Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Elf on a Shelf

Any recommendations on where to buy one from?

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 09-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I ordered ours from amazon a couple of years ago.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Target had the box set last year or amazon

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 09-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought from a locally owned small business
Old 09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think Barnes & Noble has had them in the past too.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We got ours at a Hallmark store.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You are going to have so much fun!!!! My sister and I are already planning to take a Saturday and plan the "crazy" things the elves are going to do this year. We have a boy and my sister has a girl.....I think they need to have a romance!! I think the kids need to find movie ticket stubs and pictures of the two elves together at the North Pole!! ROFL.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hallmark store...but I have seen them at target and book stores too
Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

got ours at target last year
Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

We got ours from Amazon too. I don't believe in leaving the house if I don't have to.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
We got ours from Amazon too. I don't believe in leaving the house if I don't have to.
Lydia! Me either!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
You are going to have so much fun!!!! My sister and I are already planning to take a Saturday and plan the "crazy" things the elves are going to do this year. We have a boy and my sister has a girl.....I think they need to have a romance!! I think the kids need to find movie ticket stubs and pictures of the two elves together at the North Pole!! ROFL.
Oh gosh! I can't wait Kjersti. I was so envious of everyone doing it last year but I was late to the party and didn't want to start late. So I decided to wait.

I need to find the threads that talked about it last year so I can get ideas. I need to start my planning now.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Barnes and Noble here... I think it was around Thanksgiving that they had a coupon online where it was 25% off.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

has anyone used or seen the Christopher Pop-In-Kins version? It looks like the exact same idea...just a different "brand"

Old 09-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

and is it just me or have prices for these things SKYROCKETED in the last month? Yikes! I should have bought one in may!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k23m View Post
has anyone used or seen the Christopher Pop-In-Kins version? It looks like the exact same idea...just a different "brand"
Aww.....I like him! I think maybe Tracy Ducar might have used him? I can't remember but I thought she had a little different one.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

ok what is Elf on a Shelf? Is there a photo of one that I can see?

Never mind. I googled it. Need to get one for our home.

Last edited by Beebo; 09-26-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo View Post
ok what is Elf on a Shelf? Is there a photo of one that I can see?

Never mind. I googled it. Need to get one for our home.
They are just adorable! I will try to find stuff from last year. The community here shared lots of pics and ideas and it was wonderful to see!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
Ok, this is like the cutest idea ever. Is it wrong that I totally wish someone would do an Elf on the Shelf for me?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here we go! Last year's threads:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ighlight=shelf

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ighlight=shelf

Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't use the traditional Elf from the kit... We have two elves that visit, one to look after each child. They get in to so much mischief. They come a few times a year, in fact. My daughter turned 10 this summer and broke down crying when she thought they weren't going to visit for her birthday!

Here are ours:

Old 09-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We got ours from a locally owned Hallmark licensed shop. It was about $30. I broke down and bought the Elf on a Shelf DVD also. My daughter watches it pretty much every day, still! And the video does a pretty good job explaining stuff, so watch it (or read the book that comes with the Elf) first before answering your kids questions because I almost messed it up on them! lol. THe video does have an Elf go to a book store "where families adopt elves" so if you see them in your local shops at Christmastime (or if you want to adopt your elf with the kids there) you don't get into a pickle

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
Aww.....I like him! I think maybe Tracy Ducar might have used him? I can't remember but I thought she had a little different one.
Yep! We have Christopher. I've been pinning new ideas this year because I want him to do different things

Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We got Christopher too (I think it was Tracy that told me which one she got and helped me in my decision of which one to get). He's heavier, but imo - much cuter And I started mid-December, and don't regret it. I thought I would just wait - but then I figured 10 days was better than none (and it was SO worth it).

Not only that - but all the elves were on sale - so I got mine for a steal. Just a thought - if y'all don't want to have to come up with a month of things to do - you can wait till they go on sale and get one a little ways into December
Old 09-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
We got ours from a locally owned Hallmark licensed shop. It was about $30. I broke down and bought the Elf on a Shelf DVD also. My daughter watches it pretty much every day, still! And the video does a pretty good job explaining stuff, so watch it (or read the book that comes with the Elf) first before answering your kids questions because I almost messed it up on them! lol. THe video does have an Elf go to a book store "where families adopt elves" so if you see them in your local shops at Christmastime (or if you want to adopt your elf with the kids there) you don't get into a pickle
I made up my own documentation that arrived with the elves. They are from the North Pole Elf Division as part of Operation Child Watch. They came with biographies, a letter to the children explaining how they got on the list to receive an elf, etc. It was a lot of fun. My daughter's friends were all jealous. LOL We had a sleepover and they tied the elves up and put them in the room they were sleeping in. The next morning the elves were untied (with a trail of ribbon leading the girls to the Christmas tree in the next room) and had climbed the tree and put an elf hat at the top over the star. The girls got a huge kick out of that and truly believed they were real after that. I mean, after all, they would have HEARD a human scampering about, right?

Last year for Christmas the elves left the kids a Shutterfly book of their adventures the previous December. It was so much fun. Here's a link to the book if you'd like to check it out. The first pages show the paperwork that came with them. Ignore the fact that it says it was shared by Lupe G. I couldn't let my kids see my name on it anywhere!!

Elf Adventures Book
Old 09-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen22 View Post
We got Christopher too (I think it was Tracy that told me which one she got and helped me in my decision of which one to get). He's heavier, but imo - much cuter And I started mid-December, and don't regret it. I thought I would just wait - but then I figured 10 days was better than none (and it was SO worth it).

Not only that - but all the elves were on sale - so I got mine for a steal. Just a thought - if y'all don't want to have to come up with a month of things to do - you can wait till they go on sale and get one a little ways into December
Christopher is really cute. I can't do some of the things with ours that can be done with him. I needed 2 though, boy and girl. LOL

I think it was Traci Reed that had some really cute ones last year that I loved. I could never find them in my area though.

I'd love to get a different set but my kids are SO attached to theirs. I'm thinking of buying a set and using them at school, letting them hang out in different areas checking out the classrooms. Good excuse to buy more elves. I love elves!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oooh - lets share our pinterest boards. I joined pinterest last year just so I could collect ideas for this. I would love to see if there are more ideas that I can do this year

http://pinterest.com/jen2213/elf-on-the-shelf-ideas/
Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

here is mine......
http://pinterest.com/nun69/elf-on-the-shelf/

and I did all kinds of things last year and my 11 y/o was just as happy to look for him every morning as my 6 y/o was! I also wrote a letter to each one of them a few days before Christmas and put it in their stockings that were hanging with a pair of reindeer headbands...I put specific little details in each one (like Ben watchign ojut for his little sister and Abby being a little naughty so she had to straighten up so she wouldn't be on the naughty list)......

I goit mine at the Hallmark store at the last minute after everyone started posting about it last year and I am so glad I did...totally thinking about getting them for my BIl's family to do this year!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have Christopher also. I think he is cute.

I got him from Amazon and I paid over $20 for him. And, yes, you can sort of pose his arms and legs like they are in the picture.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Ok, this is like the cutest idea ever. Is it wrong that I totally wish someone would do an Elf on the Shelf for me?
Would your husband do Elf on the Shelf for you? Or could you pose the elf one day and he do the next?
Old 09-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Christopher is really cute. I can't do some of the things with ours that can be done with him. I needed 2 though, boy and girl. LOL

I think it was Traci Reed that had some really cute ones last year that I loved. I could never find them in my area though.

I'd love to get a different set but my kids are SO attached to theirs. I'm thinking of buying a set and using them at school, letting them hang out in different areas checking out the classrooms. Good excuse to buy more elves. I love elves!
Did you know that Amazon has a Christina Marie elf like Christopher if you want a boy and girl version of that kind? Just a heads up though, apparently her story says that a cat comes with her but there is no cat in the set.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Too cute! I did not know about her. At this point we're stuck with the two we have (named Ivy and Jolly) but I might have a few elf friends visit this winter if I can find some good deals.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

so if you guys have more than 1 kid do you do only 1 elf, or an elf for each child? I am thinking of doing an elf for each child this year
Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I want to do it this year but I don't know if Kennedy is still too young to understand. I think I may have to put it off for another year.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh my kids were just talking about their elves today we have two girl elves like this :

(from here)

i love that they are stuffed b/c the kids love to play with them and i think they are cute

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

We have a boy elf like Sherri's. The boys named him Elvin. He's slightly harder to work with than the regular elf on the shelf because he's bigger & stuffed but I didn't think the standard elf or Popinkins would last long around my boys. I needed a rugged elf. We just have the one elf for the two boys. He gets up to card games & tricks with the clone troppers and he brings new ornaments for the tree and donuts for breakfast one day. I create letters from Santa for him to deliver. The boys enjoy it.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
so if you guys have more than 1 kid do you do only 1 elf, or an elf for each child? I am thinking of doing an elf for each child this year
I have two kiddos and I'm only doing one elf. I did let them name it last year and they couldn't decide on one name, so we used both names (Brien Burkey). I don't feel like the kids need one elf for each - they seem happy with one elf doing pranks, lol
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have two, as I mentioned, because my kids fight over everything and I wanted them to each feel like they had someone watching them personally. LOL Seriously though, if I had 3 kids, I wouldn't go get another elf... 2 is enough. I love having 2 though because there are more possibilities for mischief. Mine wrapped each other up in toilet paper one day, for example. Mine are sibling elves that like to prank one another too.

Our elves are pretty complex to tell the truth. They have a facebook page and they post pretty much every night to facebook, telling about their adventures. They also post now and then during the rest of the year to check in with the kids. They have lots of elf friends on facebook too and my kids think that is totally cool. The elves bring the kids little treats from the North Pole occasionally. They also leave a special gift for the kids on Christmas Eve that is just from them. Santa brings 3 gifts for each child in our family and only 3. The first year the kids found 4 under the tree they about freaked out. There was a note on it saying it was from Ivy and Jolly and they got so excited. Ivy and Jolly are also friends with Noel.

Noel is our Christmas angel. She has been visiting for 10 years now, so long before 'elf on a shelf' was even on my radar. She came straight from my heart. I love Christmas and I love all those holiday themed things that are all around us that time of year. I don't, however, like to drag Christmas on past Christmas. When Christmas is over, it is over. I put away the baubles and trinkets, the dvds, the music, etc. So, buying the kids some Christmas themed toy, for example, and giving it to them on Christmas or in their stocking, etc. was fruitless because, while cute, it was put away the next day. I also felt like I wanted to stress the biblical reason for the holiday season too... thus Noel was born. She comes every few days all December (sometimes every day, sometimes she'll skip several days, depends on how organized she is!). She ALWAYS leaves a note talking about Jesus being the reason for the season and she encourages the kids to give of themselves and do good deeds for others. With her message she brings those Christmas trinkets that I love so much. She'll bring Christmas cookie cutters with an oven mitt one day and a Christmas movie the next. She brings holiday lip balm and bubble bath and fun Christmas socks or slippers, etc. She also brings them pajamas every year to wear on Christmas Eve. She brings them early though so they can wear them lots. If not they only get worn once, and that's a waste. LOL She doesn't pull pranks or do anything fun or silly, she just leaves a letter with a gift.

Well, now that Ivy and Jolly come and they are friends with Noel... it gets fun. Ivy and Jolly will get in to the gifts Noel leaves. They will try to wrap or unwrap stuff, hide stuff and make scavenger hunts, etc. They are the fun aspect, the pure imagination aspect. Noel is always there to remind the kids that it isn't all about Santa and elves, that we are celebrating the birth of Christ.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
We have a boy elf like Sherri's. The boys named him Elvin. He's slightly harder to work with than the regular elf on the shelf because he's bigger & stuffed but I didn't think the standard elf or Popinkins would last long around my boys. I needed a rugged elf. We just have the one elf for the two boys. He gets up to card games & tricks with the clone troppers and he brings new ornaments for the tree and donuts for breakfast one day. I create letters from Santa for him to deliver. The boys enjoy it.
I really like how sturdy these guys are too. They get lots of love around here. They visit a few times a year and are dragged everywhere with the kids when they are here. They both need baths. LOL
Old 09-27-2012, 06:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

http://pinterest.com/nesser1981/elf-on-a-shelf-ideas/
Old 09-27-2012, 11:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I wanted to do this last year...I think I might have to try this time around. There are some really cute ideas out there....thanks for sharing your pin boards ladies

Old 10-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Look who just arrived today from Nebraska and he is already into mischief. I caught him drinking Chunky's tea!
I better put him away in a nice cozy bed (maybe with lots of syrup to keep him happy) til we are really ready for his antics closer to Christmas.
We are so happy to welcome Buddy Labaya to our family!

I told Chunky (she is 15) that I wasn't going to involve her in the plans for his daily mischief so that he would surprise her and she said "Well Mommy, can I pick a few things and set him up as a surprise?" Totally made my day. I am so happy that she wants to be involved and I can't wait to see what she does!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
Would your husband do Elf on the Shelf for you? Or could you pose the elf one day and he do the next?
LOL, I have no idea. Switching off would be really funny though!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is my fb album of what our elf did last year. It was our first year.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7358424&type=3
Old 10-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Here's a link to our adventures last year.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8f9f03ca9d

and my board...
http://pinterest.com/tracyfish/elf-on-a-shelf-ideas/

Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have GOT to do this!! These ideas are all so cute. Off to look into it....

http://kristibigelow.blogspot.com
Guesting in 2013 for Lynne-Marie, Traci Reed & Victoria Feemster
Old 10-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

So I just ordered the 'Pop In Kins Elf Pop-In-Kins Christopher Bookset' and he'll be arriving in only a few short days. I actually am really excited about this and can't wait to start. I'm off to check out the Pinterest boards for inspiration!

http://kristibigelow.blogspot.com
Guesting in 2013 for Lynne-Marie, Traci Reed & Victoria Feemster