Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-16-2022, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default How often do you wear makeup?

I have worked from home for years and don't normally put on makeup most days although I will put some on to go out to dinner or for social events.

And, when I was on lots of video conferences when the pandemic started, I often put on some makeup but now I rarely even do for those.

What about you? Are you one of those people who don't feel dressed without makeup? Only wear it on special occasions? Or somewhere in between?
Old 03-16-2022, 04:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I rarely wear it - if I'm going out, I put a little foundation on, some gloss and lipstick. Easy peasy.

Old 03-16-2022, 05:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I love makeup, but I rarely wear it. For one, I work a physical, male-dominated job that controls how I look through lots of military regs. So I don't wear it at work other than powder foundation and a quick dusting of blush. I also wear contacts so too much eye makeup is irritating. But when I go out, I love to wear makeup and do it up. I own tons of it. lol
Old 03-16-2022, 06:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never wear it. It all makes my skin feel itchy.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

hardly ever unless i'm going out somewhere (which is also hardly ever) i have really bad skin so i use concealer/foundation when i'm out and that's basically the only reason why. One positive with masks was being able to go in the store and having my acne covered up in my worst spots lol :/
Old 03-16-2022, 07:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Every day, whether I go out or not.

Growing up, I never saw my mom without makeup. So it’s kind of engrained in me to wear it. I don’t feel like myself with my red, splotchy face!
Old 03-16-2022, 07:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wear it every day, whether I'm going out or not. I just don't feel like myself unless I'm fixed for the day. My mom and grandmother were the same way.

Old 03-16-2022, 07:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Almost never! I wear it for special occasions and when I know I'll be in a lot of photos. I'm a preschool teacher, so I don't feel the need to wear it at work.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:59 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I wear makeup daily. I have flaky red skin with splotches sometimes so I spend time covering it up! LOL

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

If I'm not leaving the house I don't bother. If I'm going out somewhere then I'll do a tinted moisturizer on my face with some concealer for my under-eye area. I'll wear mascara if I'm doing something nicer, like meeting a friend for lunch or something. Full eye-makeup only if we're "going out" somewhere. That's fairly rare, as most of the time when we socialize, we're at a friend's house (in which case I usually only do mascara.) I live in my Burt's Bees lip balm, but occasionally I'll wear actual lipstick or lip gloss. Then I feel purty.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

haha - so rare that when I do, my son asks who died? haha... the only time I wear make up is when I really dress up which is going to a funeral or having family photos.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wear eyeliner and mascara, but not much else except on special occasions.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I work from home so I don't wear makeup during the week unless it's for some kind of special event or occasion.

I love to dress up for church and when my boyfriend and I are going out on a date so that's when all of the makeup comes out and goes on my face.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't wear it very often. I am allergic to adhesives and I have found that I have a bad reaction to anything that says "long lasting" on it, especially lipstick as in I can't breathe. I never really thought much about adhesives being in makeup, but then I guess something has to make it stay on, right?

Last time I wore any was at my son's wedding and that was very minimal and I got it off as soon as I could.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never been a big makeup wearer. When we were in the office, I threw on some eyeliner, a little eye shadow, mascara and a light foundation and maybe some blush. Since Covid, mascara (and maybe some concealer) is my go to for leaving the house and I think I've put eye shadow on maybe 10 times. I have a bunch of makeup laying around but no need or motivation to use it.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:26 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I wore it every day during my 20's to early 50's. Foundation, eye shadow, mascara, everything. Then I slowly started just wearing foundation. Then I got to the point that I never put it on for work. Who am I kidding... I started in my teens and was very upset when my luggage with my makeup got lost coming home for Florida in 1974! The horror of having to go to school without makeup the next day! A friend brought her makeup to school and I put some on before school started. LOL

These days, I might wear foundation if I'm going out to a special event. But for the most part, I am way past the point of wearing makeup. A touch of lipstick also but it never lasts long and I'm not one to always keep applying it.

