Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm
Default I always love it when....

A paper scrapper says, "I love your page, where did you buy your chipboard letters - Hobby Lobby?"

or...

I love this..it's digital? it looks so real! <snicker>

What about you..what do you love to hear about your pages?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love just about any comment...so long as it is genuine

And when one of my scrap idols or a favorite designer takes the time to comment that is awesome!!

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love when someone will comment on one of my newer pages, and then go and peek at my gallery and comment on a few more. It kinda makes you feel special that that one layout can make them want to take a closer look at your style, KWIM?

And Darcy, I do love those "Wow, that's digital?" comments I get at places where it is mostly paper scrappers.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is fantastic, Darcy, and sweet to my ears too.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post

And when one of my scrap idols or a favorite designer takes the time to comment that is awesome!!
THIS!

I just love the love.

But I also like when I've just received my pages all printed so nicely - love it when my family & friends oogle over them.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:25 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

On one of the slow day at work, I shared the LO I worked on over the weekend in our group chat program. One of the guy said, "Wow, you've used lots of staples on your board!" I totally thought he knew it was digital and he meant as if I used lots of staples on my LO. Later in our conversation, I realised that he meant REAL wooden board!!!! He wasn't kidding about it! When I told him that it's all digital, he couldn't believe it!
Old 01-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboutique View Post
THIS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post

I just love the love.

But I also like when I've just received my pages all printed so nicely - love it when my family & friends oogle over them.
Exactly everything here. ^^

&& I love that my kids (almost 4, 2, & 1), mostly the older 2 will sit & look through the books of LO's for hours & are LOVE them.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

that is awesome!
Old 01-29-2011, 02:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Everything mentioned so far

(a) When someone thinks items on my layout are so real, based on my dropshadows or the design
(b) When one of my dream designers or scrapper idols comment on a layout of mine (omg one of them just did and I was so excited I accidentally opened another program which hung my computer, lol)
(c) When someone keeps adding comments to older layouts, showing me she really likes my galleyr
(d) I also like it when people favorite a layout of mine--what a thrill!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What I love:

1. When someone comments my LO on their own. Don't take me wrong, I loved my comments in Sweet Layout Lovin' Thread and I miss them, but I have not that much time for commenting now, so I appreciate if I get comments nonetheless.

2. Genuine comments. What I love especially is if someone notices something that I meant all along. An example - I had "summer" as title of a LO about myself, but put the "me" in a different colour. Only one person spotted it, but it was *so* worth it. Generally I like if I can see that people more than just glanced at the page, but really took a look.

3. As others have said, it's cool when someone browses through my gallery and adds comments to the older pages. Feels great.

4. If someone adds my LO to their favourites.

5. It's super awesome if a designer finds a time for praise, especially if it's the designer that made the kit I used for the LO. That's warm and fuzzy!

6. When someones writes to me that my LOs inspired them to do one of their own. What a feeling.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I forgot one of the most important ones!

7. It happens very often that I do LOs for my non-scrapping friends. If they love it, I'm very happy. It's especially cool if it's a kiddo / family LO and the hubby or the kids themselves love it (mothers are easy to please, but with men and kids it's not that easy). That feels yay!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
5. It's super awesome if a designer finds a time for praise, especially if it's the designer that made the kit I used for the LO. That's warm and fuzzy!
You have sais everything, sis', but this one feels the best for me... like in the morning when Libby commented on my new project done with her latest kit:
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...56&ppuser=8181

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
I forgot one of the most important ones!

7. It happens very often that I do LOs for my non-scrapping friends. If they love it, I'm very happy. It's especially cool if it's a kiddo / family LO and the hubby or the kids themselves love it (mothers are easy to please, but with men and kids it's not that easy). That feels yay!
Oh yes, and also this one. Women are easy to please with all those flowers, swirlies, little pretty decorations. Each time a male appreciates my LO, I know that it must be really worthy for him to say the words of praise

Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Actually, what I appreciate most is the "someone really looked at the LO and noticed things" regardless of who it was. And like you also mention, praise from the "unexpected source".

