Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 01-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default New at the Captivated Visions Blog: How to use the Artified Templates

Hiya everyone,

A Happy 2016 to you!!

I hope you all had a great holiday season and are having a great start to this new year. We had a lovely long Christmas holiday, Simon had some extra holiday allowance to take and so finished work on December 17th. I really enjoyed the extra time that the three of us had together and we were able to travel away from home and stayed with my Mum for Christmas which was lovely

I'm full of energy for this new year and excited about what opportunities Captivated Visions will create for you this year.

I'm kicking off with some tutorials on my Artified series of templates, i've been receiving some e-mails about how to use these templates and I should have written up the tutorials sooner so they were on the top of my to do list!

Carol asked for some basic instructions which would be useful to anyone who has taken a break from creating for a while or who might be new to artsy scrapbooking or this series of templates. I think the easiest way to do this is some layout walk throughs which will show you how easy the templates are to use and what kind of effects you can achieve by using them!

Each Artified template is inspired from painted and blended layers hidden deep inside my very own Art Journal. They have evolved a little over time but typically each template includes a layer to drag your base paper, various blending masks/transfer style layers to blend a second paper or photo into your background or to recolour and various other mixed media layers like paint, splatters, doodles etc.

You can make each creation your own by choosing whether to use the painted or blending mask layers as paint (you could leave them as-is or re-colour them) or for paper or for photos. When you make your own choices about how to use each layer you'll be able to create unique layouts time and time again with these flexible templates.

They really are a little gem for putting together an artsy background whether you use it for just a bit of journaling, a simple photo page or by adding more complex layers and embellishments.

If you're wondering about file formats the digital downloads include the layered templates in PSD and TIF formats aswell as individual PNG files for programmes that do not support layered files. They are also provided in .page and .sbpage file format to work with Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus software Versions 3.0 and 4.0.

Hop on over to the blog to read a detailed layout walk through of my 'yes today is amazing' layout using an artified template and other supplies by Captivated Visions.

Have a great week and don't hesitate to leave me a comment, question or tut request!

Rachel