Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default cookies don't work

hey girls! anyone else having problems in the shop? i can't put anything into a cart or search for something because it's said that my browser doesn't allow cookies. i looked up everything and as far as i can see, the cookies are enabled and everything else seems to work (incl. this forum, which does work with cookies as well, doesn't it?).
any suggestions?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Empty your cart, log out, clear your cookies/cache, and restart your browser?
Old 02-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

i have nothing in my cart and am not signed in in the shop. i so refrain from clearing my cache if i can avoid it. there is so much info in it and i would have to fill it all in again.
trying a different browser first.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I had that problem last week...can't really say how I solved it since I did everything imaginable and it still wouldn't work. I finally said some choice words and walked away for a while. It worked when I came back. *shrug* Wish I knew exactly what finally got it to work.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

:-D well that makes me hope :-D the issue happened to me several times on different sites (mostly shops) and i also did like everything (clearing cache, closing browser, starting new etc.) and nothing helped. so on some sites i just don't buy anymore when this problem comes up.
saves money ;-)

(un)fortunately my other browser worked and this time my budget was stretched a little :-D
Old 02-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinalove View Post
i have nothing in my cart and am not signed in in the shop. i so refrain from clearing my cache if i can avoid it. there is so much info in it and i would have to fill it all in again.
trying a different browser first.
The cookie error comes up when you aren't logged in. The way the shoppe keeps track of what you are trying to order is by using cookies which are associated with your individual account. Log in and it should go away.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had that same problem a few weeks ago (I think there must've been an update). I did have to log out of the browser to get the cookies enabled to take effect.