Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-16-2009, 11:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default DQOTD- Holiday Music

Happy Holidays everyone! One of the biggest parts of the holiday season for me is the music. I love music in my life!

What is your favorite or least favorite Christmas song?

Personally, I love the kids songs that are so fun with my family, but I have to say that my all time favorite Christmas song is "O Holy Night." I love the true meaning of Christmas for me. My least favorite Christmas song is that crazy one on the radio... The Redneck 12 Days of Christmas I think is what it is called. You know, the one about hanging the lights and the bad parts of the holiday.

Have a great holiday...can't wait to hear your songs!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

That's a hard one. I have soooo many favorite Christmas songs. It's a toss up between "O Holy Night" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - I think.

However, there is no doubt about my LEAST favorite song - "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" My dislike of that song goes back to when it first came out. YUCK! Like nails on a blackboard.

Oh - I think the Redneck 12 Days of Christmas is funny. But, I'm a huge Jeff Foxworthy fan, so it just kinda cracks me up!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My all time favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. I adore Josh Groban's version. It's a rare thing for me to NOT like a version of the song. And now I have a NEW version which I love...

Daughtry-O Holy Night-acoustic

Mmmmmm....

The kids are loving Trans-Siberian Orchestra this year, especially Wizards in Winter, Mad Russian's Christmas, and Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24. They're also very into Straight No Chaser's version of Donde Esta Santa Claus? Fun stuff!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have way to many favorites! I do adore When my heart finds Christmas by Harry Connick Jr.

Least favorite would have to be the same Melissa!

There is one song that brings back great college memories and also describes my extended inlaws. I won't link it because some of the lyrics are in really bad taste but the name is "Merry Christmas From The Family" by Robert Earl Keen.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

My current favorite is Lord of the Dance by Blackmore's Night and Oh Come All Ye Faithful by Twisted Sister.

Least favorite currently is Shery Crow's version of O Holy Night and Sarah McLauchlan's In the Bleak Midwinter. I just booted them both from my playlist for being too depressingly sappy.

I can't stand Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer either. Love the Redneck Days of Christmas & I do need to go get 5 flannel shirts now that I think of it.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefamily View Post
There is one song that brings back great college memories and also describes my extended inlaws. I won't link it because some of the lyrics are in really bad taste but the name is "Merry Christmas From The Family" by Robert Earl Keen.
OMG! That song totally rocks! I had totally forgotten about that...which is shocking considering the number of times I've seen REK in concert! And Amanda is right...there are some lyrics that are in really bad taste - but in a good way!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a lot of favorite Christmas songs - top of my list is 'I Believe in Father Christmas' by Greg Lake.

My least favorite is between 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer' or 'Dominic the Donkey' - I quickly flip the station if either of those come on.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fan of ALL the designers at: