Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2016, 09:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Dumbest Argument You've Ever Had With Your Significant Other

My husband and I are currently arguing abt an $18 winter coat from Walmart.

What's the dumbest argument you've ever had with your significant other? You're welcome to include dumb arguments with family members and best friends, too.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lol! I can't remember--let's go with "I'd never argue about something stupid." 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't even recall any stories of dumb arguments.... if you ask me, every conversation with him is a dumb argument...LOL (sometimes just in good stupid fun, other times shit gets real hahaha)
Old 10-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We have lots of dumb little arguments, usually it takes all of 30 minutes for one of us to realize how dumb it is and apologize. Last night he got mad cause I asked if he wanted to go with to basketball practice and he said no and I said it would be nice for to watch one and that set him off. He took just a few minutes for him to realize how dumb it was to get mad over that and apologize. Usually fights over dumb stuff is because of other stresses.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Dumbest argument between my parents and I a little over three years ago and I guess is still on-going "Why did you ever get pregnant?" as if getting pregnant after being married 15+ years, in a stable living environment is a bad idea.....not sure why my parents got bent out of shape about it, but to me, it's one of the dumbest because he was a planned pregnancy as we tried to get pregnant for nine years prior!

Between my husband and I? Probably the purchase of his video games later in the year when they could be potential Christmas gifts. He waits until November to buy the games he wants and I tell him, "can you please let me buy them for you for Christmas?" He doesn't understand he's a HARD person to shop for and buys what he wants, when he wants without letting anyone have the chance to buy it for him! I guess this is the dumbest on-going bicker we have every year and usually about this time of the year!
Old 10-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Between my husband and I? Probably the purchase of his video games later in the year when they could be potential Christmas gifts. He waits until November to buy the games he wants and I tell him, "can you please let me buy them for you for Christmas?" He doesn't understand he's a HARD person to shop for and buys what he wants, when he wants without letting anyone have the chance to buy it for him! I guess this is the dumbest on-going bicker we have every year and usually about this time of the year!
This would be me and my husband too lol!

Brian is a natural debater. He did it all through high school, was good at it and so it's carried on to every other aspect of his life. He can debate just to debate. It gets ended when I give him a look and stop talking He hates it! But I hate arguing for the sake of arguing (or "debating").
Old 10-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My hubby and I hardly ever argue so I usually remember when we do. The 2 dumbest involved a bag of chips and Bruce Springsteen.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Our dumbest... and I mean dumbest argument is that "if you are left of center, you are in your right mind..." hahaha... we argued round and round this for hours... and we still bring it up as that is our dumbest argument of all time. Drunk people understand it and can back me up... I would like to admit we were drunk during this fight - but neither one of us drink....
Old 10-18-2016, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my goodness, luckily we don't argue much, but one of the dumbest happened before a football game recently. Hubby has these super awesome ASU shorts (super long with black/gold stripes) for games and he tried to wear a polo TUCKED IN with them. No. Just no. I made a smart comment and I guess I offended him, because it went on from there. He did change into a tee, though.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I tend to not remember our arguments. They always end up with me being right though hahaaha
Old 10-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I wish I was a person who rarely argues, but I am not. I can make a debate or argument up about pretty much anything. So, hubby and I have many little arguments through the week and they are pretty much all stupid. I can't remember any of them specifically... you'd have to ask me when one happened recently.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I tend to not remember our arguments. They always end up with me being right though hahaaha
So do ours.

Which then we argue about.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We go through cycles of arguing and I rarely remember anything we've argued about (even if at the time it seems soooooo life changing and momentous). I do remember a time, it wasn't so much an argument as I think he was a bit flabbergasted, that I had a leftover 6 inch sub from Subway in the fridge and he ate it. And I really, really wanted it. (I was also pregnant, in my defense.) And I actually cried about it.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 10-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I don't remember a thing about what we argue, but we argue a lot... We are really a pair of debaters that would stand our own ground no matter what
Old 10-18-2016, 09:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitinmn View Post
I do remember a time, it wasn't so much an argument as I think he was a bit flabbergasted, that I had a leftover 6 inch sub from Subway in the fridge and he ate it. And I really, really wanted it. (I was also pregnant, in my defense.) And I actually cried about it.
This is a legit argument on your half. You do not mess with a preggo lady's food. It's very serious business. It might seem silly, but it's totally not. lol
Old 10-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think we only argue about stupid crap. We get along really well but we can exasperate each other now and then too.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Okay so I bought this up last night and my husband said probably the dumbest argument we got in to was when my oldest asked us "if someone served you human meat for dinner, and you didn't know it, would that make you a cannibal?" For days, we debated if it would make you one or not. And even last night, we still disagree!! It's probably the dumbest, and most on-going disagreement we have; like it's ever going to happen and only because my then 14-year old wanted to know what we thought!
Old 10-20-2016, 11:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

About me making chili with no onions. He didn't eat it either. ROFL

Old 10-20-2016, 12:44 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Dumbest argument between my parents and I a little over three years ago and I guess is still on-going "Why did you ever get pregnant?" as if getting pregnant after being married 15+ years, in a stable living environment is a bad idea.....not sure why my parents got bent out of shape about it, but to me, it's one of the dumbest because he was a planned pregnancy as we tried to get pregnant for nine years prior!

Ack! My husband is the same way about buying things for himself (yes usually video games or movies) right before Christmas! Glad I'm not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

IMHO my parents dumbest argument was over pine needles embedded in the floor mat of the car. My at-the-time boyfriend (now husband) had to sit listening to this agonizing argument/discussion about "were they long pine needles or short pine needles? Did they come from the parking lot or from the driveway or maybe BFs house?" For 30 minutes while waiting for me to arrive.
To this day, when either of us starts a dumb argument the other will throw up their hands and say "pine needles!!" That usually breaks the tension, makes us laugh and realize whatever we're discussing is pretty dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2016, 06:18 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
He doesn't understand he's a HARD person to shop for and buys what he wants, when he wants without letting anyone have the chance to buy it for him! I guess this is the dumbest on-going bicker we have every year and usually about this time of the year!
LOL we have the same argument, but in reverse. My husband is always complaining that I'm tough to shop for because I just go out and buy what I want, when I want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Hahaha the same happens in this household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I wish I was a person who rarely argues, but I am not. I can make a debate or argument up about pretty much anything. So, hubby and I have many little arguments through the week and they are pretty much all stupid. I can't remember any of them specifically... you'd have to ask me when one happened recently.
We're exactly the same. If I'm in a bad mood, my husband cops it... I'm a trained lawyer which makes it even worse for him, LOL. The arguments end up being stupid things with us too, but I figure it's better to argue about stupid and hug and kiss at the end of it. At least we don't have anything better to argue about and it's very quickly forgotten.