Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Nap time

Do you ever wish it were legal to go shopping while your kids are napping? I mean, I get that it's not safe and what if they wake up and I don't think I could ever really do it...but sometimes it would be so convenient!

I'm trying to make dinner for my friend who just had a baby () but we don't have parmesan cheese! So now those plans are out the window and I'll have kids sleeping until 3:30 at which point it'll be too late. Luckily DH helped me come up with something else, but gosh I wish I could just hop to the store really quickly.

I seriously spend all day making excuses not to go places, until nap time, when I really want to go do some really quick errands, but can't. Weird. Maybe it's because nothing is quick with 2 kids, but by myself it would take 15 minutes.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I could never do it, I'm just super protective and kind of a worry wart about things that could happen... but I do know of 2 moms who have done it!!!! I know the feeling, though. It is tough to just make a quick run for something with kids in tow. Back when I was a kid I remember mom leaving us in the car while she ran into the grocery store real quick. People just don't do that anymore.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

(giggles) I think your wish should be "Wish all stores would deliever without a charge and and my cell phone has an app for it!!!!"
But I've been there and can feel you, (still giggling and thinking, god how I love
all our kids are adults now and its all me time)

Last edited by Tamie; 07-13-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No- I dont want to leave my kids napping right now. Still too young in my mind. But I do wish grocery stores would have delivery. THAT would rock!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't go grocery shopping, but I did go and pick up dd from school while ds (2.5 y) was still napping a couple of times. School is only 3 minutes away so I'm always back within 8-10 minutes but I do admit that I felt uncomfortable about it.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

yeah - and then it would be my luck that I would be in an accident or the car break down... I've known parents who have done that too... too risky in my book... and now I have a 5 year old that tells me, "you go mama, I stay home"... umm, no, I go - you go! hahaha...
Old 07-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The farthest I have gone is accross the street, and only for a minute! Even in a small town in makes me nervous, although I have thought about doing it many times! I am wondering how I am going to do school pickup in the fall with one napping....even though I can see the school door from my front window, I dont know if I could leave her here alone...she is too much of a trouble maker if she were to wake up! LOL

Old 07-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I've totally had this same thought before. lol
Old 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberK View Post
But I do wish grocery stores would have delivery. THAT would rock!
Mine does. Its amazing.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's great you have so much energy when your kids are napping. When my son slept...I seriously curled up on the floor on a mat and slept too. No chance I was going to cook a bunch in the kitchen!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I'm totally with you. I would LOVE if that were possible, but I would never do it. I'm too much of a worrier too and I would be sick to my stomach the entire time. I couldn't, for sure. However, if school were three minutes away...I could see myself doing that. Today I went to the driveway to get something out of the car and my three year old locked me out of the house. Thankfully, I had my keys, but it gave me a small panic attack though.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieKW View Post
Oh, I'm totally with you. I would LOVE if that were possible, but I would never do it. I'm too much of a worrier too and I would be sick to my stomach the entire time. I couldn't, for sure. However, if school were three minutes away...I could see myself doing that. Today I went to the driveway to get something out of the car and my three year old locked me out of the house. Thankfully, I had my keys, but it gave me a small panic attack though.
Yes, exactly! One time DH convinced me to go get ice cream at the place down the street and we used our cell phones as walkie talkies and my heart was seriously going to jump out of my chest the whole 5 minutes. I told him never again!

And getting locked out of the house is one of my biggest fears! When we were in an apartment and had to get through the outer doors before we could even get to our front door was the worst. Then 6 days before DD was born DS locked us out of the house! We had a friend come over and help us disassemble a basement window so we could get in.