Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Did your show make the list?

We always talk about new tv shows in the fall...well here's the list of cancelled shows that won't be back. (there are 4 pages total)

We'd watched Breaking In..with Christian Slater and it was kind of funny..I don't think they gave it much of a chance with only like 5 episodes and starting it at the tail end of the tv season.

I can now also delete Light's Out off our DVR since we never got around to watching it and it's also been axed.

It just seems like these days tv shows don't get a chance to find an audience before they're cancelled. I guess it's the way things are these days though.

So were you disappointed with any cancellations. We haven't watched Smallville in years but it's kind of sad that it's over after 10 years..we used to watch it every week as newlyweds lol.

And I'm so over Oprah..I wish she'd just hurry up and go away..she's been talking about it long enough.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/ca...10-2011-18992/

Last edited by nikkiARNGwife; 05-26-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
And I'm so over Oprah..I wish she'd just hurry up and go away..she's been talking about it long enough.
This.

My one show was Good Eats on Food Network. Alton Brown is retiring the show (different than being cancelled), and our family is bummed that it's over.

But I agree with you, Nikki - shows aren't given a chance anymore - moved constantly, coming in at odd times and then leaving at odd times and no one gets a chance to find them. Having big shows on cable networks doesn't help, either.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am so sick of Oprah....during the severe weather coverage yesterday, the NBC channel kept talking about how they weren't sure what they were going to do at 4 since Oprah's last episode was supposed to be on...there were potential tornadoes moving through so they couldn't show it....they actually said she gave them permission to run it today instead...gave them permission?! Ugh whatever Oprah. lol

Off of my little soapbox now...

The only show that I'm sad that is ending this year is Friday Night Lights...I don't really watch too many others....you're right though - shows aren't given much of a chance at all.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

ummm we don't really watch much TV and since we gave up our DVR we watch even less.....but I do miss watchign alot of shows I use to DVR...I only really watch: Boines/CSI LV/ The Metalist and Criminal Minds. I started watching the Chicago Code and then forget when it came on, so didn't keep up....
Old 05-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We were sad, sad, sad to see Friday Night Lights go this year, too. Oddly enough, it was my DH's little 'football' show at first, but I grew to love it... My dear Matt Saracen from FNL moved on to Off The Map (the reason why I started watching THAT show this season), but that too has been cancelled...

I am a little bummed about Lie To Me. We enjoyed that one too -- not as mindless as some of the programs out there.

Glad to see that The Good Wife and Parenthood are back though; love those shows! DH and I have noticed this year that several cast members from previous shows have been reunited (either permanently or as guests) as different (obviously) characters on other shows... Now THAT is weird -- so funny how we get attached to fictional characters!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

where is the list?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oprah's never heard of oversaturation, that's for sure I've watched Lisa Ling's show (love her) but I won't be tuning in to her network. And when has there ever been a problem filling a tv slot?

We were really sad about The Good Guys and Human Target and we were liking Breaking In too. I was bummed about Rubicon and In Treatment being cancelled.

Friday Night Lights is a great show. I'm watching the end of that one now. It's been struggling from the start so I'm thankful it made it as long as it did.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do you know what show I love? The Middle...it is soo funny and it's not full of "politically correct" blah blah blah..it's just a show about a family and all that goes along with it. DH and I crack up over the Mom and Dad and how we seem to be more like them every year lol

and we like Raising Hope..Martha Plimpton is hilarious...that's another one that gets us laughing out loud and that is hard to do these days.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
where is the list?
lol..I guess that would help huh? I edited my OP with the link

Old 05-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Keely have you been watching Game of Thrones? We are soo loving it and I'm so glad that they aren't changing much from the books at all. I don't like what they did with Renley's character b/c I didn't get that vibe from the books but otherwise it's great.

