Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2010, 11:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you guys have for Christmas/Christmas Eve Dinner?

Growing up we always had basically the same thing we had for Thanksgiving, only we had Ham instead of Turkey. I use to do that, but it was just too much food.

A couple years ago I started doing like steak and fried shrimp. I'm thinking about doing that this year with twice baked potatoes and I always make our dinner on Christmas eve.

So what do you do?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Christmas Eve, on my mom's side of the family, has traditionally been Tex-Mex..focusing on tamales It's one I continue with my family, and we'll be finally having it this year after a few years away at Russ' family gatherings (where it's not generally available to do). I'm so excited and inviting all of my family over to celebrate as we'll be doing an 'us' only day for Christmas.

We also had all the same fixings for Christmas Day as we did T'day..including Turkey because my Grandfather always smoked 'em. Once he passed, and we began celebrating some here, ham was added to the roster.

This year, we're doing a day of finger-foods, treats and such. Lots of grazing the whole day as we watch movies in our jammies, play games, and have a Jesus birthday party for just us, so no big meal.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't really have a tradition for dinner on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. We just usually fix a nice meal.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

With my parents we did tamales on Christmas Eve after church, with queso and chili. Then Christmas was light snacky things that didn't require a lot of prep or clean up.

Now my husband likes doing fondue on Christmas Eve and we do a sit down Christmas lunch much like Thanksgiving.

I need to find a way to get tamales back in the picture!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Christmas Eve on my family's side is a big deal. We get together at a family friends house and do a huge italian 7 fish dinner. There are usually close to 30 people there, and we sing Christmas songs, eat delicious food, and enjoy each other's company long into the night. We've been doing it since I was in High School, and it's probably the thing I miss the most when we spend Christmas with my husband's side of the family.

Christmas day for my family is pretty much thanksgiving all over again, with the addition of a ham if my brother requests it.

Jordan's family doesn't do anything special for Christmas eve, and Christmas depends. We usually go to Pittsburgh where the meal is similar to Thanksgiving. I think this year they are going to the other side of the family, but Granny doesn't cook. So they might end up eating pizza and fried shrimp, lol.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Christmas Eve we go to my grandmas house to open gifts and just do finger foods.
Christmas Day we go back to her house for a big family dinner that's similar to Thanksgiving but with ham instead.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember what we usually do for food! lol I do remember that our big meal is on Christmas Eve and that on Christmas Day we normally have a really yummy breakfast. I don't think we do a big Christmas Day meal. But I could be wrong! lol

Old 12-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

our big dinner is usually christmas eve - we change the menu up some - for a while it was always mexican in a restaurant, then we switched to tenderloin, potatoes, etc, then we switched to a fancy pasta dinner my dad made .. not sure about this year

then, we have a big brunch on christmas morning - egg casserole, biscuits, fruit salad, mimosas, etc ...

then, we'll have tamales and other mexican goodies during the day

we eat way too much ! LOL!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 12-02-2010, 11:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We did finger foods last year on Christmas day. I'm think I'll do that again. We had dinner at my inlaws last year on Christmas day, at like 5pm. I made white chili and that was nice, because I just threw it all in the crockpot.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana View Post
our big dinner is usually christmas eve - we change the menu up some - for a while it was always mexican in a restaurant, then we switched to tenderloin, potatoes, etc, then we switched to a fancy pasta dinner my dad made .. not sure about this year

then, we have a big brunch on christmas morning - egg casserole, biscuits, fruit salad, mimosas, etc ...

then, we'll have tamales and other mexican goodies during the day

we eat way too much ! LOL!
LOL!.

We have Gingerbread Waffles and Sausage usually for Breakfast on Christmas day. While Sean gets the kids toys out of their packages, I cook.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

christmas eve we go to Darik's parents house and open gifts with them. we usually have pasta and turkey along with corn, mashed potatoes, broccoli/cheese casserole, my famous cheesy veggies and his grandma makes some sort of delicious pie (and cookies for the kids)

christmas day is spent at my parents house and that's the day we eat like pigs. LOL
we usually have turkey and ham...but this year we're having prime rib. We're also having ranch mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, cranberry sauce, greenbean casserole, more cheesy veggies, italian lemondrop cookies, oreo mint cheesecake, pumpkin pecan cheesecake, coconut cream pie, ooey gooey chocolate cake and the sugar cookies that the kids decorate. (can you tell we like sweets there?)

Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Growing up... Christmas Eve was at my grandparents on my dad's side and they always had goulash... then Christmas Day was at my great aunt's on my mom's side and it was a huge dinner with either ham or goose.

Now... Christmas Eve is spent with my folks... and in the past it was we all chose our favorite salad/dish... and Mom made scalloped potatoes and ham to go with it. Then Christmas Day is usually spent with my hubby's side of the family (hosted by us) and I do finger foods... shredded beef sandwiches and appetizers.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

This year we're doing a seafood Christmas.

Appetizers will be shrimp skewers and proscuitto wrapped Scallops. Dinner is Lobster tail with angel hair pasta/some kind of sauce and asparagus.

Not sure about dessert yet.

Do you all make your tamales? I'd love to do them for Christmas Eve but I don't think I could take all that work?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryredhead View Post
Do you all make your tamales? I'd love to do them for Christmas Eve but I don't think I could take all that work?
Did it one year, will probably never do it again We have a lot of places here where we can order some good authentic ones, so that's the route we go
Old 12-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

When we go to mom's family dinner, it's usually Tex-Mex. This year we're doing seafood...salmon and shrimp. Not sure what side dishes yet.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

On Christmas Eve we do Christmas w/ my MIL.. so ham, mac & cheese, corn, potatoes, etc. She SOMETIMES makes a small turkey breast for me.. as I hate ham.. but if not, I just eat sides
Old 12-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I make homemade beef tamales, mexican rice, beans, and enchiladas. Yum!!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryredhead View Post
I make my own. It's a tradition in our family. My recipe, which was handed down to me by my mexican grandpa, makes 10 dozen.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Did it one year, will probably never do it again We have a lot of places here where we can order some good authentic ones, so that's the route we go
Gotta find me a place like that...
Old 12-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Christmas Day is always traditional sit-down turkey dinner {with either my parents or DH's}

Christmas Eve we do Chinese take-out and watch The Grinch
Old 12-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
LOL!.

We have Gingerbread Waffles and Sausage usually for Breakfast on Christmas day. While Sean gets the kids toys out of their packages, I cook.
oh YUM - gingerbread waffles and sausage sounds yummy! is there a recipe for the waffles that you use? i should add it to our menu i'm already going to add the pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls i think

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 12-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We usually go to several big traditional dinners on Thanksgiving and Christmas (my step-grandparents, my Dad & Stepmom's and then to the in-laws) but after 10+ years of doing this and most of those holidays with 3 kids in tow we stayed home on Thanksgiving and did our own dinner and we all loved it! It was so nice not having to rush around and try not to eat too much at one place since we'd be eating again at the next place and then at the last place lol. Rob got to watch football all day long, the kids played and watched the parade and I got to relax and read a book after we ate and cleaned up.

So we haven't 100% decided yet but we are leaning towards staying home for Christmas too and doing our own meal again. I think Rob is expecting another big meal - turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, potato casserole and all the other goodies but I told him if we stay home for Christmas I will likely cut back on the extra sides because all that cooking is a lot of work! I tried to talk him into something simpler that I could make ahead of time and just put in the oven (like a lasagna or a casserole) but he wasn't too thrilled with that idea though he did mention just going out for Chinese food like in A Christmas Story lol!! I told him I wasn't sure if our favorite Chinese restaurant would be open but I would check
Old 12-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Growing up was different from what we do now. We used to have the traditional ham and turkey on Christmas day and appetizers the night before.

But having my own family now, we do a variety of things on Christmas Eve, sometimes Italian, sometimes we go out. We always watch "It's a Wonderful Life." Last year on Christmas day we grilled steaks and had shrimp, crab, and a few other things. We do whatever the boys like, which is usually not very traditional, but makes for a happy day!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are going to attend a childrens Christmas service with my sister and her husband. Since my sister's DH is Chinese...their tradition is to eat tons of Chinese food after the kids service! They have a special restaurant they always get things from. Easy peasy!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Since we don't do Thanksgiving (UK) Christmas Day is our equivalent of that in terms of food!

We have a turkey (crown) and joint of pork
Mashed potatoes
Roast potatoes
Mixed roast vegetables (usually squash, red onions and parsnips)
Carrots
Peas
Broccolli
Brussel Sprouts
Bread Sauce
Cranberry Sauce
Apple Sauce
Stuffing
Yorkshire puddings
Gravy

Followed by traditional Christmas pudding with either rum sauce or custard or cream,
OR chocolate pud (for the kids)
OR trifle (for me)

That's usually around 1.30-2.00 pm then for supper, say 7.00pm we will have simple buffet style food with savoury snacks, cold meats (from dinner plus roast ham), chutneys etc, with Christmas cakes, trifle and mince pies to follow.

I cater on Christmas Day and my parents come over (bringing the meats already cooked) and the inlaws come over (with vegetables prepped ready for cooking).

On Christmas Eve we have friends over (we used to take it in turns but seeing as they are both usually working this day and I'm a SAHM it made more sense for me to cater this day and they reciprocate another day over the holiday). It's generally something filling and simple, such as curry or chilli, with a starter and desert.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 12-02-2010, 03:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana View Post
oh YUM - gingerbread waffles and sausage sounds yummy! is there a recipe for the waffles that you use? i should add it to our menu i'm already going to add the pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls i think
Yep, it's a Rachel Ray recipe, I've been making them for 5 years now I guess.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html
Old 12-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas eve we have homemade pizza! It's a big tradition for us!

Christmas morning we have cinnamon rolls! Yum

And Christmas day dinner we have ham and all that good stuff!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We celebrate with the in-laws on the 23rd and we have a fondue.

On the 24th, we don't have dinner, we have finger food all night long and a cold buffet at midnight. I host this each year. In French, it's called a réveillon (waiting for Christmas).

On the 25th, on DH's side, we have the traditional Christmas meal (turkey, meat pie, meat ball stew (ragoût), mashed potatoes) with a ton of handmade deserts - they love their sweets.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

DH's family usually does a big pot of Chili or a Ham with german potato salad, three bean salad, and a jello mold on Christmas Eve. If we are with my family, my mom will do Chicken Tortilla Soup or something similar.

Christmas morning I always make a breakfast casserole of some type that cooks while we are opening gifts.

We will be at DH's Aunt's house this year Christmas Eve and I have checked to see what the plans are yet.

Christmas Day is usually at our house or my parents and we usually have Prime Rib, Ham and all of the turkey day fixins to go along with it. We'll be having this at my mom's this year because we don't want to deal with the mess. LOL

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 12-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have Chinese food on Christmas Eve (egg fried rice, sweet and sour chicken balls, stir-fried veggies, egg rolls,...) and on Christmas Day we have Christmas Pasta ala Rachael Ray.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:34 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Christmas Eve, it's just a typical dinner. Nothing fancy. I usually work during the day (working retail) so I'm not up for much more than that.

For Christmas breakfast, I usually have banana bread and pumpkin bread and a small breakfast casserole. But I haven't found a breakfast casserole that it worth making again. Anyone have a good one? I need something with eggs and sausage in it.

On Christmas night, we pretty much have what we have on Thanksgiving- turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, pies, fruit salads, etc.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Christmas Eve is always just our own family. We usually have Ham, Turkey Breast, Scalloped potatoes, Broccoli with Garlic Butter and Cashews, Baked Corn Pudding, Pumpkin Pie and Dutch Apple Pie.

Then Christmas Morning I usually make some type of Egg casserole and Paula Deen's Monkey (some times it's called Gorilla) Bread. This year though I might make this recipe I found for Cinnamon Rolls (the best thing i've ever baked).

