Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-21-2015, 07:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What's going on with you?

I always love the threads where we share our good news, so tell us what's going on with you right now? Do you have some happy news to share?
Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hubby and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary last week, and he surprised me with an eternity ring which was SO super sweet. (It's getting sized at the moment - I'll take a pic when I pick it up again). He also finally chose his own wedding ring. (He's never worn one before because in his military job, he couldn't wear it 99% of the time. This year however, he has a desk job, so can wear a ring. Yay!) He chose a Celtic design that has a lot of meaning behind it for us as a couple and for our family. I was completely surprised by both rings, because in the lead up to our anniversary he pretended to not really care about celebrating it, and I was getting a little frustrated that it didn't seem to mean as much to him as it did to me. He was playing me all along, when in fact he spent a lot of time organising everything.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

nothing too amazing going on at the moment - just more of the flat out super busy uni stuff that seems to rule my life (you wouldn't think I just had a 2 week break) but I can now say I have 7 more weeks plus one exam then I will be down to my last 2 papers of my degree

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 04-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Happy anniversary!

I'm on week 2 of the 21 day fix and I'm feeling good.
I feel like I'm on the computer less though. Good and bad, haha! I don't like feeling like I'm missing ct assignments and scrappy time!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Happy anniversary, Jacinda! xoxo

I'm crawling out of my hole, so I guess that's good news? LOL
Old 04-21-2015, 08:48 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

That's awesome and so sweet, Jacinda! Glad you were able to celebrate together. Our 15th is later this summer. We haven't talked about doing anything special, but Brett really surprised me for our 10th, so maybe he'll do something good this time too. We'll see.

Life here has been pretty blah lately . . . nothing exciting to report in my little family. My cute niece is living with my parents this summer in order to be close to her boyfriend who just graduated from college and got a job in SLC. We're expecting them to be engaged pretty soon, so that's kind of exciting.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What a sweet gesture Jacinda! Happy anniversary!

We've had nothing too exciting lately. I recently completed my couch to 5k program which is exciting news for me personally. I'll "run" (it's a fun run so I don't know how much actual running will be done) my first 5k this weekend!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 04-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love reading everyone's news. Congrats on the anniversaries, birthdays, and other personal accomplishments! Jennifer, you're getting so close to the end of your degree!

Things are status quo here for the moment. The kids all had a good year in school and the next couple of months include lots of the fun stuff like field trips and class plays. (Testing, too, which will be much less fun.)

Since my youngest is in full day kindergarten this year, it was my first year back at work. I'm teaching preschool part time and love it, but I've put in a lot more time than I expected to outside of school hours on things like lesson planning and parent emails. The year is winding down--we only have about 5 weeks left. I'm looking forward to summer break and to being able to reuse a lot of my lesson plans next year, both of which mean more of my time will be mine again and can be used for scrapping.

My 9 year old started Special Olympics over the winter, and he's loving it! He feels so important having weekend practices like his big brother. He really hasn't gotten to be involved in any extracurricular activities before now, so we're thrilled that he's found something he enjoys. Other than that we've had a few big birthdays and made a lot of trips to visit family in New York and Connecticut. My parents said they'd watch the kids so DH and I could go away overnight soon, so we have to talk dates with them and then make some plans. Can't wait!

Last edited by rach3975; 04-21-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Happy Anniversary!

Speaking of anniversaries, our 10th wedding anniversary is coming up on May 15th, my parents' celebrated their 50th anniversary last Sunday, today is my husband's birthday and my youngest son turns 7 next Friday. So lots of celebrating here at the moment!

And, we are supposed to see the 'Storm of the Century' that the NSW coast has been battered with the last three days start easing tomorrow... yay!
Old 04-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Actually we can add a bit of happy news - got an A- for a test I did this morning

Scrappy Instagram

Old 04-21-2015, 10:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
Actually we can add a bit of happy news - got an A- for a test I did this morning
Congratulations!! It's been a while since I've seen you here. Glad you popped by to say hello
Old 04-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
Congratulations!! It's been a while since I've seen you here. Glad you popped by to say hello
It's absolutely mad here at the moment - got 7 weeks left of this semester and I am doing the equivalent of 1.25 full time course load (5 papers) plus one of them requires a minimum of 5 hours work experience - This week alone I have had a presentation, test and an essay due plus 4 half days at university in class, two afternoons staying back working on assignments plus one day at work experience and a 2 hour meeting on a different day with them that I must attend.I am keeping positive as after the 15th of June I have 5 weeks off before only have 2 papers to do. Really miss hanging out here and just generally having a life but I know its coming to an end soon

Scrappy Instagram

Old 04-21-2015, 10:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Epperson View Post
Happy anniversary!

