Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Styles help in CS3

I have saved several of my favorite shadow settings as styles and if my computer restarts when I open CS3 again some of my styles are gone. It has saved the ones I made in the beginning but the ones I have done recently are gone. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? This is very puzzling and frustrating.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Hey Amanda --

I would first save the whole set of your styles with your preset manager so that they can easily be loaded back in without having to remake them each time. Then, you should try to reset your tools and reload your styles. It shouldn't be doing that each time you restart CS3, so it's probably just a little hiccup that can be fixed with resetting.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea how to reset LOL. I had no idea you could save your styles so thank you very much for that tip. How cool. Much better than having to redo them each time. Some I had forgot the settings so I lost for good but at least now I know to save them. Thanks Libby. How do you reset your tools?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Amanda, when you have your style palette up, use the little arrow in the upper right hand corner (or you can do it through the edit drop down). Navigate to your presets and then highlight the styles you want to save and go to save set. Then just name the set and save it to any folder. If they are disappearing, it's most likely due to your PS not shutting down properly. If PS isn't allowed to shut down properly it won't save anything added since you've last opened it. HTH!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

If you have any tool selected (like your crop tool for example), up in the upper left hand of your screen, there is a little drop down box with those tool options. In that drop down box, there's a little arrow that points to the right, and if you click on that, another menu opens. In *that* menu, there is an option that says "reset all tools."

Clear as mud? LOL!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies! Sheri- I think this is why my styles are not saving. I alwasy leave my program open and the only time it is ever closed or restarted is at night if my computer does its maintenance thing and re-starts so my program is not being shut down properly. Thanks for the insight into this. Makes sense.

Thanks Libby- I will try the resetting of the tools as well.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I reset my tools a different way. Once you have a tool selected, you'll see the icon for that tool up in the upper left corner (right under the File menu). Just right click on that icon and it'll give you 2 options: Reset Tool or Reset All Tools. Just saves you a few clicks, but does the same thing.