Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Need to be inspired about fitness?

Just thought I would share with all of you and maybe give you some inspiration.

This is what running, some cross training, weights and such has done for me in the last 14 months. I have logged over 900 miles walking and running, done over 400 workouts and put in over 250 hours working out. I have gone from a size 14 or 16 to a size 6. I have lost 44 lbs. going from my heaviest at 185 to 141. It has been worth EVERY single moment. It was not easy. In fact, it was extremely hard most of the time. I have struggled with my diet, with getting my rear off the couch, with getting enough rest, etc. But, I always started every day with a new can do attitude and gave each day the best I had, one small "right" choice at a time is what brought me here.

I can not even describe to you the happiness and confidence that making this lifestyle change has given me. I love myself as a 38 year old GRANDMOTHER more than I have at any other time in my life. I feel like I am in the prime of my life and feel more sexy than I ever have. I am stronger and healthier than ever. It is awesome to be this comfortable in my own skin.

I truly wish I could touch everyone with a magic wand and give you the same feelings about yourself. Everyone should feel this way. If you are wanting to make a change and live a healthier life, you can. Just one step at a time. Make one better choice today, then two better choices tomorrow. Get up and move, even if only for 30 minutes a few times a week. Keep working, keep pushing, keep challenging yourself to work harder, eat better and be the best you that you can be. All of these little changes add up over time to the goal you want. Look ahead a week or a month at a time. Don't get hung up on how far away the goal seems to be.

Ok....off to shower now. I stink after an hour and 45 min. workout today.

Hugs to all!

Creating for: Krystal Hartley

Last edited by neenee; 09-14-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You look great. Sometimes the hardest thing is just getting out the door, but once I get started I'm always so glad that I did.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned

profile gallery

You look fabulous, my friend! The best part is how much you love WHO you are and how you feel inside. That means the world!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Woohoo look at you, you look amazing!!

I'm struggling now I'm pregnant as I can't do what I used to do, I'm going to try and do more swimming to help!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Fair play to you. You look hotter than a chilli in a frying pan
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You look awesome! Good for you!!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You look amazing!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is exactly what I needed today. Sitting here tossing up whether to work out or not. I so definitely am now. You're an inspiration.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You look hot!!! I needed that today!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

you rock!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

you are amazing NeeNee!!!!! Can you come teach me how to eat healthier and be my work out buddy!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

<3 you are a total inspiration!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did it! You inspired me to get off my butt and go workout.

Now..... do you think you could detail some of the steps you took? Workout routine, nutrition etc? I need all the help I can get.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
you are amazing NeeNee!!!!! Can you come teach me how to eat healthier and be my work out buddy!!!!
I can definitely be your online cheer buddy and check in on you and push you to get moving!

Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You are one hawt mama! Very inspirational!

I thought I'd join in since I've been a work in progress myself. I started my journey (again, btw) in May 2011. I did a couple of rounds of a Biggest Loser type weight loss deal. I lost like 11 lbs during those few months. Nothing to brag about, I thought. Then in October 2011 I entered into a competition at the gym that I am a member of. The winner won a month of free personal training. Well, I lost 15lbs in those 6 weeks and I won! I had my month of training and became rather addicted to it....so I've been paying a trainer ever since. I started my journey in May at 173lbs and I'm now down to 138lbs. It has been quite a journey and a lot of nights at the gym but I feel great about my body and my health. It definitely can be done with the right mindset.

Here are my photos:

And some of my training session:

Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I did it! You inspired me to get off my butt and go workout.

Now..... do you think you could detail some of the steps you took? Workout routine, nutrition etc? I need all the help I can get.
I sure can. I have had lots of people ask me recently so I plan to write something up this weekend that details how I got to where I am today and what I do each day to maintain this level of health and fitness. I will be sure to come here and share it.

And YAY! You deserve major kudos for working out. Sometimes that is all it takes is seeing or reading about someone else's success -whether it's a big milestone or a small one. EVERY single time I see that someone has walked 1/2 a mile or done 10 mins on the elliptical - it inspires me. If they are moving and I am not....well then I think "why I am just sitting here not getting a workout in today?" It makes the guilt set in and I usually snap out of it and get going. I still struggle with motivation all the time. Some weeks not at all and I am gung ho but some weeks I have zero mojo. So, I know exactly how everyone feels in this area. Even though I am fit and love to workout - I still face the same challenges.

Thank you all for your sweet words and praise. I have LOVED sharing my journey with all of my friends here and on Facebook. You all have no idea how much the support has meant to me.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Carrie, you look uh-mazing! Gosh girl - I am so impressed at just how much toner you have gotten in the past few months. You are so inspiring to me and I love seeing your progress. And super proud of you.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Awwww....thanks love! I can definitely relate to you. I know what it feels like to finally be at a place in your life where you are happy with your body.

I was always the chunky one throughout high school and most of my early 20's....then I had babies and it got even worse. I'm the most healthiest now than I've ever been and it feels great!