I'm on week 2 of the 21 day fix and I'm feeling good.
I feel like I'm on the computer less though. Good and bad, haha! I don't like feeling like I'm missing ct assignments and scrappy time!
Me too! Yesterday was my weigh-in day and I lost 7lbs so far! I even cancelled my WW Monthly Pass after being a member since 2007. I just don't use it anymore.

That's so sweet, Jacinda! I can't wait to see your ring!

Old 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How fun, Sandy! I love watching first birthday cake eating/destroying! LOL!

Congrats on your test score, Jennifer!

Happy you are out of your hole, Jenn!

Oooh...we'll be waiting for news of a proposal, Lyd!

Good luck and have fun, Sara!

What kind of activities is he doing, Rachel? My daughter takes tumbling lessons at a place called Break the Barriers. They have a lot of children/adults that are disabled in their classes. It's such a great place to go. It teaches the children that don't have disabilities to be kind and caring to those that do and it teaches those with disabilities that they can do whatever they set their mind to do. It's pretty cool!

Yay for celebrations! Stay safe, Kim!

Old 04-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Happy anniversary, Jacinda!! Such a sweet gesture your DH did!

Well done on your exam, Jennifer!!
Sandy, how exciting to have birthdays coming up!

We're busy with the new apartment renovation at the moment. Really busy and tiring, but, exciting at the same time!
We got all the paints and tiles done. Today, DH had to go really early there to supervise people installing the shower head, toilet and basin as well as the rooms' doors. Yesterday, we just bought 2 air conditiioners and our first fridge! YAY!
We've got our kitchen cabinets and curtains in the making right now, so there's a lot of waiting at the moment.
Soon, it'll be cleaning up and furniture shopping! Fun times ahead, right?! But, boy, it's so energy consuming when it involves a 2 yo boy going along with us! >.<
Talking about that, it'll be DS 3rd birthday on 12th May, so, I'm looking forward to a family celebration
Old 04-21-2015, 11:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son is playing baseball this spring! Tonight he got a base hit which scored a run!!! It's a busy time, but he is putting out such good energy and is so happy. It's been a good spring.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got a tattoo It's kind of a belated birthday present to myself, I turned 40 last month. It's a band/bracelet around my ankle. It has 3 infinity symbols, separated with 2 lotus flowers and a clasp for the bracelet on the back. Each symbol has the name of one of my kids. I know tattoos aren't for everyone but I'm thrilled with how it turned out and love it!!

ETA - I just got a good laugh because I checked the blog right after posting here and the layout I did of my tattoo was staring back at me! Lol

Last edited by farrijc; 04-22-2015 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
What kind of activities is he doing, Rachel? My daughter takes tumbling lessons at a place called Break the Barriers. They have a lot of children/adults that are disabled in their classes. It's such a great place to go. It teaches the children that don't have disabilities to be kind and caring to those that do and it teaches those with disabilities that they can do whatever they set their mind to do. It's pretty cool!
That sounds like an amazing program! We need more places like that. He did basketball last season and bowling this season. He's mainstreamed for school, but for athletics I think he needs to be in a special needs environment (or a program like Break the Barriers) to feel successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
I got a tattoo It's kind of a belated birthday present to myself, I turned 40 last month.
That sounds beautiful! I turned 40 last month, too. No tattoo to celebrate, though--I'm getting a new camera later this year.

Last edited by rach3975; 04-22-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Reading all this good news makes me happy. So glad to hear you all have something good going on in your life right now.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Jacinda! Sounds like hubby did a great job

Not much going on here either - winter was way too long and the last bit of snow finally has melted this week. Now we've had rain or drizzle for the past 5 days and forecasted for at least the next 5 days. Everything is brown, grey, and gross looking - LOL. Lots of clean up from this winter too since we had a lot of high winds - there's crap all over the place from roofs, trees, siding blown off houses, etc. I can't wait for a warm dry day to get out and start cleaning up and digging in my gardens.

The school year is also winding down - Cheyanne is on break this week and then goes back until June 12, with that last week being final exams. Basketball is over and she's not playing softball this year so things are very quiet around here. She has had a great 1st year of high school and has really settled in well to a new school (which is huge compared to her elementary/middle school years) and a fairly high pressure environment to do well all around; she's handled it well and has risen to the challenge.

For our only excitement lately, we did go to the "big city" yesterday just to get away and do some spring shopping for a day - a little retail therapy to beat the winter/spring blahs!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ahh... love everyone's news. It's been so quiet around here

Nikki, what's a 21 day fix?

I'm looking forward to getting out for the weekend with dh in a couple weeks. A couple times a year we spend a weekend away from the kids (and dogs for me, lol!) We pick an expensive hotel room and basically eat, drink and mill around the city for a couple days. We pay my friend's dd to kid/house/dog sit for us and it's worth every penny.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing really exciting happening here. I've been busy losing weight and getting fit, which I'm enjoying, I'm nearly done with C25K, I've signed up for the gym and I've lost 52lb since the beginning of January!

