Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Pinterest follow-up

Thought I'd share with you all here the response that a blogger/photographer got after she posted about the copyright stuff for pinterest.

Makes me smile :-)

http://ddkportraits.com/2012/02/my-d...ying-my-tears/
Old 03-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

that's wonderful!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:17 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Yeah - I like that.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yay!! TFS!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

awesome! What a great way to resolve something, kudos to them both for being willing to work together!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I read through it yesterday, but it gave me the feeling that things still aren't resolved. It just sounds like they didn't think through things well...one, they don't want people to self-promote by pinning their own things; and two, you can't pin things by other people unless you have their permission to do so. Kind of negates pinning almost anything.
After reading the comments, I saw at least one photographer who sent Pinterest a cease and desist letter and had her images removed...it just looks like it could get a lot uglier before it gets better. The part that really got me was the fact that if someone is sued for repinning an image without permission, that person not only has to pay for a lawyer for themselves, but also pay for Pinterest's legal fees as well. I went ahead and deleted my photo inspiration boards, as well as several others for that specific reason. I doubt I'd get sued, but no use taking chances...and I'm sure the people who got sued in the Napster mess thought they'd be in the clear too. I'll still browse Pinterest, but the legal issues aren't worth it to me until they get things cleared up.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

that's pretty cool!!! I love that he was humble enough to admit that things aren't quite right and they are working on trying to make it work for everyone
Old 03-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
I read through it yesterday, but it gave me the feeling that things still aren't resolved. It just sounds like they didn't think through things well...one, they don't want people to self-promote by pinning their own things; and two, you can't pin things by other people unless you have their permission to do so. Kind of negates pinning almost anything.
After reading the comments, I saw at least one photographer who sent Pinterest a cease and desist letter and had her images removed...it just looks like it could get a lot uglier before it gets better. The part that really got me was the fact that if someone is sued for repinning an image without permission, that person not only has to pay for a lawyer for themselves, but also pay for Pinterest's legal fees as well. I went ahead and deleted my photo inspiration boards, as well as several others for that specific reason. I doubt I'd get sued, but no use taking chances...and I'm sure the people who got sued in the Napster mess thought they'd be in the clear too. I'll still browse Pinterest, but the legal issues aren't worth it to me until they get things cleared up.
I hear you. I love that he said that they were aware of the problem and working on it but the fact is, the terms of use are still the same and until they change there is a certain liability that we take on by using the site.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. For now I'm not entirely concerned but I'm watching for sure.