Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2023, 11:37 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday the 13th

With it being Friday the 13th...

Do you decorate for Halloween?
Does your street go all out?
Does your neighborhood get a lot of Trick or Treaters?
Does your town host spooky events like Trunk or Treats or haunted houses?
Do you dress up?
Do your Kids dress up? Do they prefer hand made or store bought costumes?
Old 10-13-2023, 11:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you decorate for Halloween? Not really
Does your street go all out? There are a few homes that do
Does your neighborhood get a lot of Trick or Treaters? Not any more. Our neighborhood is aging out pretty quickly. All of the kids are older now.
Does your town host spooky events like Trunk or Treats or haunted houses? Churches maybe? I don't belong to one so I'm not sure.
Do you dress up? Nah
Do your Kids dress up? Do they prefer hand made or store bought costumes? Not anymore.

How depressing...I shouldn't have been the first responder.

Old 10-13-2023, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you decorate for Halloween? Yes, not as much this year as other years, though.
Does your street go all out? No, we live in the country mostly surrounded by farms and they do not decorate for Halloween.
Does your neighborhood get a lot of Trick or Treaters? None! When we took our kids, we had to drive into the nearby town which is only a few minutes away so they could trick or treat with friends and they always got tons of candy. My kids are 13, 16, and 19, so no more trick-or-treating for us.
Does your town host spooky events like Trunk or Treats or haunted houses?Lots of local churches have Trunk or Treats.
Do you dress up?? No, not since my kids were little.
Do your Kids dress up? They used to, but now are too old. Do they prefer hand made or store bought costumes? My daughter made a few of her own costumes in the past.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you decorate for Halloween? I have a door hanger that's appropriate for both Halloween or Autumn but that's about it for decorations.
Does your street go all out? There are a few houses that go all out.
Does your neighborhood get a lot of Trick or Treaters? I live in a rural area so any trick or treater that we get are driven from house to house. It's dark here with no street lights so not really safe.
Does your town host spooky events like Trunk or Treats or haunted houses? Oh yes, there are a few town events but I haven't gone to any.
Do you dress up? No, I'm scary enough without a costume, lol
Do your Kids dress up? Do they prefer hand made or store bought costumes? My grandkids go all out and if they have several events, they'll dress differently for each one. They have store bought costumes.

Old 10-13-2023, 12:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Do you decorate for Halloween? I did when our daughter was young but really only inside the house and it was add-ons to our fall decor.
Does your street go all out? Nope
Does your neighborhood get a lot of Trick or Treaters?Our street is a bit isolated from much of the neighborhood by a big hill so we actually get very few.
Does your town host spooky events like Trunk or Treats or haunted houses?Yes, and one guy even puts up the coolest gravestones - like a hundred or more and they have funny things said about people who have died - like celebrities and stuff. A number of haunted house events around the city.
Do you dress up?no
Do your Kids dress up? Do they prefer hand made or store bought costumes?My daughter dressed up when she was younger. Store bought often had a home-made addition. The best costume was a giant felt owl I made her and she wore it two years in a row.

Old 10-13-2023, 01:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you decorate for Halloween? Not really- more just fall- I have a cute fall pillow that goes on our front porch bench and then sometimes some other fall decor. We do usually carve pumpkins and those go out there too. I'm more of the "get halloween/thanksgiving over so we can decorate for Christmas" type of gal!

Does your street go all out? A lot of our neighbors/kids are older now so not really. Usually a house or two will have the inflatables & other crazy things for halloween out but not the norm.

Does your neighborhood get a lot of Trick or Treaters?
We get maybe 20-30. We are in a gated community- so it's just neighbor kids and their friends usually.

Does your town host spooky events like Trunk or Treats or haunted houses?
I believe so- but again, my kids are older so we don't do much of that anymore

Do you dress up?
When the kids were in elementary & I volunteered at their classroom parties, I would. I don't really anymore unless we are going to an adult party or something.

Do your Kids dress up? Do they prefer hand made or store bought costumes?
They are the age now where they throw something together to count as a costume for school or maybe trick or treating the neighbors that we know. Last year my son just wore his hockey jersey/helmet & my daughter was a "bro" lol
Old 10-13-2023, 06:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you decorate for Halloween? YES!!! I do the front yard, the living room, the kitchen has some, the bathroom and we've been doing a haunted woods since 2020. We moved it to Harper's birthday party this year since Halloween in during the week this year, I was actually out there tonight working on the decorations, the party is tomorrow.
Does your street go all out? Not really, just a few houses
Does your neighborhood get a lot of Trick or Treaters? No, probably 25, just the kids that live over here, I think most people don't know our neighborhood is here.
Does your town host spooky events like Trunk or Treats or haunted houses? Tons of trunk or treats, fall festivals.
Do you dress up? Yes, if they want to trick or treat they do. Our daughter trick or treated through her senior year of high school. My oldest son is in 10th grade and he's trick or treating, he just got a mask, but that's still a costume.
Do your Kids dress up? Do they prefer hand made or store bought costumes? I don't make costumes, LOL! We have done a couple homemade, Keira was a cat one year, Harper was frankenstein's monster when he was a newborn, and I crocheted his hat, and we all did a family minion costume, but that's the extent of it.
Old 10-14-2023, 12:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Do you decorate for Halloween? No, it often snows here before Halloween and for sure has some freezes, I hate to have it all frozen down before winter and inside seasonal decorations just take too long.
Does your street go all out? No
Does your neighborhood get a lot of Trick or Treaters? It used to. When I first moved here it was crazy, just constant. It's slowly been getting less each year.
Does your town host spooky events like Trunk or Treats or haunted houses? Yep
Do you dress up? No, but i would love to do a big party one year
Do your Kids dress up? Do they prefer hand made or store bought costumes? Yes, he used to, He has sort of the last couple years. He loved it. We did a mixture of store bought and things i pieced together.