I wore mineral based makeup for years. It got harder and harder to get it on so it didn't look flaky. I don't like the heaviness of cream or liquid makeup and it bothers me after a couple of hours. And, it got to the point that the eye shadows never looked right. For some reason, no matter how much I tried the makeup would not show up on one eyelid no matter how much I put on. Left eyelid was always good. Right eyelid wasn't. So having 2 eyes that looked different.... not cool!

Not to mention that I wear glasses. I can see without them but not good enough to put on eye makeup and mascara.

I've actually been thinking that it might be time to clean out the makeup drawer since I haven't worn it in years. I do have one liquid foundation that I can wear if needed.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:01 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I wear mascara almost every day because otherwise you can't see my eyelashes. Lol. I cannot wear foundation as it makes my face itchy, so on work days, I'll use a little powder and blush. I don't even really know how to do eye shadow very well. I only attempt that for weddings.
Old 03-17-2022, 12:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I started in my teens and was very upset when my luggage with my makeup got lost coming home for Florida in 1974! The horror of having to go to school without makeup the next day!
This reminded me of when I was a teen and visiting my dad for the weekend. He wouldn't let me wear hairspray because he didn't like the smell. Can you imagine an 80's teen girl without hairspray??? Talk about the horror!!!
Old 03-17-2022, 12:23 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Even though I work from home most days, I'm also on Zoom throughout the day, so I always have on make-up. Zoom is not kind to aging skin.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I wore it every day during my 20's to early 50's. Foundation, eye shadow, mascara, everything. Then I slowly started just wearing foundation. Then I got to the point that I never put it on for work. Who am I kidding... I started in my teens and was very upset when my luggage with my makeup got lost coming home for Florida in 1974! The horror of having to go to school without makeup the next day! A friend brought her makeup to school and I put some on before school started. LOL

These days, I might wear foundation if I'm going out to a special event. But for the most part, I am way past the point of wearing makeup. A touch of lipstick also but it never lasts long and I'm not one to always keep applying it.

I wore mineral based makeup for years. It got harder and harder to get it on so it didn't look flaky. I don't like the heaviness of cream or liquid makeup and it bothers me after a couple of hours. And, it got to the point that the eye shadows never looked right. For some reason, no matter how much I tried the makeup would not show up on one eyelid no matter how much I put on. Left eyelid was always good. Right eyelid wasn't. So having 2 eyes that looked different.... not cool!

Not to mention that I wear glasses. I can see without them but not good enough to put on eye makeup and mascara.

I've actually been thinking that it might be time to clean out the makeup drawer since I haven't worn it in years. I do have one liquid foundation that I can wear if needed.
I am 55 and have recently started wearing makeup less and less. Part of it is the pandemic and that I never go anywhere but also I think I've come the realization that no one cares what I look like! I can't decide if no one EVER cared what I looked like (after the teen and dating years, at least) or if you just hit a certain age where people are like -- oh, she's old so it's irrelevant.

I did purge a LOT of makeup recently. But I also found a mineral makeup that I like a lot for my "older" skin that I don't think looks flakey -- the Laura Geller Baked foundation.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When I was in my 20s and 30s, I wore makeup every day to work and just about any time I left my apartment. I wore foundation, powder, blush, eye shadow, concealer, mascara and undereye liner. I think it used to take me at least 30 minutes to apply it. After I got married, little by little I started using less and less. Now, I wear concealer, powder, blush, and brow powder. I like mascara, but it's starting to not like me; I need to try hypoallergenic. I wear makeup every day to work.