I hate knowing what's going to happen to one of the main characters...I really love watching him. DH hasn't read the books so he doesn't know and it's hard to keep my mouth shut lol

Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i watched america's next great restaurant - not surprised it's not renewed.
used to watch brothers & sisters but then it became too bleh
i watched off the map - i actually thought it was pretty good.
i really liked the show traffic light too - it was cute.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

One one I really watched was Criminal Minds-Suspect Behavior..I liked it kinda surprised it didn't so well..it aired after the regular Criminal Minds so it had a big lead in show.

DH will be sad about losing V..other than that there's nothing else there we really watched

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

nikki - i love the middle too and also raising hope!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm really sad about No Ordinary Family, we watched it every week We also watched V every week, but I can see why it was cancelled, the last season ended very weirdly..

We LOVE The Middle and Raising Hope, but they weren't on the list (I hope you were just mentioning you like them, and that they aren't being cancelled too!!)

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 05-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

shows that will be missed in this house (by one or more):

$#*! My Dad Says

Breaking In (Christian Slater has been my dream man pretty much since I discovered boys. lol)
Hellcats
Life Unexpected (although I knew it was over when it ended)
and hubby is upset over losing Stargate Universe and V
Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

profile gallery

We watch the Chase. I actually liked that show too!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No the Middle and Raising Hope weren't on the list..I think they're both doing fairly well in the ratings..I was just mentioning that we like them

Old 05-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

So Im pretty ticked about America's Most Wanted!! I watched that show every week. How many people were actually caught because someone saw them on there?

The only other two are Hellcats and Criminal Minds:Suspect Behavior

Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
No the Middle and Raising Hope weren't on the list..I think they're both doing fairly well in the ratings..I was just mentioning that we like them

Yay! Good, I love those shows

Old 05-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
So Im pretty ticked about America's Most Wanted!! I watched that show every week. How many people were actually caught because someone saw them on there?
I know, I'm so surprised they're cancelling it!!
There was actually someone found in our smallish town because of that show. Some idiot fugitive was spotted in our local Subway restaurant and captured because they saw him on AMW!

Old 05-26-2011, 11:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

ugh on Oprah, here too... I rarely ever watched Oprah, but I did watch probably 20 min or so after hubby came home a little after 4 asking if I watched it today... since it was on, turned to it... after 30 sec of listening my hubby said, "Oh brother... a little over the top?" But it didn't stop him from repeating... "Be responsible for the space you create..." blah..

I'm still very upset that Life Unexpected was canceled...

otherwise there were a few shows that I watched that are getting canceled like Mad Love and the one after The Middle... can't remember what the show's name is.. I'm not surprised they are gone...
Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really don't watch that much tv. I just don't have time, I DVR shows I'm interested in, and those are the only things I watch.

I never ever watch daytime television, so I've probably only seen Oprah 2 or 3 times in all the years she's been on. I honestly couldn't care less that she's leaving.

My fave show of the season (and I think this is season 2) is Modern Family. I would be shocked if it got cancelled, but I loved Arrested Development and it didn't make it years ago.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im sad about Chicage Code...i really liked that show.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a Disney Channel addict! LOL So, I'm sad about "The Suite Life On Deck" & "Jonas LA"! The others, I'll miss some, but not a big deal! lol
Old 05-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We're bummed about No Orindary Family - DD really liked that one.

I also liked Off the Map and Brothers and Sisters, although like someone else said, that one was losing my interest this year.

We also love The Middle - DD just cracks up and asks if her father and I were like that - LOL
Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

On The Middle last night..when she was ON her cell and was telling her DH that she couldn't FIND her cell while digging around in her bag...I swear I did that SAME thing not long ago!! DH was like "um..hello what are you talking to me on?" lol!! So that totally cracked us up. Total Mommy Brain there huh?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

We're sad about Lights Out
Old 05-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

The show that I'll miss the most is All My Children. I seriously cried when I heard the news of it being cancelled. I've watched it since I was probably too young to be watching it...lol. It's just always been this constant in my life, through illnesses, break-ups, good times, etc. And now it won't be there anymore. Just really sad to me.

