Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default I don't know where else to post this...

Over the last few weeks, I've been getting really bad headaches and feeling dizzy, mostly when I'm on the computer for long periods of time. This, of course, makes work challenging because I'm on the computer a lot, but I've just been dealing with it as best I can. In the last week or so, it has starting affecting my scrapping because by the time I get home from work, I feel so awful that all I want to do is lie down. This may seem silly, but I just don't feel I can post or talk about this publicly. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar, and if so, what did you do to overcome it? I'm just tired of feeling bad and want to get back to scrapping regularly.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry Kendall. Not at all silly. It sounds miserable. I haven't had that exactly but I suffer from migraines and they are debilitating. I'd definitely make an appointment with your doctor. I hope it's a short term issue and you're feeling better soon!
Old 10-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i am suffering from migraines but like your sympthones can be anything from innoucent to bad so i would go to your docter and let you check out if it is migrains medication can help . I had also a lot of headpain and dizzyness when my eyes where not good and i needed classes
Old 10-12-2016, 11:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would definitely schedule some time with your doctor to see if you can identify and eliminate the cause. It could be eye strain. When you say you are getting dizzy, is it vertigo? Those symptoms could also be caused by anxiety (and many other things). I hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not to make this all about me but I can so relate on how miserable life can be with debilitating headaches! Before I became a SAHM mom I worked 14-17 hour days in front of computer, in a high stress environment. I used to get the worst migraines because of it. I ended up going to the doctor who referred me to a neurologist and I began a daily treatment for the migraines - to prevent them, not just treat them. I learned from the neurologist that taking excedrin and ibuprofen, etc so often to help with the headaches actually creates a rebound headache the next day. This was a shocker to me as I was chowing down on them so much to try to stop/lessen the headaches! So they started me on an epilepsy medicine (don't know the specifics but something about brain wave patterns being similar in migraine sufferers and epileptic patients) to help me wean off of the regular headache medicines and control the migraines. I also was given Imitrex for the migraines that would render me pretty much helpless. Anyways, it took a couple months until I was able to gain control over the situation but after that it became more of something I could recognize and control before it got out of hand. It really is so debilitating and it does affect your work productivity and your personal life. Without time to recharge and get quality rest, it's just a vicious cycle that keeps on going. Like everyone else said, I personally would recommend you speak to your doctor, and possibly see a neurologist so you can identify what your triggers are and the right path to correcting and preventing them! I hope you're able to find relief soon! <3
Old 10-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Kendall, it could possibly be bouts of Vertigo. I get bouts of Vertigo often as I also work on a computer every single day. Try taking some otc Dramamine and see if it helps. Sounds an awful lot like Vertigo to me.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
Not to make this all about me but I can so relate on how miserable life can be with debilitating headaches! Before I became a SAHM mom I worked 14-17 hour days in front of computer, in a high stress environment. I used to get the worst migraines because of it. I ended up going to the doctor who referred me to a neurologist and I began a daily treatment for the migraines - to prevent them, not just treat them. I learned from the neurologist that taking excedrin and ibuprofen, etc so often to help with the headaches actually creates a rebound headache the next day. This was a shocker to me as I was chowing down on them so much to try to stop/lessen the headaches! So they started me on an epilepsy medicine (don't know the specifics but something about brain wave patterns being similar in migraine sufferers and epileptic patients) to help me wean off of the regular headache medicines and control the migraines. I also was given Imitrex for the migraines that would render me pretty much helpless. Anyways, it took a couple months until I was able to gain control over the situation but after that it became more of something I could recognize and control before it got out of hand. It really is so debilitating and it does affect your work productivity and your personal life. Without time to recharge and get quality rest, it's just a vicious cycle that keeps on going. Like everyone else said, I personally would recommend you speak to your doctor, and possibly see a neurologist so you can identify what your triggers are and the right path to correcting and preventing them! I hope you're able to find relief soon! <3
This too! I have migraines as well to go on top of the Vertigo and once I saw the neurologist and got a good game plan of prevention meds and also meds for breakthrough things are much better. I would definitely see your doctor and then maybe a referral to a neurologist to discuss things.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, girls, for all the replies. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them. For those of you who have dealt with vertigo and/or migraines, did you also have an elevated heart rate? Because that's another fun symptom that's presented itself in the last few days.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hope you and your doctor are able to figure out what's going on and get you some relief!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I would also get your eyes checked. I have problems like that when it is time for me to re-do my lens prescription.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Any chance you have a concussion? (Says the mama of a football playing boy ) Really, though, that sounds like some of the concussion symptoms we've had to watch for.