Back in the late 80s, I worked with a lady who had been married about 7 or 8 years. She said her husband had NEVER seen her without makeup. She would take it off after he went to sleep and then she would wake up and put it on before he woke up. I was shocked. I guess she was very insecure about how she looked without it. How sad. I told myself that I wouldn't marry someone without them seeing the real me and vice versa.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:48 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I am 55 and have recently started wearing makeup less and less. Part of it is the pandemic and that I never go anywhere but also I think I've come the realization that no one cares what I look like! I can't decide if no one EVER cared what I looked like (after the teen and dating years, at least) or if you just hit a certain age where people are like -- oh, she's old so it's irrelevant.

I did purge a LOT of makeup recently. But I also found a mineral makeup that I like a lot for my "older" skin that I don't think looks flakey -- the Laura Geller Baked foundation.
Yeah, I'm 66 and if people don't like how I look without makeup, too bad. I always wore Bare Minerals and 8 years ago switched to Youngevity mineral makeup. Youngevity didn't itch and Bare Minerals had always made me itch.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to wear it on occasion but now I wear it everyday even just to drop the kid off at school and come home. I had surgery a few weeks ago and I still wore makeup...something about age and my face changing...I prefer a full face...foundation, powder, highlighter, bronzer, mascara, eyeshadow etc...
Old 03-19-2022, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Makeup is my second creative outlet (after scrapping), so I put it on all the time.... I don't always wear it long, but I do enjoy using my own face as a canvas for creative outlet. With that said, I'm a homebody and don't wear it much on the daily, unless I leave the house... if i'm going out where the people are I have to 'look my best' because that's when I feel my best. During the pandemic I got away with only doing my brows and maybe a little mascara (with a mask covering half my face and only leaving the car for 1 store for 10 minutes I never saw much point in doing more than that). I just realized with all restrictions finally being lifted on Monday I'm gonna have to put effort back into being me again. lol
Old 03-19-2022, 01:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a very uneven skin tone with naturally dark circles under my eyes and I'm on video calls all day for work, so I wear it on most week days. I will also apply it before leaving the house. My make up routine is about 2 minutes, so it's not a huge time commitment
Old 03-21-2022, 08:43 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

On a daily basis I usually just wear mascara, sometimes eye liner... if going out to dinner maybe some lip gloss.... In high school and college i used to wear it all.... but then after being a stay at home mom I guess i just decided I didn't need all that. Some days (like today) I have nothing on.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-21-2022, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When I was younger I wore it a lot more. I never wear much besides mascara on a daily basis and especially to work- we've always been covered with a mask & glasses, so I've never really seen the point of that. Now I will put a full face (foundation, full eye, etc) on maybe once a week or two. My kids do always ask "where are you going" or "what are we doing" when I do since it's rare enough! I do LOVE make up tho and have tons & have been having fun teaching my 14 yr old daughter how to use it!
Old 03-21-2022, 12:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Every weekday. I don't usually wear makeup on Saturday or Sunday unless I'm going somewhere nice. Otherwise, I'm usually in a hat because I don't want to do my hair either. Haha

Old 03-21-2022, 05:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
My kids do always ask "where are you going" or "what are we doing" when I do since it's rare enough!
My daughter asked me the other day where I was going because I put on joggers... as opposed to the jammie pants I'm usually wearing when I'm at home. Pretty sad!
Old 03-22-2022, 03:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I rarely wear makeup, but about 10 years ago, I was in a picture with a friend who always wore makeup. I looked like a corpse, lol. So now I try to remember to at least put on some lipstick/gloss if I might be in a photo with someone who might be wearing makeup, haha.
Old 03-22-2022, 10:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
My daughter asked me the other day where I was going because I put on joggers... as opposed to the jammie pants I'm usually wearing when I'm at home. Pretty sad!
Oh man, this made me laugh out loud. This is SO ME!
Old 03-24-2022, 05:17 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I used to be a daily makeup person, but a year ago we moved to a hot tropical climate in Cameroon and just the thought of having foundation on my face makes me sweat! It's SO hot here and has been a challenge adjusting to. I do put on mascara and some lipstick or gloss when going to church, but other than that...nothing! I never thought I would even go out in public without foundation on, lol!