Christmas Day is whatever our parents make....usually Turkey/Ham and thanksgiving type food But this year we are staying home for Christmas so I think we will do finger type food or maybe I can talk DH into doing Lasagna Roll Ups!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Great thread. I have been wondering what to do this year. Last year I cooked a huge meal for my family (and some extended family) on Christmas Day and I was exhausted. I felt that I spent the entire day in the kitchen either cooking or cleaning and I didn't actually get to enjoy the day playing with my kids or watching them enjoy their new toys. I'm torn on what to do this year. A part of me just wants to go a completly different route than I did last year but I just can't decide. Sort of not in the mood for Ham and all the fixings again. I'm leaning towards Mexican or Italian foods though its untraditional for my family. I wish someone would just choose for me! Haha

Theresa's Addiction

Siggy created with Girl Crazy by Melissa Bennett.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
Christmas Eve, it's just a typical dinner. Nothing fancy. I usually work during the day (working retail) so I'm not up for much more than that.

For Christmas breakfast, I usually have banana bread and pumpkin bread and a small breakfast casserole. But I haven't found a breakfast casserole that it worth making again. Anyone have a good one? I need something with eggs and sausage in it.

On Christmas night, we pretty much have what we have on Thanksgiving- turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies, pies, fruit salads, etc.
I've been wanting to try this breakfast casserole Julie
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html
Old 12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Christmas eve is the traditional holiday nachos.

Christmas day we have pancakes or egg casserole for breakfast & for dinner I make a rib roast & roasted veggies with salad & pumpkin pie. Sometimes I make stuffing if others are joining us. I'm the only stuffing eater in my immediate family
Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't answer what we eat on Christmas day. LOL We usually eat turkey with all the fixings. =)
Old 12-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My mom made this last year and it was DELICIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I've been wanting to try this breakfast casserole Julie
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html
Old 12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
My mom made this last year and it was DELICIOUS!
Thanks for the suggestion Vanessa!

Paula, is it bread-like? My husband hates bread (seriously WHO hates bread?!?) and that is why other breakfast casseroles haven't been hits.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas eve is generally Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas -

Breakfast - Biscuits and Gravy

Christmas, - When it is the whole family together - Ham and Prime Rib
We are not huge Turkey fans so we save it for Thanksgiving

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Last edited by nonnie; 12-02-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We usually have traditional meals with some of my family, but I have always loved with my mom, we do appetizers. When I do something at home, I usually make whatever the people who are over want or go out and I help my mom with the cooking.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have three holidays meals. First, for just our family of five. We have a tradition of doing enchiladas. Last year I ordered them from a fundraiser, and this year I'm having my husband's cousin make them. We have this meal on the evening of the 23rd after my dh gets off work. Then we open gifts.

Christmas Eve, we get up and go to my parent's house. We usually do a theme meal -- soups, or Italian, or even pizza. It's in the evening again and then we open gifts.

Christmas Day, we go to my in-laws. My MIL's cooking is not her strong point (although apparently my children and I are the only ones who think that). Not only that, but she doesn't make enough food to feed the entire family. She's been cooking for 2 for so long that she has no idea what two dozen people, including 6 teen/young adult boys, can eat. The last few times we've been up there for a meal, she's had barbecued beef for the meat and then makes cheesey potatoes, crock pot creamed corn and crescent rolls with it. The worst was when my SIL butchered her pet pig and brought ham for dinner. My children are still traumatized by that. So what does my family eat for Christmas dinner? A few bits and bites from whatever we can find at my in-laws, and then we stop at the convenience store and get microwave burritos and funyuns. Cracks me up.

Of course, this year is all messed up and none of this make work out. It's possible we may actually stay home for Christmas. What a concept!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
The worst was when my SIL butchered her pet pig and brought ham for dinner.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas Eve is just a normal dinnerfor us since we have two Christmas days here. Normally we go to DHs parents for 1st Christmas Day and the meal varies every year. We usually do stone grill here at home on 2nd Christmas Day wil fresh onions and bell peppers to gril and fries, sauces and some sort of dessert.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Christmas Eve if spent with my family is Cabbage Rolls and Perogies (we're not Ukranian, it's just what we've always done).

