Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2017, 05:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: Weekend! How are you spending your weekend? (12/22)

Nearly Christmas and weekend! How are you spending your weekend?

I've got a few errands to run today.
And I have a funeral I have to go to tomorrow.
Other than that I found myself a new phone (finally!). It's on sale in a local shop starting from tomorrowmorning. So I need to be there when the doors open at 9 a.m. otherwise it might be sold out. Crossing my fingers already.

How about you? How are you spending your weekend?

Old 12-22-2017, 06:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Going to be a super quiet weekend here as I’m recovering from treatment I had done for my iron and vitamin b12 deficiency - I planned the treatment for a Friday afternoon so that if I needed more rest I could over the weekend.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-22-2017, 10:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My son's been sick most of the week so what we do this weekend will hinge on whether he's getting better or worse.

We are supposed to see 'The Polar Express' tonight before I wrap up Christmas shopping after the kiddos go to bed. We're going out to dinner tomorrow with a gift card that my BIL & SIL got us for Christmas and taking the kiddos in shifts to buy gifts for each other.

Sunday is Christmas Eve so we'll go over to my parents' in the evening for church and a late dinner, go back home to get the kiddos to bed, and then I'll sneak out to go to the 11 pm service at my church with a friend before coming back to finish wrapping gifts for the morning.

I bought my nephew's old Xbox for my daughter for Christmas, and she's not expecting it at all. I really hope she's thrilled (and shows it) Christmas morning when she opens it! I need to find a box big enough for it over the weekend.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Some grocery shopping for the weekend festivities, definitely getting some scrapping done, finishing up some crochet projects, maybe starting on my recipe book?
Old 12-22-2017, 06:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Tomorrow I think we're going to go see the new Star Wars movie. Then my parents are coming on Sunday and staying for a few days. I have to finish revising my 2018 planner inserts and see about getting them printed, and I'm hoping to get a couple of pages scrapped. That's about it here.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

trying not to kill my children. They have lost their minds.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're taking a day trip to Las Cruces to go sand sledding. We're all pretty excited about that! We'll stay in a hotel and I think I'm going to be a dork and drag along popcorn and the DVD player so we can watch a Christmas movie I bought for family movie night. If we make it back in time we'll be headed in the other direction to see the luminarias in Sante Fe and back in time to be in our own beds for Christmas Eve.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Weekend started today because everyone was off. I took the girls out to get their hair botched---err, cut. Not the greatest cuts and never again will I get haircuts the weekend before Christmas.

I went to the commissary and bought my groceries for the week and made sure I had everything for Christmas morning (breakfast) and dinner. After that I took the kids to Walmart to so they could buy one another their Christmas presents. Forgot to pick up their Warheads Candy Canes---have to go out tomorrow Then I finished off the night with going to get the everyday kitchen staples (milk, bread, eggs, etc) from the green Walmart. Now that I'm home, we are watching the last Star Wars (okay, my husband, son and oldest)

Tomorrow is cleaning. My husband is taking the dog to the groomers. I'm cutting my son's hair and giving him a bath. Once my husband is home, he will be taking my oldest and the youngest to the theater to see the newest Star Wars.

Sunday is Christmas Eve---we'll do church in the AM, afterwards we are going to see Jumangi as a family (tradition) and then after the movie we'll get Chinese (another tradition), come home and play a game before opening the Christmas Eve pajamas.

Busy, busy, busy . . . .

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 12-22-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Nearly Christmas and weekend! How are you spending your weekend?

I've got a few errands to run today.
And I have a funeral I have to go to tomorrow.
Other than that I found myself a new phone (finally!). It's on sale in a local shop starting from tomorrowmorning. So I need to be there when the doors open at 9 a.m. otherwise it might be sold out. Crossing my fingers already.

How about you? How are you spending your weekend?
I'm really sorry about your loss. I'll be praying for you that you can find comfort in their loss <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
trying not to kill my children. They have lost their minds.
Yikes!! You can get through this break!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
We're taking a day trip to Las Cruces to go sand sledding. We're all pretty excited about that! We'll stay in a hotel and I think I'm going to be a dork and drag along popcorn and the DVD player so we can watch a Christmas movie I bought for family movie night. If we make it back in time we'll be headed in the other direction to see the luminarias in Sante Fe and back in time to be in our own beds for Christmas Eve.
I swear you never sleep! You are always going, going, going!! I can't wait to hear about the sand sledding and luminarias!!!
Old 12-22-2017, 11:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had planned to go for a walk this morning before it got hot, vacuum and mop floors and tidy the house for Christmas... but I woke up with excruciating pain in my neck and I can hardly turn my head to the left. I have no idea why its flared up (I've had neck/back issues for years) but this would be one of the worst episodes ever. So I raced off to physio... and now I'm not quite sure what to do over the weekend because I'm not one for sitting still and resting, especially when there's so many things that need to be done!
Old 12-22-2017, 11:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DH will go to (I forgot the place) to have our tiers changed then we'll go to the mall to buy the speaker he's dreaming about, hehe.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Friday and saturday should have been the last days of work for my vacation.but i am.sick at home.
Hope to feel a bit better on sunday because i have to buy some groceries for christmas and prepare some food for christmas

Last edited by renatasluis; 12-23-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I'm really sorry about your loss. I'll be praying for you that you can find comfort in their loss <3
Thank you Wendy!
I got home from the funeral. It was a nice, personal and traditional service.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My Kiddos are going to a paint party with friends this morning while the Mamas get a pedicure! Then Clean Clean Clean because we are hosting around 40 people for Cmas Eve. Then breakfast here at home Cmas Day and Dinner at ILs which is quiet and lovely. I normally sit by the fire and read.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We spent yesterday flying back from Universal Studios in Orlando. Now, I have to switch gears and get ready for Christmas morning here.

(((HUGS))) Sarah! My uncle passed away while I was on my trip, and I missed his funeral.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So sorry to read this Lynn. Hope you can say goodbye to him in another way. Hugs!