There were also a few other shows that I really liked that won't be back - Mad Love, Traffic Light, and Better with You. I was also enjoying Breaking In, really wish they would have given it a better day and time slot. I also just read that Christopher Meloni won't be back on Law & Order: SVU this fall. That really bums me out - I love him!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

i try not to get attached to shows b/c everythign i love gets canceled. as long as i still have dancing with the stars, castle, body of proof and the voice, i'm alright.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Didn't realize All My Children was coming to an end. I haven't watched it in years, still it seems weird it won't be around anymore.

I loved Lie to Me, but have been expecting it's cancellation for awhile now.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I'm still very upset that Life Unexpected was canceled...
Me too. That was was one of my fave shows.

I'm pretty bummed about One Life to Live being cancelled. I've watched it since I was a child. It'll be weird to not have it on anymore.

I'm sad (but not surprised) about My Boys too. I miss PJ and the gang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4noisyboys View Post
My fave show of the season (and I think this is season 2) is Modern Family. I would be shocked if it got cancelled, but I loved Arrested Development and it didn't make it years ago.
Modern Family is in an entirely different league ratings-wise than Arrested Development. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was a bit bummed about Hellcats. And we watched the Smallvile series finale and it was time to let it go. There was a clause in making the series that they could never have Clark fly during the series, so there was kind of a built in timeline. The series had just run its course but the finale was great.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Keely have you been watching Game of Thrones? We are soo loving it and I'm so glad that they aren't changing much from the books at all. I don't like what they did with Renley's character b/c I didn't get that vibe from the books but otherwise it's great.

I hate knowing what's going to happen to one of the main characters...I really love watching him. DH hasn't read the books so he doesn't know and it's hard to keep my mouth shut lol
I am liking the show and I'm really glad they're sticking so close to the books. I've been too busy and short of reading time (hence my lack of participation in the ssd book club) BUT I just started the 3rd book. I think they're doing a great job so far, still like the books better LOL. I love Peter Dinklage but I think he's too pretty for Tyrion LOL

....and Arrested Development is like seriously one of the best shows ever...a movie is still a possibility. We own the whole series, it never gets old.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesmom View Post
I was a bit bummed about Hellcats. And we watched the Smallvile series finale and it was time to let it go. There was a clause in making the series that they could never have Clark fly during the series, so there was kind of a built in timeline. The series had just run its course but the finale was great.
Why couldn't he fly?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I did not see One Tree Hill so I am happy about that

Old 05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I don't watch a lot of network TV...so nope, none of my shows made the list. But a big buh-bye to Oprah...it's long overdue in my book.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:43 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Kinda glad that O-prah is O-Ver! Yesterday...during our tornado outbreak, all the weather guys could talk about for that hour was how people were upset that they were missing the last episode. REALLY?!?!?! Upset over a stinkin' show vs. your life or your kids' lives?!?!?

Okay, off my soap box!

We do not watch much network TV but both DH & I are huge fans of Sons of Anarchy (Drama on FX) and I'm so glad that they are starting Season 4 in September. I also liked Big Love but knew that would end sooner or later. I was also a faithful Sopranos watcher too. I think DH & I are drawn more to the shows on cable and preminum channels as they have more creativity in them. And in the past couple of years, it does seem like HBO & Showtime have alot of shows vs the movies that were always seen.

These times....they are a changin'!

Melanie
Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post
....and Arrested Development is like seriously one of the best shows ever...a movie is still a possibility. We own the whole series, it never gets old.
Totally agree with that. It's biggest downfall was it was on Fox which has no patience for shows what-so-ever. I try to never get invested in shows on Fox because they tend to axe them. The fact that they even gave it three seasons was kind of a miracle.

