Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default So...how's that weather treatin' ya?

Because let me tell ya, it's downright CHILLY here on Maui!!! For reals. I mean, I've been {sneaking} getting up at night after Joel (DH) falls asleep and closing all the windows because I'm FREEZING!! And I even had to sleep with a real live BLANKET on top of the sheets on the bed for the past few weeks!

Now for some reason, when I tell friends/family on the mainland this, they either (A) roll their eyes at me (because I can actually HEAR that over the phone / e-mail ya know) and tell me to stop being such a weenie or (B) roll their eyes at me and tell me to stop being such a liar. Now, I'll admit...living on Maui for the past 7 years has made me a bit of a weather weenie. But I'm not alone in my belief that it's been chilly and I'm definitely NOT a liar. But don't take my word for it. See for yourself....

See there? Right THERE on our OFFICIAL weather forecast for last week...there it is...the word "chilly" splashed across MORE THAN ONE day...plain as can be - for ALL of you to witness - and see those temps?? CRAZY I tell ya!! How am I supposed to enjoy a day at the beach with high temps of only 78 or 79 degrees??? What's up with that? I TOLD you people it's been cold!!!!

(Sorry, I really couldn't resist...)