Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-24-2016, 11:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What's making you happy today?

Hey sweet shoppers! How're you enjoying the Open House?I hope you're having fun. I thought today would be the perfect time for us to share any good news or happy thoughts. I love good news threads, how about you?

I'll go first. We're at the beginning of a 2 week school holiday break, and hubby is home after 2 months away, so I get to scrap my heart out in preparation for DSD next weekend without having to worry about work or anything. Yay! I have missed my scrap time.

Your turn. What's making you happy this week? Can be big or small
Old 09-24-2016, 11:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're also at the start of two weeks of school holidays - I have to work some of it but will be having a couple of days off around next weekend. Hubby is away this weekend with my oldest boy so I'm home with my youngest and we're having a nice time together. We just finished making cup cakes!
Old 09-25-2016, 12:17 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Today, a great big ole Great American Cookie Cake with lots of chocolate icing and a new crockpot dinner have sure made my day a lot happier. Also being able to sit down and scrap as much as I want to today and tomorrow.

Old 09-25-2016, 01:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My girls are at a sleepover and it's been so nice and quiet here this evening!
Old 09-25-2016, 01:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love that in the last week, I have watched four new TV shows that have featured a plus-sized woman, a boy with cerebral palsy, an Asian man, an African man, an Indian woman, and a black woman as the first female athlete in a major U.S. professional sport.

We have a LONG way to go when it comes to diversity and inclusion but I'll take my victories where I can get them.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I love that in the last week, I have watched four new TV shows that have featured a plus-sized woman, a boy with cerebral palsy, an Asian man, an African man, an Indian woman, and a black woman as the first female athlete in a major U.S. professional sport.
That makes me happy. We're only a few weeks into a new school year, so no vacation here yet. Too bad! I'm happy that it's the weekend and we get to spend more of our time on "want to's" instead of "have to's" like work and homework. I'm also happy that after a scrapping slump earlier this year I'm finally back to scrapping more and liking my pages. Only about 6 pages left to finish before I can print January to June.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today after church, Joel took me to 7-11 for ice cream. : ) I'm easy to please, and their Fundae is my most favorite thing in the whole world.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:40 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

It's the school holidays and my eldest child is on a holiday with his grandparents, meaning I only have two children (toddlers) left at home at the moment. I'm shocked and surprised how easy parenting two children is as opposed to three!! I never got to experience that previously, as we jumped from one child to three (identical twins). We also have another child on the way, and I have our 20 week scan on Tuesday so am looking forward to seeing our little belly bubba on ultrasound (and not finding out the gender!).

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 09-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm happy that the sun is out nice and bright this morning, even though it was 34 degrees when I woke up It's our first fall-like morning of the season.

I'm happy that Cheyanne is coming down to the last week of being on crutches since her knee surgery (4 long weeks!). She sees the ortho doc on Oct. 3 and it is highly likely he will let her start walking.

I'm super happy that I have a whole day off tomorrow (still have to work today though) and that it looks like I might only have to work 50 or so hours instead of 60 hours.

Oh, and I'm really excited for tomorrow night for Cheyanne to attend the huge college fair at the university here. She's so excited to check out 100s of colleges and see what is out there!
Old 09-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

While I hate the technical concept of moving (packing, unpacking...) the thought that we will be in our new home this time next week makes me insanely happy!
Old 09-25-2016, 08:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yesterday I was able to enjoy a PSL and Pedicure with a friend! Then my family enjoyed some time in our backyard and a yummy dinner together.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So happy for the weekends; we spent yesterday watching 3 of our grandchildren play soccer (they all won which is a good thing) and then I came home to scrap. Today (Sunday) I have grocery shopped, planned some meals and am now ready to scrap.

Mostly though I am thankful for being alive and able to move around thus enabling me to spend time with family and enjoying all the little things life has in place for me.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:17 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We started our school holidays with my youngest daughter's first 'school friends' birthday party . . and though I was super worried about it being too boring, it was a wonderful fun party!! My daughter's official verdict was the party was 'AMAZING' . . can't argue with that! Hooray!!
Old 09-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got to sleep in today... that's like my most favorite thing in the world!!

I put my fall decorations out around the house and I love seeing them

Cindy's stuff for DSD is amazing (as usual!!), so I look forward to scrapping with more of it.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ahh, so much good news! Congrats on the pregnancy Rebecca! And yay for sleep ins, new homes, successful birthday parties and icecream!
Old 09-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

hmmm...I am all about the simple joys so for me it's all the dsd kits coming out that I have gotten to scrap with (they are amazing!), the fact that hubby did bed time last night with Jasper cause I just couldn't do it another night or I would die, and Fall TV being back!! ALSO! Poldark is soon (tonight maybe?!) and I am so excited about that!
Old 09-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

proud of my scrapbooking skills that is much different then before

excited to go west next week, to explore, take pics and start a new chapter of my life, dating a new guy after a year and half

also cant wait to see what you guys got planned for DSD!

Old 09-25-2016, 10:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today I got to hold my cousin's new baby for about an hour. Happy day.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:27 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

DH came back home today.

We're in the middle of a huge transition (he retired from the military, we moved across the country, we're living in our camper, he's starting a new job), so it's nice to have him back home and to get a break from the kids....
Old 09-26-2016, 02:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
DH came back home today.

We're in the middle of a huge transition (he retired from the military, we moved across the country, we're living in our camper, he's starting a new job), so it's nice to have him back home and to get a break from the kids....
Yay! Oh I so get that.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:43 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I am supposed to start the demolition of our bathroom today, but was "umming" and "arring" whether it's better to wait till the window has been measured to be replaced, and the date given for when we have it back to avoid living in a mess for two months. Decided to sleep on it before making decision, it's a beautiful blue sky, sun, and gorgeous fall outside my window, so I am going to the mountains instead. They are calling my name. See you when I am back
Old 09-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We just had a great weekend full of family, friends, love and birthday celebrations. My son and I both were spoiled rotten for our birthdays.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Very happy that I'm 2 1/2 days away from moving back home. After 2 moves in 13 weeks I decided I'd head home and reevaluate where I live & what I do. If nothing else, I've realised I'm better off being on my own in my own flat where there is noone else bothered about what I do or don't do.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv