Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default lets talk THOSE days of the month

^yeah, those days.

How do you keep track of yours? Do you just sort of guess at it? Count on your fingers the days since your last? Write it on your calendar? Use a special app?

For years I've been using Fertility Friend (and it's app the past few) to keep track of mine. But it's been all messed up and glitchy for a while now, so today I decided to try out a new one. I'm nervous because after 5 years FF is pretty spot on for it's predictions and I trust it when it gives me the little yellow and green days to stay away from John. lol

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am just free willy. No tracking, no counting. I'm not on BC or anything either, so I am literally clueless. Just... "OH HEY! It's that time again."

I would love an app like that (with the green days and all) because I am living a dangerous life right now. Haha.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really track mine. I know roughly when to expect it, but it sticks around forever! Seriously I have the longest flow of any person ever. So once it's gone I just try to pretend it's not going to come back.

But we use other precautions as far as the baby preventing goes.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

An app sounds cool!
I just keep track in my head. I am extremely regular (hmm can you put those words together?) so it's not hard to predict when I'm going to start again. I used to use a calendar and just mark the day I started, but I haven't done that for a few years.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I do a lot of tracking with Natural Family Planning (reading body signs, etc.), but since entering full blown peri-menopause, nothing works anymore. I haven't been on the pill in 16 years, and we've had a great track record so far, but with not knowing when ANYTHING is happening now, we tend to be a little less full-force friendly at the moment because this mommy is DONE having babies! Besides, it would be dangerous for me to have more, and since I can't be on any kind of hormonal BC, we're opting to be safe for the time being
Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

i use an app.. P Tracker (there's a pay version too, but really...... im not paying for an app to track my stupid period )
Old 03-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Before we started trying, I was on BC so it was easy to count. While we were trying I used Fertility Friend and found that to be pretty spot on since my cycles are pretty regular. After the baby gets here, who knows, but I'm not too concerned considering I was off BC for three years and nothing happened naturally. Most likely I'll just track it with FF again so I can answer that stupid "when was your last period?" question they ask every time you to the doctor for anything.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't track, the older I've gotten, the moodier/weeper I am, so if something makes me cry really easy, then my period will be here in a day or two. \

I need to go back on the pill, Sean is fixed now, I had my tubes tied, but we all know how that worked (Harper, LOL), I have the worst flow of my life. Super heavy, terrible craps, every since I had Cooper.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't keep track anymore either...I had my tubes tied, I'll be 40 (gah!!) this year, I'm also in peri-menopause, mine are all wonky too so I don't even bother.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
I do a lot of tracking with Natural Family Planning (reading body signs, etc.), but since entering full blown peri-menopause, nothing works anymore. I haven't been on the pill in 16 years, and we've had a great track record so far, but with not knowing when ANYTHING is happening now, we tend to be a little less full-force friendly at the moment because this mommy is DONE having babies! Besides, it would be dangerous for me to have more, and since I can't be on any kind of hormonal BC, we're opting to be safe for the time being
I use a lot of NFP too, but I love the reassurance of the app agreeing with me. lol

Old 03-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Before we started trying, I was on BC so it was easy to count. While we were trying I used Fertility Friend and found that to be pretty spot on since my cycles are pretty regular. After the baby gets here, who knows, but I'm not too concerned considering I was off BC for three years and nothing happened naturally. Most likely I'll just track it with FF again so I can answer that stupid "when was your last period?" question they ask every time you to the doctor for anything.
After your first it's normally easier to get pregnant with the second. It took me 5 years to have Cole. With my miscarraige it took a week and with Cade three months???

I use the pregnancy calculator to tell me when it's been 4 weeks lol! When it goes over that I worry A LOT!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm like Vanessa if I'm crying...it's coming. It never fails. I try to track on my calendar but sometimes I forget but I'm usually regular...I'm going to have to look into an app...
Old 03-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cindy~ View Post
After your first it's normally easier to get pregnant with the second. It took me 5 years to have Cole. With my miscarraige it took a week and with Cade three months???
Ha, I knew someone would respond with this. I'd be inclined to believe you if we were dealing with female factor infertility, but in our case, it's male factor only and I doubt my giving birth will suddenly change those results. But we'd be thrilled if it did happen!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have PCOS, so who knows what is going on or when things are going to happen - or doesn't.... so I've given up tracking - what's the point? We have been trying 6 years for number two, with no luck... it really looks like J was a miracle..
Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a Mirena so I pretty much don't have one at all.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I am just free willy. No tracking, no counting. I'm not on BC or anything either, so I am literally clueless. Just... "OH HEY! It's that time again."

I would love an app like that (with the green days and all) because I am living a dangerous life right now. Haha.
This is so me!! Lol

Old 03-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use fertility friend still and TCOYF, though after 6+ years of trying I can tell by my body most of the time without even looking at the app.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use my calendar app and its pretty accurate. But then I already know because im every 28 days exactly and a week before I get a headache. Plus that whole week before I feel my legs and abdomen are very tight and bloated. eeehhhh I hate being a girl!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm breastfeeding and the babe isn't yet 2 months, so it's been awhile. I use the FMC app for tracking.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I used to use FF. Now I'm on the pill for endo symptoms, so I always know when I'll start. Plus hubs is snipped so no worries there.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Both of my babies have been BC babies, so I guess I don't really care.

DH is gettin' fixed in a few months, so I'm excited abt that!

My cycle is pretty regular, so I haven't had to use an app or anything. I just remember that the third week of the month is coming up so I best get prepared.

The last time I was pg, AF came back within 6 weeks, so when that happens with this one, hopefully it will come back and still be nice 'n' regular & I'll just keep track in my head.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I kept track of mine on a calendar, but once I was over 40 it wasn't as reliable. It wasn't consistent anymore. It's a peri-menopause thing.... (Then I had an ablation. I haven't one of 'those' days for 3 years! )
Old 03-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cindy~ View Post
Ha, I knew someone would respond with this. I'd be inclined to believe you if we were dealing with female factor infertility, but in our case, it's male factor only and I doubt my giving birth will suddenly change those results. But we'd be thrilled if it did happen!
I was told our problem was I was getting pregnant but, the baby wasn't implanting good/at all. Who knows what the actual problem was. I say god knew we weren't ready for Cole lol! That child is high energy!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't keep track really. I can feel myself ovulate so I guesstimate about 2 weeks after that every month. I just read my symptoms and try to keep an eye on those.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just know its coming because I get irritable more easily and start yelling at the kids (more than normal)!
Old 03-18-2014, 03:11 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
I have a Mirena so I pretty much don't have one at all.
I have a Mirena, and I don't menstruate, but I still have a 'time of the month'. It's not nearly as as before, but I can tell I'm different for a few days. I don't track it, though.

When I was menstruating, I just put it in my calendar, until we were TTC. Then I used FF. But my last period was November 2007.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:32 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I recently started using an app again after not tracking at all for a year or so. We'll see if I'll keep it up. I like being able to check when it's due, because I never remember how long ago the last one was. But I also forget to register when it starts.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I just know its coming because I get irritable more easily and start yelling at the kids (more than normal)!
This is me. I know that when the kids' clutter around the house really starts to drive me absolutely freakin' crazy that it's that time of the month.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use an app called My Days and it's been pretty spot on for me. Now I do have a tubal so I don't have to worry about getting pregnant so I don't really pay attention to anything other than when it says my next period is due.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I feel surprised so many people keep track. I have no idea when my last period was unless there was some significant event taking place at the time. I have PCOS, so sometimes I go 3 or 4 months between periods if I'm not taking BC. Joel got snipped back in December, and it has been BLISS to be off hormonal BC and not have to worry about getting pregnant (though I wasn't really opposed to having another baby).
Old 03-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMelissa View Post
I use an app called My Days and it's been pretty spot on for me. Now I do have a tubal so I don't have to worry about getting pregnant so I don't really pay attention to anything other than when it says my next period is due.
that's the new app I just got to try!

Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to track it religiously, and my cycle is pretty regular which made it easy. However, once we started trying to conceive it became stressful for me to mark my fertile days, etc etc. I decided to stop tracking it so I could stop stressing over it
Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I never keep track. And silly enough every month it catches me off guard. I am like, how come I am all bloated, crying over little things and need chocolate. Then a couple of days later, I am like, oh, yeah. It's sad.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I never keep track. And silly enough every month it catches me off guard. I am like, how come I am all bloated, crying over little things and need chocolate. Then a couple of days later, I am like, oh, yeah. It's sad.
Haha! This is me.

Funny story. Everyone knows I don't track. My friends, husband, mother. You guys. Well, one time I was out shopping with my mom and was snapping at the kids a lot. And I started crying when I was telling her about something totally mundane. I was like, GOSH, what is up with me today. And she pulled out her cellphone and told me, Brook... you are supposed to get your period in 2 days. I was like... oh, thanks Mom. Wait... How do YOU know that? And that's when she confessed that SHE WAS TRACKING MY PERIODS. Because I am that bad when I PMS. She probably was doing it for her own protection.

But... yeah. A little strange, Mom. LOL!

Old 03-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

haha....oh, that's funny, Brook.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
lol! this is so me as well... but I do track! I start getting angry about everything, and texting John that the kids are horrible monsters and he's like "Babe, check your lady calendar." I do and I'm like, oh, well that explains that. lol

Old 03-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Brook that's a great story!!! And I also think it sounds like you have one awesome Mom who cares about you!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to use this app called FMC by FertilityFriend.com. I've been using it since 2008, till I found another app that's even easier to use, called MonthlPal.

FMC syncs to FertilityFriend.com, which means if you change your devices, you can sync the data back from the online backup. MonthPal doesn't have that feature yet.

Here are the links if you're interested:

FMC (free) - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free...292760731?mt=8
MonthPal (free) - https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/mont...2848?l=en&mt=8
Old 03-19-2014, 04:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL Brook! I have very bad dysmenorrhea every time I get my period. I track my periods because of this. It makes planning my activities much easier since I can block those period days out from important stuff (if they can be avoided).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Haha! This is me.

Funny story. Everyone knows I don't track. My friends, husband, mother. You guys. Well, one time I was out shopping with my mom and was snapping at the kids a lot. And I started crying when I was telling her about something totally mundane. I was like, GOSH, what is up with me today. And she pulled out her cellphone and told me, Brook... you are supposed to get your period in 2 days. I was like... oh, thanks Mom. Wait... How do YOU know that? And that's when she confessed that SHE WAS TRACKING MY PERIODS. Because I am that bad when I PMS. She probably was doing it for her own protection.

But... yeah. A little strange, Mom. LOL!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

After having Jason, I was having too many issues with BC pills so I just watched the calendar...well....I found out I O late in my cycle which is why we have Seth just 14 months later!!

I always just kept track on the calendar and it worked for us...mostly!

I am SO glad I don't have to keep track of that stuff anymore!!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When I had Android phone, I believe, I was using My Days app. With Apple, I'm using Pink Pad app. Way back when there were Palm Pilots, I even had an app for that! LOL That's the first thing I look for when I switch my phone OS/organizers!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

I used to use FF and My days to track mine but now that I am on a BC Lo LoEstrin FE I don't need to track it because I have no period anymore and really have minor symptoms about a week ahead of my used to be normal period time. If I do have a period it is 1 day about every 3-4 months. I used to have horrible, atrocious periods with bad cramping and the whole shebang since I have endometriosis. But after starting on this particular BC I have no symptoms or period whatsoever and I don't care how much is costs, it is well worth the $$$.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Brook that's a great story!!! And I also think it sounds like you have one awesome Mom who cares about you!
She does. by the way, I checked her calendar when I was at her house today and it's not looking good for me in 4 days.

I really should be tracking because mine are so heavy that it's cause anemia. I will have to do something because iron supplements aren't working.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I used to use a program called... Ovusoft I think. I did use FF for awhile as well. Mostly though I used a excel spredsheet.
But that was more than a decade ago when conceiving or not conceiving was important. DH got fixed when our youngest was 10 months old. I'm 46 and on my second Mirena in a row. I haven't had a period in 7 years. It's glorious! They are going to give me another one next year depending on my perimenopause status. Right now it's non-existant.