Greg the Bunny was another Fox fave of mine which they cancelled after one season. But admittedly that show was probably too weird for a lot of people. I miss Tardy the Turtle.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm losing the following:

All My Children
America's Next Great Restaurant
Greek
Mr. Sunshine
One Life To Live
Suite Life on Deck

I'm SOOO sad about Greek. I sobbed through the entire finale. I told myself I wouldn't, and I did. I started watching it my freshman year of college, and I feel like I really grew up as the characters did. It just kills me that it's over, but I've got plenty of other ABC Family shows to keep me happy.

All My Children and One Life To Live are sad losses... especially OLTL, but I usually have class when they're on anyway, so I don't watch them that often. It's going to be hard, though, because I know I'll get hooked on them again when I'm on maternity leave, just before they leave for good.

I liked America's Next Great Restaurant, so I'm sad to see it's not returning. Same for Mr. Sunshine... I always got quite a few giggles from it.

And, Suite Life On Deck is a family favorite around our house. It'll be weird with SO many of the Disney shows we actually like going away. We liked Hannah, Suite Life, and Jonas LA. Oh well... I won't totally miss the other two, since I don't watch them, but they keep my brother happy (and quiet!)

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I am devestated that The Chicago Code isn't coming back! I LOVED that show, how it was different than Criminal Minds and CSI, it focused more about the beat cops. Boooooo!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sad to see Lie To Me on the list....LOVED that show.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm with kscwgirl on trying not to get attached to shows because they get canceled, but I haven't watched many new series lately.

I am totally bummed about Law & Order: Criminal Intent being shut down. It was awful the season they took Goren and Eames off. Now they are back and it is only for 8 episodes, so I am cherishing every one of them.

I'm also going to miss The Closer. I already knew they were going to quit, but I am glad to see they are stretching it to 2012.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post

Has this family ever seen a chicken?

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb21 View Post
I also just read that Christopher Meloni won't be back on Law & Order: SVU this fall. That really bums me out - I love him!
And, Mariska Hargity is cutting back her hours, so.... looks like it'll be a bit weird without either of them. I don't watch it until it hits Netflix. Someone please tell me Munch and Fin are still there!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the Band and Suite Life on deck are the only two that we watched off of that list. Sad, since I think I have seen 3 episodes of each every time I have watched it with the girls.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Nothing I watch regularly or look forward to watching was cancelled. I saw a few episodes of Traffic Light and thought it was good, but I'd be a DVR viewer for it. I couldn't deal with Raising Hope before it.

Fox is AWFUL at giving shows a chance, yet some of my faves are on there, lol! (Bones and Fringe)
Old 05-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb21 View Post
The show that I'll miss the most is All My Children. I seriously cried when I heard the news of it being cancelled. I've watched it since I was probably too young to be watching it...lol. It's just always been this constant in my life, through illnesses, break-ups, good times, etc. And now it won't be there anymore. Just really sad to me.
Totally agree with this! I'm so sad about AMC and One Life to Live. I can remember my grandma watching those shows the entire time I was growing up, so while I don't watch them every day now, they have a lot of sentimental value to me. I still can't believe ABC cancelled them.

I really liked Off the Map, but I could tell after a few episodes that it wasn't going to make it, so I quit watching. There's nothing worse than getting invested in a show only to have it cancelled after a few episodes.

Also, someone mentioned Game of Thrones. DH and I are loving that show! Neither of us has read the books, but so far, we're hooked!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
Why couldn't he fly?
DH explained it to me once. It was part of the deal they made to get the rights to make the TV show. They were really creative about him jumping really high and dream sequences though. In the final episode, he legitimately flew though.

ETA: DH is obsessed with Game of Thrones. He read all the books when he was younger and he is really enjoying the series. He says that they are really close to book.

Last edited by carriesmom; 05-26-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Caprica was so good, I am really bummed they cancelled it. And The Gates, I loved that show!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I watched Rubicon for a while, but I didn't really follow any of the other shows. I was sure surprised to hear about the soaps -- I thought they'd be around forever!

I LOVE Game of Thrones -- I'm totally hooked!