Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default a little overwhelmed. desperately need inspiration for wedding album

Please post any layouts you have of wedding layouts? And reception layouts. I promised to do an album for my daughter and so far this is all I have:

She had a friend of the family as the photographer and he missed tons of shots I would have taken had I known he was not taking them. I did not want to annoy her photographer though so I mostly left my camera in the bag. Anyhow I have a folder with kits in the colors of her wedding (lime green/turquoise or teal...not sure what the color really is). I bought templates to make it easy and some love/wedding/life wordarts. Now I am just stuck as to what to do. I thought maybe getting some ideas on other albums/layouts might help. Now she is not pressuring me on getting it done or anything. So I can take as long as I need but I have not done anything in awhile.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I will be keeping an eye on this thread since we are doing our wedding renewal next month and I will finally have photos to scrap!!!!! Your pages look great so far. Templates are always so helpful when you are doing a big album like that. GL and keep up the good work!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am just stuck as to what do next. I could do bridesmaids & best men next I suppose. I am wondering would it look ok to mix the professional photos with the snapshots? Im not sure if itll look as good. (and trust me I was dissappointed with some of the professional photos...he had never shot a wedding before but it was free so we cant complain. He did get some good shots though)

Old 01-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

Definitely need to do Bridesmaids and grooms men next. Was there a flower girl? you can totally do a page of that. The ceremony, the first kiss as man and wife, the walking out and rice throwing, The limo or car with cans and shoes on it "just married", the cake cutting, the first dance, the reception, the gifts table. Friends and Family page, is there a book people signed? Maybe a scan of it as a page.....does this help at all?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

If you have a photo of just the dress that would be nice to scrap as well along with her shoes, maybe a "prep" page of her getting ready.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Looks good so far.

When I do books (especially for clients) I try to keep the days events in 'order' in the book, so it's telling the story through the photos.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

here is what happened. She had the day all planned out perfectly. They were getting married on the beach. The weather dropped unexpectedly and was in the 50's when she was supposed to get married. So they moved it to where her reception was being held so there was really no seperation of ceremony/walking out/coming in as husband wife type thing. Then it was getting dark by the time they got all the family photos taken and the wind was blowing really hard since it was down by the water. So some of the pics are not that great and they were really rushed. Then to top it all off the best man & maid of honor who were dating ran off together the day OF the wedding. Sooo I think the saying if anything can go wrong it will was true of her wedding. I told her it is good luck because all the bad stuff that was happening had already happened and they would have good luck throughout their marriage

Old 01-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I made my sisters wedding book, but I kept it VERY simple. Just the photos, all in b/w. However, I know she loves b/w shots and they have all the pictures in digital form as well. I knew I'd never keep up scrapping that many mixed colour pictures. Nit if I wanted to do anything but that for a year.

Anyway, I let the pictures dictate the pages. I went through them all and in my head sortede them into pages/sections. Like Preparing/Arrival/Ceremony/Shots afterwards/Cake/Dancing ect. So I had a list of pages before I started.

Last edited by Ginger_79; 01-10-2012 at 01:53 PM.