Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone bought from JourneyEd or Academic Superstore before?

I am looking to get Creative Suite 5 (Design Standard version) soon. Of course I would love to get it at a discount! What version did you purchase? Was it the student teacher edition? And did you have to then apply to adobe to get the serial number? I know that certain versions require you to submit more credentials to unlock the programs but I am not sure if that applies to only the college/higher ed versions or all academic versions.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I actually got CS4 from Apple and they told me that you MAY NOT use the academic discounted version for commercial purposes...just a heads up....sucky!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used Academic Superstore to get Lightroom and had no problems, I didn't have to contact Adobe to use it.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
I actually got CS4 from Apple and they told me that you MAY NOT use the academic discounted version for commercial purposes...just a heads up....sucky!!!!!

http://studenteditions.adobe.com/#/learnMore/faq

If you look at the Mythbusters it sates that they can be used commercially.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I bought my version of photoshop and illustrator from Academic Superstore. Like you said Amanda, it totally can be used commercially. I had to submit a current college transcript and drivers license copy. Academic Superstore was great to buy from. Very nice people. I had to call them to be sure they got the fax that I sent of the transcript and they were really sweet. I've made several purchases from them and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. And for your questions, my Adobe purchases were long ago so maybe they've changed things, but I got everything I needed in the box. The only thing that reminds me it is a student/teacher edition is the start up screen.

Here are the rules regarding the purchase of Adobe products-
Quote:
Eligibility for Adobe Student and Teacher Editions Adobe Student and Teacher Editions are for use by:
University and college students—students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study
Primary and secondary school students—students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction
Faculty and staff—teachers and staff employed by an accredited primary or secondary school, or a public or private university or college
Required proof of eligibility In order to receive a serial number, individuals must provide proof that they are an eligible user of Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software. The following is needed to provide evidence of eligibility:
Students Students must provide a photocopy of a valid, current student ID that includes the student’s name, date, and a photo. If the student does not have such an ID, he or she must instead provide a photocopy of a valid photo ID and one of the following items:
Official, current non-photo student ID with name and date
Official, current school transcript indicating name of school and student
Official, current school tuition bill indicating name of school and student
Official, current report card indicating name of school and student
Other official dated proof of enrollment
Students who are younger than 18 and do not have a valid photo ID may provide an official letter from their eligible school stating their name and current enrollment status.
Teachers, faculty, and staff Teachers, faculty, and staff must provide a photocopy of a valid, current school ID that includes their name, date, and a photo. If the educator does not have such an ID, he or she must instead provide a photocopy of a valid photo ID and one of the following items: * Faculty or staff paycheck stub * Official letter from the registrar of the educational institution
Restrictions on use Individuals may purchase only one license of any Adobe Student and Teacher Edition. This license may be used only on privately owned computers. Adobe Student and Teacher Edition products may not be resold.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I checked when I bought it and that wasn't the case. The restriction on whether you could use it commercially was only for people outside the US. That was over a year ago though.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

hmmms well the guy at the apple store was VERY adamant that I NOT USE IT COMMERCIALLY. LOL!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I bought CS4 last year from Journey ed. They happened to be cheaper at the time. They were very helpful. The service was fast. I ordered it in the middle of the night and called in the morning to verify they had my transcript. It was shipped that day.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
hmmms well the guy at the apple store was VERY adamant that I NOT USE IT COMMERCIALLY. LOL!
I think I woulda checked with Adobe before believing the Apple dude lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I purchased Lightroom 2 from the Academic Superstore. The service was great and at the time I got free shipping. My husband is finishing up his degree so it was easy to email his eligibility. For us it was the way to go!

Old 05-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I work at a university, and have used Academic Superstore numerous times with no problems whatsoever.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to juliemarie

Quote:
I really think that used to be Adobe's policy. I think it must have changed in the last few years.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I've purchased several programs from Academic Superstore. I think I had to put in the key to unlock the program.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:54 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've been thinking about this and I wonder if he got confused with Microsoft's policy? I have the Student edition of Microsoft Office and it says on the top of the screen "educational non-commercial use".