If not, I agree with possible migraines (they all present differently) or vertigo. See your doctor, chickie.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh, boy, it sounds like anxiety with the elevated heartrate. I would definitely talk to your doctor. Anything been stressing you out more than normal? I have had vertigo before, but it did not change my heartrate. I don't know that migraines do that either, but I have never had one. Before you mentioned the heartrate issue, I had thought perhaps your neck could be out of place and was going to suggest a chiropractor.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I had the same thought as Mari...could be anxiety and migraines. I get both and they are super debilitating! I am so sorry Kendall I hope you are able to get to the bottom of it and feel better soon!!! As a long term migraine sufferer I feel for you soooo much!!!
Old 10-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I hope you and your doctor figure out what's going on, Kendall! I hate headaches!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, Kendall! ((HUGS)) I don't suffer from Migraines, but I do have issues with dizziness, and being lightheaded. (It is a form of vertigo or Minear's disease- which my brother has). For me, it has to do with my diet. I actually CAN'T have artificial sweeteners. Anything "light" or "energy" messes me up and I will be stuck in bed, sick to my stomache if I move or stand, a couple days after having whatever it was. I can't have diet, splenda, slurpees, gatorade, etc. It has to be "real" or I get sick. We have figured out most of the trigger items from trial and error. Sometimes a new one will slip through and I'll end up stuck in bed again. It is definately not fun!

Like others have said, talk to your doctor. It could be something simple, but they can hopefully get you the answers you need to not have to deal with this anyore!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sorry you haven't been feeling well Kendall! Hope you're able to see your doctor and get some answers! Hugs!

Old 10-13-2016, 03:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs, Kendall!
I know that feeling...but it can really be many things (usually harmless) so it's best to see a doc.
I also used to work full day in front of a computer and even though I wore glasses, I always felt exhausted.
Currently my work doesn't involve working a full day in front of a computer but I've been feeling dizzy and tired lately...I guess it's because of my blood sugar levels (the medications I'm taking are lowering it too much, I guess).
Headaches, fast heart rate, tiredness, dizziness, all those symptoms mean your body needs some help. I'm sure it's nothing serious but you better go check. And yes, I'd suggest starting with your eyes because eyes get tired from all that work and can lead to increased heart rate and headaches. Maybe a pair of glasses or contact lenses could be an easy solution. My husband was like that (he works 8-10 hours with a computer) and ever since I advised him to get contact lenses, he's been feeling ok.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 10-13-2016, 07:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
Thanks, girls, for all the replies. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them. For those of you who have dealt with vertigo and/or migraines, did you also have an elevated heart rate? Because that's another fun symptom that's presented itself in the last few days.
Personally, I don't have any change in heart rate when I have a migraine but as someone else said, people experience migraines in different ways. I'm no doctor of course but it sounds to me like you have multiple issues going on.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, ladies, for all the kind words and suggestions. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good day!
Old 10-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and I deal with vertigo, I'm on some medicine for it, and it feels like my heart rate is going nuts when it gets bad like that.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 10-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If your heart rate is increased with your migraines it could be high blood pressureelated or something with your heart. That red flag right there alone heeds you caution to see a doctor.

Having migraines like that could be anything really. You could need a different prescription for your glasses, or actually need glasses to relax your eyes while straining at the monitor. You could have early symptoms of diabetes. It could be anything from just being overly tired and needing rest.

Seriously, Kendall, if not for yourself, do it for your daughter. Schedule an appointment and make sure you are okay and how you can manage these migraines.

Migraines are awful. I had them so badly when I was pregnant with my youngest that I was seen more in the ER for migraines than I was by my OB doctor! I've been suffering migraines since I was a pre-teen. They are nothing to take lightly. There are medicines, oils, etc. that can help with the pain management, but only once you know what's contributing to the migraines.

Drink plenty of fluids (it could be a sign of dehydration too), try to get some rest and schedule an appointment. <3
Old 10-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Check your diet also. Too much artificial sweeteners make me sick like that (plus I get nauseous). I think it's aspartame that I can't handle, so no diet drinks for me.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My 16 year old was finally referred to a neurologist after suffering for over a year and a half. He put her on Elavil and magnesium to prevent the migraines, and gave her a prescription for a medicine (can't remember name) she can take as soon as one sets in.

She cannot believe how much better she feels. It has only been three weeks, and she has only needed the Rizatriptan (had to go look) once. Previously she had 2-4 miserable days a week.

Please see a doctor!
Old 10-15-2016, 09:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hope you are feeling better! I would suspect migraines or eyes, as others suggested. I can tell you that migraines worsen with light (or computer/screen) use and they cause dizziness/nausea. Any pain elevates heart rate....

My migraine triggers are hormones - with my period and sleep disruption. Also bad allergies/weather sometimes wreaks havoc, like the past couple weeks here!

Good luck!!