Old 01-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
I love when someone will comment on one of my newer pages, and then go and peek at my gallery and comment on a few more. It kinda makes you feel special that that one layout can make them want to take a closer look at your style, KWIM? .
Yes. This.

It happens all the time at Scrapbook.com and I also love it then when one of the ladies over there says she's going to scraplift my page. I use paper pages for inspiration all the time and I'm so glad that they can use my digi pages for inspiration too!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i appreciate praise. period. if someone takes the time to comment on my layout, i definitely appreciate. while i'm a layerer and a clusterer, i also really take time to document what's happening in the photo i'm scrapping and when someone comments on how i 'captured the mood' or 'really told the story,' it makes my whole day.

i agree that when a designer or a scrapper i really admire comments, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

i also love when my kids carry around their little scrapbooks i've put together for them. i realize they can't read them yet, and they'll love them no matter what, but it makes me feel like i've done my 'job.'

i'm just glad someone likes to look at my layouts lol

Old 01-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the digital community here! Even though I haven't scrapped in over a month (hasn't stopped me from buying though), I still feel like this is my home!

Oh and I love it when someone tells me "You should charge money to do that." I've stopped explaining to them the complications of all that and just take it as a big ol' compliment. Oh and when people have to touch the page to see it really is digital!

I really need to print more LOs, my boys probably think I stopped at when they were babies!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

when the commentor uses the phrase "as usual" or "as always." To me it means they have remembered bits of my previous layouts.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, all of the above
Old 01-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I scrap for me, but I have to admit that it makes me feel really good when someone comments on one of my pages, because it feels good to know someone is actually looking at them. I also get kind of excited if a page has tons of views, because it tells me that there's something about that page that's catching people's eye.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love it when designers comment on my layouts, especially when they say things like my layout really made their kit shine, or that my layout was exactly what they had in mind when they created the kit. *swoon*
Old 01-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Just about everything's already been mentioned. But like Laura mentioned, I do a lot of journaling and I love when someone's comment is about it and you can tell they took the time to read it.
I also love it when someone who has already commented on one comes back and comments on it again saying they lifted it or mentioned it somewhere else.

But really my absolute favorite is when a scrapper I greatly admire comments on my pages saying how wonderful something on the page is that I always admire in their pages. (like shadows or layering or such)

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love any comment-honestly...but I have to admit that there are some that are just special in their genuineness...
I try and spend a little time in the gallery each week just leaving love around-because I know how much I like it when comments are left on my LO's just because someone likes touring the gallery.
I also love it when my designers leave comments...makes me sure they are checking up and me...haha.
Lastly, I love it when the people I consider to be friends in this community leave comments-I know that they know just a bit more about my life outside just my "pages" and know when a LO is really special to me-Kellie, KCB and Darcy are so wonderful about this and any comment from them warms my heart.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to g6scrapped

I agree with most of these.. I just love praise all together but getting a comment from a favorite designer/scrapper is a huge high for me.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

All ringing true to me too! I love the genuine comments - here at SSD that is the norm! Or when you can tell from the comment that someone actually looked at your page content or read the journaling, for example - how flattering!

I especially like it when a nay-saying die hard paper scrapper is a bit curious now because it is that realistic... heehee!

Old 01-29-2011, 05:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh... all the above... especially my hybrid... I spend so much time on that and to have someone take the time to say that they liked it, or they want to learn how to do that is just precious! It really... REALLY... means a lot. Especially on those days where I'm really hard on my work and think I totally suck, why bother? *sniff* I love you girls, and guy! You all rock in my book!!

The other thing that I really enjoy is seeing the delight in my son's eyes as he goes through the pages and he points out who everyone is... or if I make him a hybrid album/toy/item and he will carry it around with him and show others... even MONTHS later... I scrap for him and for my family... so their praise makes my day!!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wow! Hard to come up with something new since you all have mentioned everything I can think of. But I'm another one who really appreciates meaningful comments and compliments from a designer on the way I used their product.

My Blog: Quantum Leaps