Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-16-2017, 02:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How do you feel about boats?

I just finished reading The Woman in Cabin 10. It's a thriller and the main character is trapped on this luxury boat. I have often told my hubby that I don't love boats because I don't like that you are "trapped" on the boat until you get to land. So I definitely felt the tension and creepiness the author was going for! It's a great book, by the way if anyone is looking for a fun, scary thriller.

In any event, I know that I may be weird about the topic of boats. I don't really even like the idea of something like a booze cruise because, what if you get out there and you feel bad or you aren't having a good time -- you are still trapped on this boat until it's over. I don't mind big cruise ships so much because they are more like a small city to me than a boat.

How do you feel about boats? Speedboats, sailboats, cruise ships, etc.? Does the size of the boat make a difference?
Old 08-16-2017, 03:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm with you. I don't like the idea of being on a boat. I don't think i'd ever go on a cruise willingly... you hear so much about the illnesses on boats because of people all being together omg it just makes me anxious thinking about it!!

I also am very prone to motion sickness so smaller boats make me queazy. I don't mind being in a rowboat or something that goes slow.... LOL!
Old 08-16-2017, 05:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Boats don't bother me at all...I've been on two cruises and have taken boats out onto lakes.

I will say though...the last cruise I was on the waters were pretty rocky for our day at sea and the swaying gave me a migraine. I even ended up below deck in the infirmary because I felt so awful. Once the waters settled and I was able to get some rest, I was ok.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Or, it could have been the tequila...I'm going with the water excuse though. Hahahahaha!

Old 08-16-2017, 06:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Boats in general don't bother me - Hubby would love to get one, but they are expensive to operate/maintain if don't use them much, which would be here.

For cruise ships... *shutter*... I can't deal with all the people and rules. Hubby wants to do a cruise so bad and I told him as long as my room is above water and there is a real window/no porthole (thinking of Titanic and when my aunt/uncle went on this amazing cruise - only to find out that their room was right next to the boiler room!)... and I can eat when I want to eat what I want... and no formal dress - I don't like eating at tables with people I don't know... then maybe. I rather do one of European River Cruises - those look nice.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love boats, especially sail boats. I grew up sailing on our lake and around the ocean here and also out in San Diego and Hawaii when we lived there. I've been on one cruise and I while I did enjoy it, I still prefer sailing for the excitement of it.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love boats of all kinds! We go on a yearly cruise and have been saving up money for our own ski boat. My parents have one and I grew up going o the lake every other weekend all summer!
Old 08-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've never been on a cruise---I've seen Titanic and know what happens if it has trouble in the water! :O

The little ones, I get motion sickness so I don't really care for them. The ferry to get from Mackinaw City to Mackinac Island makes me sick if I look around too much. But if I stay somewhat still, I can make the 10-minute ferry ride to the island.

I guess it's safe to say boats and I are not friends?!