Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-22-2019, 02:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default March Passport...How are you doing?

There are 9 days left in March (honestly, I don't know where this month went. LOL!).

How are you doing on your March Passport challenge LOs?

Do you have any challenges that you are struggling with?
Old 03-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm trying to get 12 done this month, I think I just finished my 8th one.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have 6 to go.
My Grandpa passed away on Wednesday and that has kind of made scrapping a bit more challenging (added to the challenges we're having with my oldest son). I'm leaving for CA on Sunday to help my mom.

The one that is challenging me the most is #2 - scrap with a designer outside my comfort zone. I think I've scrapped with kits from every designer here at SSD, and I'm comfortable with them all, so I'm not sure what to do with this one.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I'm trying to get 12 done this month, I think I just finished my 8th one.
That's great, Val!!
Are there any that are a more of a struggle that you've left for later?
Old 03-22-2019, 02:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry about your grandpa...but what a blessing to have had him for so many years!

I just finished my 14th layout and down to the last 4... for one, I need a friend to send some pictures, so I hope she hurries up with that! Then I'm down to seasonal, featured designer & wild-card. Featured designer is hard for me because I think toooooo much about the "inspiration" piece. I really can't believe I've done 18+18+14=50(!!!) pages this year. Last year I did 3 besides my weekly PL. (Full disclosure, I'm suuuuuper behind on this year's PL!)
Old 03-22-2019, 02:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've got 6 left to do, I'm not struggling with them as such because they're all easy but I've got a scrappy block which sucks, I have deleted so many pages the past 2 weeks because they annoy me lol. Tonight once I've ate I'm going to try and finish 2 pages I have saved so fingers crossed for me.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I was really inspired this month and breezed through the challenges. I think I was finished by the 15th, which is crazy for me. I think I've only finished blackout once, so I'm pretty proud of myself! I also got 2 GSOs and an almost GSO... which made me feel really on top of my game.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I have 6 to go.
My Grandpa passed away on Wednesday and that has kind of made scrapping a bit more challenging (added to the challenges we're having with my oldest son). I'm leaving for CA on Sunday to help my mom.

The one that is challenging me the most is #2 - scrap with a designer outside my comfort zone. I think I've scrapped with kits from every designer here at SSD, and I'm comfortable with them all, so I'm not sure what to do with this one.
I'm so sorry about your grandpa Tammy.

Maybe for the challenging one, scrap with a kit you don't like. That's what I did. I hate the colors orange and brown together (the Gamer kit)

Only 9 days left in March?? I'm screwed!
I still have 6 to do after I finish the one I'm working on now.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:40 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

This is the first time I've been able to participate, and i'm having a lot of fun with it. I have one more to do to finish the entire passport! It has been helping me to feel more creative. As I have been completely lacking in that department lately, but still have the itch for - if that makes any sense. Haha!
Old 03-22-2019, 04:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am officially DONE! I still need to post a couple, but all the prompts have been finished!!!

Tammy, for the different designer style one, maybe try scrapping in a style you don't normally scrap? If you don't normally do pocket pages, try one of those? I scrapped a heavily paint splatter layout (I'm really bad with paints). Or look through you stash and see who you don't have many kits from (like maybe only 1 from a certain designer?) And scrap with that kit or purchase a new one from them? Just some ideas!!!

There are still 9 days left in this month....so those of you struggling, if you did 2 layouts a day, you could have a total of 18 more layouts finished!!! You can do it!!!!!
Old 03-22-2019, 05:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I'm so sorry about your grandpa...but what a blessing to have had him for so many years!

I just finished my 14th layout and down to the last 4... for one, I need a friend to send some pictures, so I hope she hurries up with that! Then I'm down to seasonal, featured designer & wild-card. Featured designer is hard for me because I think toooooo much about the "inspiration" piece. I really can't believe I've done 18+18+14=50(!!!) pages this year. Last year I did 3 besides my weekly PL. (Full disclosure, I'm suuuuuper behind on this year's PL!)
Thank you, Rebecca! He was 104 (2 months, 3 days shy of 105)

Wow!! You're doing an awesome job, especially with going back to work! LOL! I think in the description of PL it should have the disclosure "you will always be behind" You can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I've got 6 left to do, I'm not struggling with them as such because they're all easy but I've got a scrappy block which sucks, I have deleted so many pages the past 2 weeks because they annoy me lol. Tonight once I've ate I'm going to try and finish 2 pages I have saved so fingers crossed for me.
Aaaw! I'm sorry, Gemma! It sucks when you don't like the way your LOs are coming out. Hang in there! I'm sure you'll get them where you want them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
I was really inspired this month and breezed through the challenges. I think I was finished by the 15th, which is crazy for me. I think I've only finished blackout once, so I'm pretty proud of myself! I also got 2 GSOs and an almost GSO... which made me feel really on top of my game.
That's awesome, Karli-Marie!! You had some amazing LOs this month! Congrats on the GSOs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I'm so sorry about your grandpa Tammy.

