Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Question about P365

I am doing this for the first time this year and I have a couple questions for you girls:

1. Do you scrap each day on a seperate page, if I do this is it kinda silly, too many pages?

2. If you do scrap each day on a different page should I only use the picture I picked for my P365 or can I use some of the others I took too? Should I make the P365 picture the focal point?

3. Is it stupid to only take pictures of my children and an occasional one with other family and the children, no other pictures, I want to focus on them for this project?

Is it way to much to think that I can accomplish the goal of doing all the pictures in pages. I think if I do all the pictures I am going to seperate them into seperate books. Shots of just my oldest in one book, shots of just my youngest in one book and a book of shots of them together?

I know this is just really what I want to do but would it be silly to do it this way, any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I didn't scrap any last year (nor did i get far LOL) but I see most people do one layout per week (so 7 piccies).
I'm only taking piccies of kiddo. Last year i tried to be all creative and stuff.. but i got annoyed and gave up LOL so i think just kid pics is perfectly fine :]
Old 01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did P365 last year and scrapped a page per week of just my P365 photos.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is my first year also. I am just going to scrap a week at at time. No way do I have the time to scrap a photo for it a day and do any other scrapping.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

This is my 2nd year doing this and I did weekly layouts last year so I'm doing that again this year. I'm not fully done with 2009, so there's no way I could do it if I did the daily picture in a page.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I plan on doing a weekly layout for all the pictures and at least layout of the pictures I take - But if it doesn't happen I am not going to beat myself up... just keep going - With that said I have scraped all the pictures that I took this week - just worked out that way this time

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A page a week or 3-4 pics a page at times... just depends... I take pictures of whatever I like, no theme.

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

yeah I have no idea what I am gonna do. I am leaning towards the one a week, but I don't know. can't decide how I want to scrap..like same kit for every month? EEK! I just don't know, lol
Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

This is my third year doing it. I do not scrap every photo. Not ever. Not even in weekly layouts. It's just too much for me. I scrap the photos throughout the year as they appeal to me, sometimes they are multi photo pages. I scrapped about 40 layouts with my daily photos last year. 3-4 a month or so. Then I put them all in a photo book with little sentances and drop the layouts on a full seperate page where they fit chronologically. It gives me a nice mix & is very low pressure.

This year I have some themes going every month so I am going to put together pages featuring each the year of each theme & mix them in among the photo book & any layouts I happen to do with 365 photos like I always do.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I did weekly layouts of 7 pics per page last year and am doing the same again this year.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

This is my first year. I am going to take all pictures of my kiddo (except I will most likely be away from him some of the time and will either ask who ever he is with the take the picture or skip then, not sure what) each day and am scrapping in 2 pages per week QPs.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

this is my 1st year and I am gonna do a weekly LO, and will probably do a corresponding page LO of my fav pics for the week...so at the most I will probably scrap 4 pages {2-2 pagers} for each week, but that is not for sure! We'll see how it goes!!! I am hoping the portfolio challenges will inspire me {and so far they have} and I will use those as part of my scrapping~
Old 01-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

This is my first year and I will scrap ones a week with the photos of that week and in the end of the month with all the photos

Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My goal this year is just to take the photos... if I scrap any then that's a bonus! LOL! I'm thinking of trying the occasional weekly review pages, but probably more monthly pages than anything.

Also, most of my photos will be of my family/kids. I'm only taking a day or two a week to focus on around the house stuff.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

I have no plans to scrap the photos as a "unit." I just want to take the pictures every day So far, I've posted the first 4 days on my blog with a little blurb about the photo. At the end of the ...(fill in the blank - I don't know the time period yet) I will print the photos and put them in a photo album with maybe the little blurb from my blog. No pressure. I want to actually complete this project (unlike the last 2 years where I stopped pretty quickly).
Old 01-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I don't have little kids, so I found it too difficult to take a photo a day. My food, husband and pets were getting a little tired of it.

I'm doing a recap layout each month with the top 10 photos of the month, for my 10x12 Project.

I'm pre-committing myself to a photo per day once both of the following are true a.) I have a little one and b.) I have a 5+MP camera phone. Kind of reverse logic since I'll be MORE busy then.

Last edited by starxlr8; 01-05-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I plan on taking and posting photos everyday in the project 365 gallery and then doing a SIMPLE weekly layout using those photos. My project 365 is going to be mostly of the kids and dog too! You'll have so much fun doing it!