Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-19-2022, 01:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default What color are the walls in your home?

We talked about what was ON our walls. Now, let's talk about the COLOR of our walls. Are you a one-color in every room or do you like to paint each room a different color?

My whole house has the same wall color - it's a rich, warm light tan. I prefer all-one-color to flow through my whole house. How about you?

Old 09-19-2022, 01:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I grew up in apartments so never got to pick a color of walls. When I bought my house a decade ago, I decided I wanted to paint every room a color. I knew I wanted yellow in my bedroom, gray in my great room, and blue in my son's room. I grabbed lots of shades of those to pick and ended up liking so many of them that my whole house has shades of those colors. I think it flows well that way. The family room got a creamy yellow, the spare bedroom got true gray, the gray in the great room has heavy blue undertones and the one in the main bathroom has light blue undertones. My laundry room is teal, our office is sunshine yellow, and my son's room is slate blue. The main bedroom is a golden yellow and my son's bathroom is true white (I do wish I had done a cream color in there though, it's harsher than I thought it would be). The ceilings are a bright, clean white that I love.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:56 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Kitchen/dining room is Sherwin-Williams Dill (green). My bedroom is SW Celestial (blue). Guest bedroom is SW Demure (mauve). Office (formerly bedroom) is SW Bagel (light brown). Bathroom is SW Sandbar (almost beige).

Living room/foyer/hallway is the wallpaper Mom put up in the mid-80's. It is beige with a pattern design in a light brown. It is very subtle and from a distance almost looks like a plain wall color.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I grew up in apartments so never got to pick a color of walls. When I bought my house a decade ago, I decided I wanted to paint every room a color. I knew I wanted yellow in my bedroom, gray in my great room, and blue in my son's room. I grabbed lots of shades of those to pick and ended up liking so many of them that my whole house has shades of those colors. I think it flows well that way. The family room got a creamy yellow, the spare bedroom got true gray, the gray in the great room has heavy blue undertones and the one in the main bathroom has light blue undertones. My laundry room is teal, our office is sunshine yellow, and my son's room is slate blue. The main bedroom is a golden yellow and my son's bathroom is true white (I do wish I had done a cream color in there though, it's harsher than I thought it would be). The ceilings are a bright, clean white that I love.
Your colors sound lovely and so compatible. I'm sure after growing up with all white walls, it was so much fun to paint. I grew up in rental homes too and we couldn't do much to them either.

Old 09-19-2022, 03:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Kitchen/dining room is Sherwin-Williams Dill (green). My bedroom is SW Celestial (blue). Guest bedroom is SW Demure (mauve). Office (formerly bedroom) is SW Bagel (light brown). Bathroom is SW Sandbar (almost beige).

Living room/foyer/hallway is the wallpaper Mom put up in the mid-80's. It is beige with a pattern design in a light brown. It is very subtle and from a distance almost looks like a plain wall color.
Sounds very pretty - I love the color name "dill green". I also love wallpaper, but haven't had it for a long time. My DD loves it!

Old 09-19-2022, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I desperately need to paint. We have only painted the kids bath, halfbath, Little C's room and gameroom. Our main living room has 14 ft ceilings so yeah...
Baths are a bluish gray, Little C's is a tan/brown
Gameroom is what we want to paint the main areas and that is a gray called Hot Stone from Gliden
Old 09-19-2022, 07:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
Our main living room has 14 ft ceilings so yeah...
n
I have crazy high vaulted ceilings in my great room, too. I paid someone to paint it and while he was at it, I just had him do the rest of the house, too. The vaulted ceiling alone took him an entire day.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:22 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Our living room is white and both bedrooms are bluish light gray, all with white ceilings. The bathroom and kitchen are fully tiled, so no paint involved. We have a small apartment to live with, so it was suggested to have white and not much color to not overcrowd it.
Old 09-20-2022, 04:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Most of them are almond white - a light off white, slightly grey colour.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I desperately need to paint. We have only painted the kids bath, halfbath, Little C's room and gameroom. Our main living room has 14 ft ceilings so yeah...
Baths are a bluish gray, Little C's is a tan/brown
Gameroom is what we want to paint the main areas and that is a gray called Hot Stone from Gliden
Oh, those soaring ceilings! Good luck with that - that's out of my comfort zone. LOL Your gameroom color sounds beautiul!

Old 09-20-2022, 03:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I have crazy high vaulted ceilings in my great room, too. I paid someone to paint it and while he was at it, I just had him do the rest of the house, too. The vaulted ceiling alone took him an entire day.
I couldn't do the vaulted ceilings, either - anything higher than a "normal ladder" is out of my pay grade. LOL I had to hire somebody to paint ours, too. No scaffoldings for me.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Our living room is white and both bedrooms are bluish light gray, all with white ceilings. The bathroom and kitchen are fully tiled, so no paint involved. We have a small apartment to live with, so it was suggested to have white and not much color to not overcrowd it.
That's a good idea about the color to make your space seem bigger. Our home now isn't real big, so I went with light tan all over. I agree - that makes things more spacious.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Most of them are almond white - a light off white, slightly grey colour.
Sounds so pretty and soothing, Stefanie.

Old 09-20-2022, 06:25 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Our home is mostly ivory with a few rooms in camel. Above the cabinets in the kitchen is black (which sounds weird but looks amazing with black countertops and a black island.)
I'd love to finish painting the rest in the camel color, but haven't found the time.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We like lots of colors! Our main level has no doors between rooms, so we have to do coordinated colors. On that level our colors are tan, red, black, white, and blue. (The blue sounds out of place when I list them, but it doesn't look that way!) Kitchen is a warm white, dining room is red, living room is a muted blue, and family room is tan. The colors on the walls in each room are echoed in the accents and furniture in the other rooms, so it all works together.

Upstairs everyone chose their own bedroom color. My oldest's is blue, middle son is gray, youngest is purple, and DH and I are tan. Two of our bathrooms are gray, and the other is in desparate need of being remodeled. That one has ugly wallpaper that was here when we moved in, but it always gets pushed to the bottom of the priority list.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahorton View Post
Our home is mostly ivory with a few rooms in camel. Above the cabinets in the kitchen is black (which sounds weird but looks amazing with black countertops and a black island.)
I'd love to finish painting the rest in the camel color, but haven't found the time.
Ohhhhh, this sounds yummy!! I personally love black, so it doesn't sound weird at all to me. I'll bet it's gorgeous!!

Old 09-21-2022, 12:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
We like lots of colors! Our main level has no doors between rooms, so we have to do coordinated colors. On that level our colors are tan, red, black, white, and blue. (The blue sounds out of place when I list them, but it doesn't look that way!) Kitchen is a warm white, dining room is red, living room is a muted blue, and family room is tan. The colors on the walls in each room are echoed in the accents and furniture in the other rooms, so it all works together.

Upstairs everyone chose their own bedroom color. My oldest's is blue, middle son is gray, youngest is purple, and DH and I are tan. Two of our bathrooms are gray, and the other is in desparate need of being remodeled. That one has ugly wallpaper that was here when we moved in, but it always gets pushed to the bottom of the priority list.
Sounds beautiful! I know what you mean about "no walls" - I've used color, in the past, to define separate spaces. I used to let my kids pick their own paint colors when they were young. My youngest DD picked mustard once. It was so pretty and we did hot ait balloon wallpaper border.

Wallpaper is a real job to remove - I've done that, too. We moved into a house that had horrid wallpaper in the dining room. I finally got motivated to take it off. What a mess that was!!

Old 09-21-2022, 08:32 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am in the midst of redoing things, so not all of the rooms are the colors I want them to be yet, but the ones that are done are in the blue, yellow and greige. Most of the walls are a greige color, because I like a neutral on the walls so that I can change things up pretty easily.

My bedroom has walls that lean towards the beige more than the gray, with lots of navy blue, white and touches of tan.

The guest bath has grey and white accents, with some touches of black. I kept it pretty neutral since it is the guest bathroom, but I am seriously thinking of redoing it with a Disney theme.

The family room is grey, white and black with pops of yellow and the last completed room is the guest room which is yellow with touches of gray and white.

Blue and yellow are my favorite colors, so I love to have them around me. It takes me a while to decorate a room because I have to know what I want and until I do, I ponder things. LOL
Old 09-21-2022, 10:39 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Your colors sound delicious1 I forgot how much I love navy blue and tan! Your other colors sound lovely, too. It takes me forever to pick paint colors, too. It takes me forever to find exactly what I want - decor wise. It's a big commitment - especially paint and a big expense. You want to get it right. A Disney theme would be so cute in your bathroom!

Old 09-21-2022, 11:26 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahorton View Post
I also have black in my kitchen. All of my appliances are black. As is my table and chairs. I chose those because of the large black wrought iron clock that was going on the dill green colored wall. The cabinets are a lighter wood color (Waypoint Maple Spice). I did stay away from black on the counters and back splash because I thought that would be too much darkness. So I've got ivory which lightens up the room.

I just love the look of the dark green and black. Yeah, I'm weird.
Old 09-21-2022, 02:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I also have black in my kitchen. All of my appliances are black. As is my table and chairs. I chose those because of the large black wrought iron clock that was going on the dill green colored wall. The cabinets are a lighter wood color (Waypoint Maple Spice). I did stay away from black on the counters and back splash because I thought that would be too much darkness. So I've got ivory which lightens up the room.

I just love the look of the dark green and black. Yeah, I'm weird.
I love black, too! I talked my DD into getting a black sink and toilet in one of the houses they built. I thought it was beautiful but she said it was hard to keep clean. LOL

Old 09-21-2022, 03:17 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Sink is stainless. Honestly, all sinks are hard to keep clean.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My house now is mainly a warm tan. At our old house though, we lots of color! When my oldest was born, I picked the crib set and then painted 2 walls a soft blue/purple and 2 a soft yellow that coordinated with that. My youngest's room was blue and green to match his crib set. I painted the walls of our staircase a warm tan but painted the whole thing with flat paint and the painted wide strips of the same color in a semi-satin. I really loved that look!
Old 09-22-2022, 06:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Sink is stainless. Honestly, all sinks are hard to keep clean.

Old 09-22-2022, 06:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sounds really pretty!

Old 09-23-2022, 12:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
Wallpaper is a real job to remove - I've done that, too. We moved into a house that had horrid wallpaper in the dining room. I finally got motivated to take it off. What a mess that was!!
I'll paint, but I'm not brave enough to mess with wallpaper! We had another wallpapered bathroom renovated, and the contractor told us the removal would be so time consuming that it would be cheaper for us to have them take the walls down to the studs and hang new drywall.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:01 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'll paint, but I'm not brave enough to mess with wallpaper! We had another wallpapered bathroom renovated, and the contractor told us the removal would be so time consuming that it would be cheaper for us to have them take the walls down to the studs and hang new drywall.
I painted over the wallpaper that was in the bathroom. I didn't want to mess with taking it off of the plaster walls. Also when I had the kitchen/dining area remodeled, there was one wall with wallpaper. It was just painted over, no removal. That is another reason I haven't done anything to the living room and hallway walls... wallpaper on plaster. At this time I couldn't physically do it myself so I would have to hire someone to do it. Another reason nothing has been done since there were other areas that were higher on the priority list.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Wallpaper is the worst. We moved into a house once where the previous owner had wallpapered every room AND added a border and even covered the wells in the cabinet doors. On plaster walls. With hideous huge floral prints. It took a long time to get that all off.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When we built this house about 10 years ago- it was painted ALL (all walls and ceilings) a khaki beige color. While I liked it at the time, it has made the rooms appear darker than they are even with big windows to let in natural light. Just this year it was due for a refresh so I went with the color we had the basement painted when we finished that a few years ago- it's called Silver Cloud & it's an almost white gray. We have all dark wood trim & floors & the contrast looks so good! During Spring Break, I painted our upstairs playroom, the hallways & the stairway (holy heck that was HARD!) along with all the ceilings in those rooms too. We've done the bedrooms different colors over the years, so I left those rooms the way they were. My daughter's room is a light teal & medium gray, son's room is dark navy & dark gray, the spare room was my son's baby nursery, so it has blue chevrons I painted as an accent wall & a couple blue walls with the khaki, and our master is a super pretty greenish blue accent wall (I stenciled a diamond pattern with high gloss over the flat paint- so pretty!) with the builder khaki. Then during a week in Summer break, I did our main living floor- the living room, kitchen, dining area, hallway, mudroom, bathroom & office as well as ALL the ceilings. LET me just say this- I will never do all of that again. We will sell & move before I paint this entire house again! lol I did get quotes to have it done professionally, but it was SO expensive! I'm just too cheap & knew I could do it myself for less!

Link to album with pics (since we painted, we also redid our kitchen backsplash too!)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/i9XMGrZarbR4Qt2WA
Old 09-23-2022, 03:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Ohhhhh, it's a huge undertaking - very time consuming. It took us forever to get that paper off the walls - it was stuck like there was no tomorrow. LOL I actually know a few people who love to hang wallpaper - I tried to hang it once and had it wrapped around my body.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
When we built this house about 10 years ago- it was painted ALL (all walls and ceilings) a khaki beige color. While I liked it at the time, it has made the rooms appear darker than they are even with big windows to let in natural light. Just this year it was due for a refresh so I went with the color we had the basement painted when we finished that a few years ago- it's called Silver Cloud & it's an almost white gray. We have all dark wood trim & floors & the contrast looks so good! During Spring Break, I painted our upstairs playroom, the hallways & the stairway (holy heck that was HARD!) along with all the ceilings in those rooms too. We've done the bedrooms different colors over the years, so I left those rooms the way they were. My daughter's room is a light teal & medium gray, son's room is dark navy & dark gray, the spare room was my son's baby nursery, so it has blue chevrons I painted as an accent wall & a couple blue walls with the khaki, and our master is a super pretty greenish blue accent wall (I stenciled a diamond pattern with high gloss over the flat paint- so pretty!) with the builder khaki. Then during a week in Summer break, I did our main living floor- the living room, kitchen, dining area, hallway, mudroom, bathroom & office as well as ALL the ceilings. LET me just say this- I will never do all of that again. We will sell & move before I paint this entire house again! lol I did get quotes to have it done professionally, but it was SO expensive! I'm just too cheap & knew I could do it myself for less!

Link to album with pics (since we painted, we also redid our kitchen backsplash too!)
Your home is gorgeous, Amien!! Thanks for the link to your album - I loved looking at it. I love everything you did and your before after pictures - love your kitchen redo.

I've painted some crazy things in my day too - I had to laugh about your comment - "how were you going to paint that" I always figured out a way, too.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Love the diamond pattern! It's such an awesome technique to mix the finishes! I love the mixed colors in the bedrooms, too. It just adds so much visual interest!
Old 06-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Just white
Old 06-03-2023, 09:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJames View Post
Just white
Since this is your first post, Welcome! White sounds so easy until you are trying to match it. Then and only then do you find out how many "whites" there really are. LOL
Old 06-04-2023, 02:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have rust red, burnt orange and brown walls in my house.
Old 06-04-2023, 06:23 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherylny View Post
We talked about what was ON our walls. Like manufacturer of aluminum windows in Europe Now, let's talk about the COLOR of our walls. Are you a one-color in every room or do you like to paint each room a different color?

My whole house has the same wall color - it's a rich, warm light tan. I prefer all-one-color to flow through my whole house. How about you?
For me, it's all about finding the right balance. While I appreciate the unity of one color throughout, I also enjoy adding pops of different colors in specific rooms. It allows me to highlight certain areas or create focal points. Whether it's an accent wall or a contrasting color scheme, I like to infuse a touch of variety while maintaining overall harmony in my home.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

When we moved in, the house walls were a pink undertoned cream - I've been wanting to change that to a more true white - trim and moulding everywhere is white. My kitchen/family room is a beautiful mustard shade that really warms it up in winter and the cupboards are all white - also all white in the bathrooms. I painted my husbands office red. Two coats wasn't going to do it so I added glaze to slightly darker red and painted on, and immediately hit it with scrunch saran wrap - the effect really worked. Our bedroom has a chair rail and above and below are two pretty cozy shades of chocolate brown; our spare bedroom has a clay color on the walls and is decorated with many southwest artifacts, my daughter has a pretty and bright lime green on her walls but not so bright that it's icky, and my office/craft space has gorgeous aqua walls. So I decorate like I design - in a kaleidoscope of color.

Last edited by TraceyM; 06-05-2023 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wow - I really love how your bedroom wall looks - it is subtle and classy looking!

Quote:
...our master is a super pretty greenish blue accent wall (I stenciled a diamond pattern with high gloss over the flat paint- so pretty!) with the builder khaki.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:37 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I painted my walls in different colors. The hallway, the living room and my foster daughter's former children's room are painted in apricot. The kitchen in a light royal blue, the bathroom in light blue and my bedroom is painted in my favorite color purple.
Old 06-05-2023, 07:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Off white. We finished building our house last year & wanted bright, light & airy after living in a house with internal bricked walls & dark wooden floors for almost 30 years. I absolutely love how bright it is, after 30 years of darkness. I would love to add colour in rooms with feature walls or wallpaper as well. I add colour in rooms with accessories & decor.

Old 06-06-2023, 12:30 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
Off white. We finished building our house last year & wanted bright, light & airy after living in a house with internal bricked walls & dark wooden floors for almost 30 years. I absolutely love how bright it is, after 30 years of darkness. I would love to add colour in rooms with feature walls or wallpaper as well. I add colour in rooms with accessories & decor.

You have a gorgeous home, Megs.