Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default I'm supposed to report for Jury Duty tomorrow but dd is SICK!

Anyone know if it'll be an issue if I call in the morning and tell them I can't come? The problem is that I was called last month and couldn't go because I had to go out of town because my mother had brain surgery. I had to request a delay and this was the delay. She's been running a high fever today and I ended up having to take her to Urgent Care - I know she won't be better tomorrow (and even if she was feeling better, I'd still keep her home since she was so sick today).

Happy to create for:
Old 02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I was told the last time I got jury duty that they rarely ever do anything if you dont show up. I would just call first thing in the morning and let them know of your circumstances and tell them you can do it later in the week (or whenever you would be available). I had to call in because I sent in my excuse and didnt hear anything back so I assumed it was excuseed. Less then 2 months later I got another summons and I called in to talk to them and told them my excuse was that my son has to ride the handicapped bus and has to have someone to get him on and off the bus every single day and if someone is not there then the state notifies Department of Children and Families. The lady I talked to was really super nice and told me not to worry about it and explained that I would not have gotten the second summons but that they never received the first one. I explained I sent it back and she said well Ill excuse that one also and you will be removed for the time being from being selected. (Im not sure exactly how long they excuse you for but she said I wouldnt receive another one for awhile)

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You should be able to call in the AM. My DH had postponed and then, as luck would have it, got stuck in traffic trying to get to the courthouse. The was a county court thing, so not in the same city as us. He called the number and they gave him a different date. Good luck and I hope your little feels better soon.