Old 09-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am working on it right now. I look almost exactly like your before picture right now. I have been running 2-3 times a week since March and thanks to the Couch to 5K program, I know run a sub 30 minutes 5 k every since time. Last week I added 2 strength class at my gym into the routine. I have been watching my food again for the last month, but I need to watch more and be more diligent in adding my calories. I am done not being happy with my body and want to be back to what I used to be again. I love seeing both you and Carrie because it shows I can again.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Adding those strength classes in is a good step in the right direction, Mari. While cardio is really good for you, you need the strength training for the toning. It also burns a lot of calories and you will continue to burn calories after your workout is over.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Carrie, you look fantastic! I am so glad I read this thread. I'm all pumped up and motivated to work out now
Old 09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

WOW!!! You guys look amazing!! I wish I could run, but that is completely out for me. I just really need to get off my hind end and just work out. Thank you for the inspiration ladies!!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Carrie, you look fantastic! I am so glad I read this thread. I'm all pumped up and motivated to work out now
Thanks! You can do it!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Adding those strength classes in is a good step in the right direction, Mari. While cardio is really good for you, you need the strength training for the toning. It also burns a lot of calories and you will continue to burn calories after your workout is over.
Thanks, Carrie! I feel like it is, too. I feel like it will help a lot. In the last month my pants are so much looser again. I let it go for far too long.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Bennett View Post
WOW!!! You guys look amazing!! I wish I could run, but that is completely out for me. I just really need to get off my hind end and just work out. Thank you for the inspiration ladies!!
Thank you!

There are still lots of things you can do if running is out of the question. Do you have access to a pool? Here is a really good article regarding using a pool for your workouts: http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/06/16/w...ant-walk-orun/

Old 09-13-2012, 04:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Thanks, Carrie! I feel like it is, too. I feel like it will help a lot. In the last month my pants are so much looser again. I let it go for far too long.
That's awesome! You should take progress pictures so that once you make it to where you want to be you can look back and see how far you've come.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

wow you girls look great..Carrie I'm super jealous of your BACK..wow fantastic!

I go in spurts..I need to watch my calories again now I'm getting a little soft but i've been working so much due to some financial changes at home that I rarely have time for the gym anymore. I know it's important to take the time for yourself. Neenee I love what you said about making a better choice today..two better choices tomorrow. That is so true. As women it's so easy to get down on yourself and society is partly to blame I think. Also if you don't want to do it for yourself it won't get done...in my struggles thru the years I have to realize you HAVE to WANT to change in order to change

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 09-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You. Rock. Woohoo!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Great job, ladies! That's awesome!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wow, you both look amazing!!! I'm jealous! My biggest struggle is time. We're pretty much limited to the neighborhood and videos/games. I'm lucky to squeeze in 45 min and even then I feel like I'm depriving my family. Mom works all day, we do dinner, some homework and then I'm getting in exercise time, a shower then bed. My husband has been totally supportive but how long is that going to last?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatrout View Post
Fair play to you. You look hotter than a chilli in a frying pan
What Rachel said!!! AWesome Job Neenee! You are an inspiration!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You are TOTALLY inspiring, NeeNee!! WOW!!! I was waffling on a trip to the gym tomorrow but...I think I better go for it! The grocery shopping can wait.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You hot girl!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You ladies are looking awesome!! Way to go!!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I just say that I follow Neenee on Daily Mile and HOLY COW that woman is a workout machine. Every time I log on there and see her workouts and running stats it inspires me to get off the dang computer and do something!!

And Neenee...thanks for being so supportive with all your comments on there too! I love getting motivation from you

Old 09-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow....thank you all so much. I see a huge difference in the pictures but I guess I don't realize how much. When my hubby saw it last night he couldn't stop looking at it and talking about it. He couldn't believe the tremendous difference. Makes me feel so proud that my changes show and show big.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I just say that I follow Neenee on Daily Mile and HOLY COW that woman is a workout machine. Every time I log on there and see her workouts and running stats it inspires me to get off the dang computer and do something!!

And Neenee...thanks for being so supportive with all your comments on there too! I love getting motivation from you
Awwww Tracy, thank you. You too inspire me. The fact that no matter what you find a way to get it done. It shows me that I can find a way to fit in 20 minutes even if I don't think I have the time. It is awesome to have support on Daily Mile. I love that place. And yes....I do work out quite a bit.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitinmn View Post
You are TOTALLY inspiring, NeeNee!! WOW!!! I was waffling on a trip to the gym tomorrow but...I think I better go for it! The grocery shopping can wait.
Do it! Get the workout done and then do your grocery shopping on an endorphin high! No better feeling!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
Wow, you both look amazing!!! I'm jealous! My biggest struggle is time. We're pretty much limited to the neighborhood and videos/games. I'm lucky to squeeze in 45 min and even then I feel like I'm depriving my family. Mom works all day, we do dinner, some homework and then I'm getting in exercise time, a shower then bed. My husband has been totally supportive but how long is that going to last?
There are so many little ways you can break up a good workout to fit something in your day. Jumping jacks or shadow boxing in between TV commercials (as well as crunches, push ups, etc.), I do walking lunges around my house all the time (just say if I am walking to the kitchen from the LR to make a glass of tea), any few minutes you can do something - do it. By the end of the day you should be able to at least get in 30 minutes - hopefully. That's the key word, right? But anything you are doing is better than not doing anything at all.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
wow you girls look great..Carrie I'm super jealous of your BACK..wow fantastic!

