remember being part of this scrapping community I remember you being around smiling at everybody and always saying sweet things and commending us on our pages- even my earlier pages that truly did suck, you always found something genuine and nice to say. You've made the day a bit brighter for lots of people in digi-land, that's for sure.
Tell us where she lives. We'll gather an SSD mob and go whip her butt for you.

I second that Paula!! Even when I was first starting, thinking my pages were so great, then seeing the gallery-how awesome everyone's los were and realizing I still had a LOT to learn, you still had something nice to say about my los!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful that no matter how crappy my day can be, I'll find something to smile about here in SSD

A husband who loves me, a soft bed to snooze in, and delicious chocolate chip cookies to munch on while I scrap! Oh, and having my mojo kick in after a week of not scrapping (I was worried!)
Old 10-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WOW what a great thread Dahlia! I think we all probably needed this reminder right now.

I am thankful for so many blessings in my life. A wonderful husband who loves and adores me to the bone and supports my crazy addictive scrapping hobby and who is such a wonderful father to our kids. I am thankful for my 3 beautiful children and that I am able to be at home with them. Thankful that we have a roof over our head and food on our table and that I serve a God who is still in control even in the chaos of my life and our world.

Thanks Dahlia for helping me get my focus off me and my problems for a moment and see that I am so blessed through it all!
Old 10-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful that I can be a cranky crabbasauraus all day and know that I am loved. REALLY thankful.

With Amy on thankful for Paula, our praise gallery queen who IS appreciated very much!

With Amy, Lizzy, Amanda, & Co, on thankful for Dahlia - sister, you rock - this was sooo needed today

And extra thanks to the good Lord for DHs, the blessings of children, and the treasure of family.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awesome thread Dahlia! Thank you for starting it! Sometimes I need a little reminder to stop and think about how good things are and not dwell on the negative ya know?

I'm thankful for my two fantastic boys, my sometimes grouchy but mostly sweet DH, a fantastic mom who is always there for me, a small but comfy house, food on the table and in the fridge and extra freezer (it wasn't always like that), and that I have a job. I'm also thankful for all the amazing people I have met through this fabulous hobby. I have made some life long friends!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My supportivve husband and wonderful friends cheering me on while I am engaging in a new workout regimen!!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Awesome thread, dahlia! I've been in a funk for quite a while and I often struggle with being thankful for all that i do have because i am too busy being negitive nancy all the time.

I am thankful, first and foremost, for my wonderful, energetic, smart, and healthy 2 (and a half) year old prince. He was an unplanned blessing in my life and one that i thank God for everyday! I am thankful for the support of my parents and family, my mom inparticular. We don't always see eye to eye, and she has her flaws, but she has always stood by me 100% and I am confident that she always will. I am thankful to be able to continue my education despite my current situation, and again, without the love and support of my friends and family this wouldn;t be possible. I am thankful to have a job that is flexible and pays decently and that I don't have to worry about losing during this recession. I hate my job, and it isn't what i plan to do with the rest of my life, but it is a blessing to have at this point in my life. I am thankful to be passionate about my future career as a special educator and thankful for the fact that I will get to live out my dream. I am incredibly thankful that I am finally getting help for my anxiety and depression and I seem to be turning a corner. I am not 100% by any means but I am starting to feel optimistic and I don't ever remember feeling like this before so I think this is a step in the right direction.

When I really sit and think about it I am thankful for so many things in my life. I am truly blessed and God has really taken care of me in my life! I may not always understand his plan but I know he has one for me and for that I am thankful!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I am also thankful for this thread becaue i think I just wrote the journaling for my next LO!! lol

Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletsierra

What a beautiful thread, Dahlia! I think it's so important sometimes to just pause and be grateful.

I'm so thankful for my DH and daughter and that together, centered on God, we have a life of stability and strength and love right now when everything else seems to be swirling around. I'm so thankful for all the things money can't buy...the beauty of nature, eskimo kisses from bugga. And I'm thankful for the good laugh DH gave me yesterday.

p.s. I really love this community!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielou View Post
Thanks Dahlia for helping me get my focus off me and my problems for a moment and see that I am so blessed through it all!
No, I'm really blessed just having ALL of you share your stories because it is giving me hope to make it through another day...
Old 10-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise2987 View Post
When I really sit and think about it I am thankful for so many things in my life. I am truly blessed and God has really taken care of me in my life! I may not always understand his plan but I know he has one for me and for that I am thankful!
Amen to that!!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsierra View Post

p.s. I really love this community!
TOTALLY agree!!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow! I'm in tears here! Y'all are such a blessing to me! When you really stop and think about what you have to be thankful for, you realize how many of the small things you take for granted!
I'm thankful for so many things! My salvation & Jesus Christ who doesn't give up on me no matter how far I stray! My Bible! My husband who loves me unconditionally! I'm thankful that he loves the Lord & wants to our family to keep growing in Christ! Waking up this morning. My puppy, b/c even though he can be bad, he keeps me company during the day. I'm thankful that I was raised in a strong Christian home! I'm thankful that my Dad & I are close enough for us to spend the entire day together (Tuesday) at a preacher's meeting. I'm thankful that my mom is cancer free & the Godliest woman I know! I'm thankful that my little brother got saved last week! WOW! Praise God! I'm thankful that he's marrying an amazing girl in June! I'm thankful for Skype so I can keep in touch with my brother, SIL & nephew who are missionaries in Mexico! I am thankful for my husband's family...I truly have amazing in-laws! I am thankful for my friends...IRL & online! I'm thankful for my church family! I'm thankful for my house, food, car, clothes, all the necessities! I'm thankful for music & ability to play the piano and sing for the Lord! I could go on and on!
Thanks Dahlia for starting this thread! This has really helped me today! I think I have an idea for a LO.
I LOVE Y'ALL!!!! (((((HUGS)))))

ETA: I'm so thankful for the friendships I've formed here at SSD & other digiscrapping communities. But, I am especially thankful for Sarah (sarah8914). She has been such a big blessing to me! She has been such an encouragement to me through some hard times I've gone through lately. Just knowing that if I need someone to talk to or share a prayer request with, she's there! Sarah, I just wanted to say Thanks & I love you girl!

Last edited by digideb; 10-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks again, Dahlia! I just finished my LO using my "journaling" that I did here! It's not using SSD goodies, so I can't post it in the gallery, but here's the image file.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I'm thankful for three healthy children. Though they drive me crazy at times, I still love them.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by digideb View Post
Thanks again, Dahlia! I just finished my LO using my "journaling" that I did here! It's not using SSD goodies, so I can't post it in the gallery, but here's the image file.
WOW! I'm moved! It such an amazing LO and I just love how you really shared your heart with us about your love for the LORD and your family! It is so wonderful to know that we have each other who to lean on for prayer and encouragement especially in today's times... Thank you Deb for your inspiration... I need to get a LO done, too, expressing my thankfulness...