If we go to dh's Christmas Eve they usually do a Tortiere (meat pie), but this year apparently it's Surf & Turf.

Christmas Day is Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, buns (you'd call them rolls lol), pickles, cranberry sauce, turnip, carrots, the green masrshmallow salad (Ambrosia?), baked sweet potatos and pie.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas eve is usually a Chinese takeaway as I'm busy doing other stuff lol!

Christmas morning is usally poached or scrambled eggs on toast.

Christmas dinner is cooked by OH's mum and that is turkey, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, & vegetables! So yummy!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

christmas eve is always at my parents' house. we have grama's meatballs, potato salad, mac and cheese, and green beans with bacon. and something fun for dessert, it varies by year.

christmas day is a food festival. we start eating at 11, and don't stop until after dessert. we have swedish pancakes in the morning (i look forward to these from thanksgiving on). and then at like, 2, grama puts out picky foods like crackers and cheese, veggies and dip, salsa dip and chips, roll ups, and pepperoni bread. at 5 we have the full dinner: roast beef, yorkshire pudding, glazed carrots, strawberry-applesauce jello salad, rolls, and various other side dishes. and then dessert is always cookies and peppermint stick ice cream.

yeah. and after that, we all don't eat for two days. : ) kidding. but seriously, food alllllll day.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Let's talk about something exotic, hehe.

I can't speak for all Slovaks, the menu can change with region, and even the same menu differs when individual family recipes come into play.

As far as what I have known as a child:

Christmas Eve.

The big one. Gifts are unpacked on Christmas Eve, and the big dinner is on the same evening. You're supposed to fast during the day; and you're not supposed to have meat (fish doesn't count, hehe) as a part of the menu. THIS, however, is highly individual, as I know loads of Slovak people from the same city I come from who look at me like "what?" when I say this to them. My Grandma was from the north of Slovakia, so maybe that's where this comes from.

The menu would be:

1. Cabbage soup. I'm sure this came around because Slovaks were traditionally rural and poor people, so most of our traditional recipes feature cabbage and potatoes. But OMG the cabbage soup is divine, and it turns better with each day (good to make LOADS of it). Recipes vary, and what my Grandma did was to to a vegetarian one for Christmas Eve and the "real one" (with sausage and stuff) for New Year's Eve.

There are regions where lentil soup is eaten, and there are regions where who-knows-what is eaten. Still I still the cabbage soup the the most representative one.

2. Fried fish and potato salad with mayonnaise. Traditionally, the fish is carp, but we never had carp because of the bones (I was small and Grandpa was old, so we were spared). The potato salad, again, differs from family to family. Ours has potatoes, peas, carrot, apples, pickled gherkings, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice and some seasonings.

Christmas Day.

For lunch, we used to have chicken soup and chicken as the main dish, but that varied according to taste. Maybe some people eat something traditional (duck, maybe), but we weren't too traditional in this way.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

the last couple years my dad has ordered in a fresh salmon! My mom can't eat farm raised salmon because she has a reaction to the red dye added to make the salmon look pink.

On Christmas morning we have a big brunch at my parent's house and then just eat leftovers the rest of the day.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

We order out for pizza every year..a tradition.

SAHM to three girls (17,12,8) and two (very) spoiled mutts!

5 year breast cancer survivor

Words With Friends user ID: kpnv70

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/Scrapper007/
Old 12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas eve is usually different every year depending on what we're doing/where we're going. Sometimes I host it for DH's family & we do ham/turkey & the fixins. If we go to my dads, it could be anything from soup bar to traditional.

Christmas day if we're with my mom's side of the family, is traditionalish, Ham, potatos, rolls, pink jello/cottage cheese salad, green beans, sweet potatoes, an assortment of finger foods, a crab dip, crackers/cheese/salami, desserts. This is what we'll be doing this year.