I've signed up for a 5k in June, a 10k in July and a half marathon in September so I don't have time to waste since I started from being super unfit lol
Old 04-22-2015, 02:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

52lbs Gemma, that's awesome!! Well done YOU!
Old 04-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Nothing really exciting happening here. I've been busy losing weight and getting fit, which I'm enjoying, I'm nearly done with C25K, I've signed up for the gym and I've lost 52lb since the beginning of January!

I've signed up for a 5k in June, a 10k in July and a half marathon in September so I don't have time to waste since I started from being super unfit lol
WOW! Good job!
Old 04-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sent in an application to Kristin's CT call and I'm in!! I don't know anyone irl who gets why this is such a big thing for me, but I'm jumping up and down (on the inside) every time I think about it. I don't even know if I'm allowed to tell anyone yet. It feels a little bit like being pregnant, but it's too early to tell the world.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
That sounds like an amazing program! We need more places like that. He did basketball last season and bowling this season. He's mainstreamed for school, but for athletics I think he needs to be in a special needs environment (or a program like Break the Barriers) to feel successful.
How fun! I bet he loved it!! Break the Barriers does lots of gymnastics/dance/tumbling but they also have Karate (and the like), swimming and archery. They even have competition teams that travel all over the world. The teams are made up of both disabled and non. The owners opened up the place when her sister with down's syndrome wanted to do gymnastics. It all started in their backyard and grew from there. Just super special.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Gemma!! That's awesome!! Way to go!

Sherly - How in the world is he three already?!

Christine - Congrats!

Old 04-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We ordered new family room furniture 3 months ago and it finally arrived.... Beyond thrilled and excited! Took forever but worth the wait I also got a guest spot with KCB and am over the moon excited. But my best news ever today is that I get to keep my granddaughter Everly who is one for the week of Mother's Day in till my birthday and I can not wait !!! Doing the happy dance!
Old 04-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats to everyone else in anniversaries, weight loss, past test and other exciting moments
Old 04-25-2015, 08:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am video chatting with the hiring manager for a company I really want to work for this coming Thursday. This is after filling out an application, taking an online personality quiz, and having a phone screen with the office manager. I have a writing assignment I need to do before then, but I'm feeling good and hopeful about the whole thing. This would be the perfect job for me: even though the HQ are here in Indy, it's a remote environment so I wouldn't have to work in the office at all (!!) and it's a copywriting job which is not only what I'm best at (writing) but also what my degree is (finally getting to use that college education 10+ years after the fact).
Old 04-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Nikki, what's a 21 day fix?
It's an eating well/workout plan.

Check it out here!

I've lost 11 pounds and idk how many inches. I didn't measure because, ugh, I didn't really want to know how wide I was.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's an eating well/workout plan.

Check it out here!

I've lost 11 pounds and idk how many inches. I didn't measure because, ugh, I didn't really want to know how wide I was.
Good job! What day are you on?
Old 04-25-2015, 09:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Good job! What day are you on?
Day 13
Old 04-25-2015, 11:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Day 13
Awesome! So, I bet you're past the part where you don't think you'll be able to do it, lol! Good job
Old 04-25-2015, 11:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Awesome! So, I bet you're past the part where you don't think you'll be able to do it, lol! Good job
Oh I still struggle and worry every day, lol! I have a lot to lose. I really let myself go when we quit smoking!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 04-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love seeing everyone's great news!

My great news is that I just got home from a lovely vacation yesterday. We went to see my sister get married at her cabin in south Utah. We added on a couple of extra days to spend time in Las Vegas, Arches National Park and Salt Lake City. It was great.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I love seeing everyone's great news!

My great news is that I just got home from a lovely vacation yesterday. We went to see my sister get married at her cabin in south Utah. We added on a couple of extra days to spend time in Las Vegas, Arches National Park and Salt Lake City. It was great.

You weren't here during the awful snow, were you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
You weren't here during the awful snow, were you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We got snow, but only when we were at the cabin which was at 9,000', but that was the day of the wedding. We ended up moving it inside. The rest of the days were cool, but comfortable.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Going to disneyland paris on monday. 4 days of magic
Old 05-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just getting ready to move again
Old 05-01-2015, 04:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A bummer of a week & had to rearrange plans at the last moment, BUT this weekend is (a) iNSD which is always fun with lots of new pretties to look at and (b) my nephew's and my son's joint bday party.

My nephew turns 11 today, and Mister Moose will be 1 next Tuesday (!!) so we are getting together at my parents' to celebrate them both. I can't wait!
Old 05-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

We only have ten days until we're going to move to the big city, and I have mostly dealt with the waste so far- I've hardly packed anything, and I start getting seriously scared...