Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default LeapPad = Toddler Crack

We finally were able to snag a LeapPad from Wal-Mart. These toys are still going like hot cakes here. My son is in heaven. He's been waiting since Christmas for it and for a four year old that's a long wait for a present. He's been playing on it non-stop since I got it set up five hours ago. We usually don't let him play games for this long but how can I say no to him learning? He loves the spelling bee game and is getting really really good at it. He just walks out here and goes "Cat. C-A-T. Cat." and walks back into his room. Okay then. lol.

I was worried that there wouldn't be enough games to keep him occupied but I was wrong about that.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep...I think you'll get your money out of that gift! My son is 6 and got one for Christmas -- and he totally loves it! We have only bought a few games and apps and he has been content with it ever since!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My DD (now 9) was in love with the earlier version of the Leapster when she was younger. Anytime I needed to get shopping done or a we had a long time I'd bring it along. It is like crack for kids!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think we'll probably get one for DS for his 6th birthday in March. He's had a Leapster2 for years and loves it. I think he's ready to move on because there are no other games that he'd be interested in to buy for it, but he still needs electronics that can take a beating. I need to make sure there are enough things to buy for the LeapPad Explorer that are different than what we have for Leapster, but the one quick look I took seemed like there was.