I go in spurts..I need to watch my calories again now I'm getting a little soft but i've been working so much due to some financial changes at home that I rarely have time for the gym anymore. I know it's important to take the time for yourself. Neenee I love what you said about making a better choice today..two better choices tomorrow. That is so true. As women it's so easy to get down on yourself and society is partly to blame I think. Also if you don't want to do it for yourself it won't get done...in my struggles thru the years I have to realize you HAVE to WANT to change in order to change
DEFINITELY! Until I got it in my head that I wanted to and was ready to make this change - it wasn't going to happen. I yo-yo dieted for years and definitely didn't work out. Then one day in April 2011 something clicked and I said "I am tired of living in a body that I don't love". And I jumped on the train and never looked back. Granted, that train has been delayed at a few stations along the way but, it eventually gets moving and picks up speed again.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am working on it right now. I look almost exactly like your before picture right now. I have been running 2-3 times a week since March and thanks to the Couch to 5K program, I know run a sub 30 minutes 5 k every since time. Last week I added 2 strength class at my gym into the routine. I have been watching my food again for the last month, but I need to watch more and be more diligent in adding my calories. I am done not being happy with my body and want to be back to what I used to be again. I love seeing both you and Carrie because it shows I can again.
This rocks my world! You are a faster runner than me! I am just average. But, it goes to show you - you don't have to be fast to lose the weight - just out there doing it.

So happy for you Mari and love seeing you accomplish goals.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just wanted to add a few things:

Running is not for everyone. Not all of us are physically capable, have a desire to do it or the mental capacity to. Running is just what I have come to love. It is okay not to be a runner. You can have great results from lots of other types of cardio. Walking, cycling, swimming, elliptical training, soccer, etc. The list goes on and on. I just wanted to say that because I know it can discourage some of my friends and family when I say I have done most of this through running and they tell me they can't run and therefore feel disadvantaged already. That is NOT the case. You can get great results without running. KK?

Also, Carrie reminded me with her post that I didn't mention my size/weight loss and I know people like to see that (I updated my first post but will mention it here as well). I started at a 14/16 and am now wearing a size 6. I was at my heaviest weight at 185 and I now weigh 141 - for a total loss of 44 lbs. I also lost 8" in my rear people. ha ha

I have become so addicted to a healthy lifestyle that I am currently studying to be a Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist. I hope to be done and tested in both courses by the end of the year. I don't plan to go to work anywhere - I just want to be able to help my friends and family and gain the knowledge that will also help me.

Alrighty - I am outta here now. Gotta go run in the 91% humidity. Gosh I love Texas.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
This rocks my world! You are a faster runner than me! I am just average. But, it goes to show you - you don't have to be fast to lose the weight - just out there doing it.

So happy for you Mari and love seeing you accomplish goals.
Thanks, Neenee! Since I have to be able to run for my job, my times are actually important unlike most people. So I work on getting faster more than the average person would.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just wanted you to know Neenee, that I am SOOOOOO sore today. I feel like I'm a hundred years old. Getting back into working out that first few days always makes me regret ever stopping.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Just wanted you to know Neenee, that I am SOOOOOO sore today. I feel like I'm a hundred years old. Getting back into working out that first few days always makes me regret ever stopping.
Ooohhhh.....I like hearing/reading that!

I have a love/hate relationship with soreness. But, I agree with you...that initial soreness after a long period off is the worst! I am so proud of you for pushing yourself that hard lovie. It is not easy to push yourself so kudos to you babe! Now....keep it up!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thanks, Neenee! Since I have to be able to run for my job, my times are actually important unlike most people. So I work on getting faster more than the average person would.
Yep. I understand that. That is a good motivator! I wish I had something like that pushing me sometimes.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatrout View Post
You look hotter than a chilli in a frying pan
Yes, you do!! Congrats, NeeNee!

I've come to a spot with my weight loss where diet just ain't going to cut it anymore. After 4 babies I was up 40 lbs. to 173. I lost 18 lbs. on WW and then plateaued. Over the last month I started creapping up to 160 again! It stops here.

Tonight I found a copy of "Running for Mortals" at B&N tonight and I'm excited to read it and start something tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Question for you amazing women who have gotten fit while losing... how did you talk yourself into exercising? I can eat healthy all day long, but I know I need to start regular cardio work then eventually tone up...but I can't seem to find the motivation to get off the couch.