Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 11-23-2019, 07:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone else getting excited for BF, new releases, shopping, games...etc

I have been trying to get my Wish List put together and I KNOW will be adding more with the upcoming releases. I mean really... have you seen the sneak peeks? Amazing stuff hitting the shoppe.

Anyone else looking forward to the BF sale? The games?

Anyone doing non-scrappin BF shopping? I am trying to stay clear of the shopping madness on BF other than SSD.

Old 11-23-2019, 08:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes & Yes! I love black Friday! Like all-night shopping for me! Although this year I'll only go a few places thursday night, then get some sleep, then back out early on Friday with the family. It's kinda tradition!

As far as here at SSD- I've got my wishlist updated- but like you said, I'm sure it'll get added to as the releases go live!
Old 11-23-2019, 08:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Me me! I've got a couple of things on my wishlist for sure, but mostly I can't wait to see all the new goodies coming! Plus, my husband is leaving Saturday morning, so I plan on spending the day scrapping and playing games.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Probably no spending for me outside of the house. Those sort of things were kinda put on hold since I started having children. Always have a baby in the house and I hate pumping so I won't go. I wouldn't know what to buy either and seeing things would make me buy more...

Probably some SSD products though!
Old 11-23-2019, 11:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Add me to the list....I can't wait

Old 11-24-2019, 12:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I can't wait! My birthday is the 27th (ugh - 40!) and my sister gets me a SSD gift certificate every year for my bday, it's always great timing with black Friday. It's not quite the same thing here (Canada) for Black Friday, but it sounds too people-y for me, so I'll stay at home.

Old 11-24-2019, 05:34 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

There's no Black Friday here, and I typically avoid when we're in the states (or stationed at a "regular" overseas military base) anyway. We have to go to school & work on Friday....and the embassy guys are off on Thurs, but kids & I have school!!! And won't participate in much online Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping as all of our gifts have already been ordered & most have arrived! Typically takes 2-3 weeks for packages to arrive here & mail will slow down, so we shopped ahead.
BUT... I'm really excited to celebrate Black Friday at SSD! I "need" a particular kit to finish up a page for the Nov. passport & I'm trying to wait til Thursday night to get it (plus a few other things from my wish-list AND probably of course some new releases......)
Old 11-24-2019, 11:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

have you seen the sneak peeks?
Yes!! I've seen the peeks, I've seen what my designers have given us already. I think I'm going to go broke this week!!

Anyone else looking forward to the BF sale?
Always!!

The games?
I'll put a pin in this one. We have some real life stuff happening and I don't know where I'm going to be mentally or physically, really! Time will only tell what this weekend will be like if I can play in the games! But generally am always excited for games, chatter and anything new!

Anyone doing non-scrappin BF shopping?
I probably won't go out BF shopping just because the closest stores are 1/2 hour away from us (in TN) and with ridiculous taxes. Most of my shopping these days are online (with cheaper taxes since my postal address is KY) and sent to the house. So that might be the case with my BF shopping. I still have all the extended family's presents that I have to get so I'll try to use the sales to bring down the cost to meet/fit our budget if I can this weekend!
Old 11-24-2019, 01:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am! I always look forward to SSD sales and all the new releases that happen on big sale days. Not sure about games and scrapping yet--we'll be away visiting family, so I won't have much time to participate.

Most of the shopping I do will probably be online. I haven't bought any holiday gifts yet, so I'll get as much as I can online during the BF sales. I used to like going to the stores very early Friday morning, but now a lot of that has moved to Thursday. We have the extended family gathered together that day, so it's not a day for shopping in my family. The other reason that I stopped going on Friday is that we moved Thanksgiving from my childhood home in Connecticut to my sister's house right outside New York City. Between the high prices there and how hard it is to find parking, it's just not worth it.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:24 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I used to like going to the stores very early Friday morning, but now a lot of that has moved to Thursday. We have the extended family gathered together that day, so it's not a day for shopping in my family.
Ugh, yes! We were stationed overseas for 10 years & when we finally came back to the states, I was looking forward to an "old-fashioned family Thanksgiving" where we ate dinner, played games, watched football, heated up a second round of dinner, etc. Imagine my surprise when at like 3:07 in the afternoon, my cousins started putting their coats on and taking off for shopping.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have to be really careful with BF shopping this year, too many other expenses coming up and have to be careful with money but....I will allow myself to get a few scrappy goodies.

I won't be doing any non-scrappy shopping. Seems weird to say that b/c I have always shopped BF, going to our place in WA on Thurs and hitting the stores Fri night but not this year. I have finally decided I'm done with the late BF shopping and instead we went out Saturday, hit a few good sales and bought a bunch of Xmas gifts. So now I feel ok with not getting out Fri night for the BF shopping.

We'll be home for the wkend which will be the first time in about 10 yrs so looking foward to scrapping, hanging out at home and relaxing. Sunday we'll get the Xmas stuff out from under the stairs to sort thru a bit on the wkend and be ready to put it up the following wkend.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:53 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

We are soooo glad you guys are excited as we love our big events just like you do! Just wanted to give you a heads up though, Black Friday is our BIGGEST sale of the year, but it is not a game / challenge / prize event, so get those wishlists ready, but don't worry about setting aside time for games & such!

Our Holiday Advent Calendar will be back this year though, so look for information on that kicking off December 1st! We can't wait to spoil you through the holidays!
Old 11-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband has to work on Thanksgiving, so we are staying home and doing a LATE dinner as a family. My spending budget is gone from our trip, there may be just a few things we get, but nothing major. I think I'll watch movies with the girls and maybe (hopefully) scrap some! They are all catching up on missing homework from the 1.5 weeks they were gone...so if I shut them all up in their rooms with work, maybe I can have me time!
Old 11-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't know if I'll have a chance to play games or even scrap... I hope for a few minutes to shop.

I will be soaking up time with the family before I send 2 of my kiddos back to college...

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow