Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Bummed about my weight...

Ok i'm feeling blah because not impressed that i'm up to 170 now. was stable at 165 for a good 6 months, Now I really want to shave off the lbs. I was wondering have you tried daily burn or something like that? i want to find a way to exercise at home. Is there a fav website you go to, or a book you like on weight loss? any other tips?? Thanks i just feel bummed over this

(My fitbit broke.plan to buy a new one when budget allows)

Old 04-03-2015, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have used DailyBurn and Fitnessblender for at home workouts. They both have plenty of workouts to choose from. Fitnessblender is free so maybe you can start out with that and see how you do. I have a subscription to DailyBurn and I hardly ever use it. I would much rather workout away from the home though.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you have Amazon Prime, there's videos you can watch (online) too. A lot of Jillian Michaels are available for free for Prime members. Fitness Blender was nice but I've also learned that I like to workout away from the home. My cousin has a site that sends out daily workouts & dinner meals. They're not videos but they could still work.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just walk. Walk a LOT. From about May - Oct I walk about 3-4 miles a day.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ok thank you! checking out Fitnessblender and will look Jillian Michels on my Amazon prime.

Valgal- walking is my form of exercise but need something else to help since I gained, I think Easter candy is the culprit since I been eating that alot the last 2 weeks. I go to the store weekly to get my walking in etc. but my friend who's a nurse said I was breathing hard when I just walked in the house from the car. so that had me concerned. Then Sunday, I found that my knee could't take any pressure, and I looked at it, sure enough my leg is swollen from my knee to ankle.

Sorry for the long post, just needed to vent, frustrated that i got to this point. Ok now i'm gonna do some retail thearpy in the Shoppe Again. thanks

Old 04-03-2015, 07:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

First off, don't be too hard on yourself! Weight fluctuates. Have you recently changed your activity level or eating habits? The key to weight loss/maintenance is portion control. Exercise helps too, but the biggest contributor to weight gain is excess calories. Apps are good for helping you tally what you're eating and holding yourself accountable, but they are only as good as the information entered into them. The worst part is that aging definitely diminishes your metabolism, so it gets harder I bought an elliptical a few years ago that I use at home. I also try to mix it up with other activities I can do with my family.

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Since you mentioned books on weight loss, I thought I'd put a plug in for Trim Healthy Mama. Great book that teaches a different way of eating to help you lose weight and maintain overall health. The basic premise of the book is separating fuel types. Your body can burn fat and your body can burn carbs, but your body cannot burn both at the same time. If you separate your fuels your body has a chance to burn what you are consuming rather than storing it. It also goes into good carbs and good fats vs. those bad ones (like bad carbs - say white potatoes or most breads - that spike your blood sugar levels).

Anyway, I've been researching this diet since October. I bought and read the book and just really got started on plan this past Monday. Since Monday I'm down 14 pounds. Freakin' crazy! I have not been hungry for a minute. My family is enjoying eating the same things I am eating also, so no separate meals. I have not been drinking any more water than usual or exercising. I am definitely less bloated than I was and my jeans fit looser. I have a lot of weight left to lose but I am very optimistic. At least now I am back to where I was before my hysterectomy in October. I was so frustrated that I had gained after the surgery.