Maybe for the challenging one, scrap with a kit you don't like. That's what I did. I hate the colors orange and brown together (the Gamer kit)

Only 9 days left in March?? I'm screwed!
I still have 6 to do after I finish the one I'm working on now.
Thank you, Lea!

LOL! I saw that your note about not liking the colors of the kit. It made me laugh!
You can do it! Only 6 in 9 days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargschick View Post
This is the first time I've been able to participate, and i'm having a lot of fun with it. I have one more to do to finish the entire passport! It has been helping me to feel more creative. As I have been completely lacking in that department lately, but still have the itch for - if that makes any sense. Haha!
I'm so glad you're participating this month, Janice! And, finishing the whole thing in your first month, that's awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I am officially DONE! I still need to post a couple, but all the prompts have been finished!!!

Tammy, for the different designer style one, maybe try scrapping in a style you don't normally scrap? If you don't normally do pocket pages, try one of those? I scrapped a heavily paint splatter layout (I'm really bad with paints). Or look through you stash and see who you don't have many kits from (like maybe only 1 from a certain designer?) And scrap with that kit or purchase a new one from them? Just some ideas!!!

There are still 9 days left in this month....so those of you struggling, if you did 2 layouts a day, you could have a total of 18 more layouts finished!!! You can do it!!!!!
Congratulations, Dawn! That's fantastic!!
After I posted about struggling with #2, I realized that I haven't scrapped with anything from Simple Pleasure Designs yet, although I've bough a few... maybe I'll do that
Old 03-22-2019, 07:29 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I have two to go and a few more comments to leave in the gallery so I'll be aiming to be done by the end of the weekend. I'm not completely happy with some of my layouts but they will do for the challenges and then I can decide later whether or not to add them to my photo books for printing. The ones I have left are the easy ones, the font and wild card so I'm done with the tricky ones.

Old 03-23-2019, 02:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGeling View Post
I have two to go and a few more comments to leave in the gallery so I'll be aiming to be done by the end of the weekend. I'm not completely happy with some of my layouts but they will do for the challenges and then I can decide later whether or not to add them to my photo books for printing. The ones I have left are the easy ones, the font and wild card so I'm done with the tricky ones.
That's awesome, Kim!!
LOL! I always tell myself to do the difficult ones first, but then human nature takes over and I do the easy ones
Old 03-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so close.....I've got 3 left to do!!!! Yay for me! I'm glad I worked a lot last week on my challenges so this wk is totally doable to finish them up.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I'm so close.....I've got 3 left to do!!!! Yay for me! I'm glad I worked a lot last week on my challenges so this wk is totally doable to finish them up.
Oh, you'll be done in no time, Rae!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2019, 12:37 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just 2-and-a-title to go!
Old 03-24-2019, 07:05 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Season 3 and 4 of 'The 100' on Netflix stole my nights this month (oops!). I think I've completed 5 layouts from March's Passport.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 03-24-2019, 02:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't scrapped much this month since my old computer has finally just slowed down too much. Conveniently Dell had a sale, so I ordered a new one and spent a lot of the last few weeks organizing and purging my scrap stash. I'll try again in April.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2019, 04:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely no desire in the month of March to do any scrapping. I think I have created maybe 6-7 and they actually all were for CT duties Hoping my mojo comes back in April.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

4 to go!
Old 03-24-2019, 08:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

6 to go, but on spring break this week ... so it might come down to crunch time if I finish the last 6.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am SO behind!! I don't know how I'll finish. I think I only have done. I'm going to try though!
Old 03-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay.....one to go for me and its the wildcard challenge so that means I can scrap anything I want. What a great way to finish this up!
Old 03-25-2019, 12:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Just 2-and-a-title to go!
That's fantastic, Rebecca!! Way to go!

Old 03-25-2019, 12:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
Season 3 and 4 of 'The 100' on Netflix stole my nights this month (oops!). I think I've completed 5 layouts from March's Passport.
Haha!! That's funny! Maybe you can get a few more done!

Old 03-25-2019, 12:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I haven't scrapped much this month since my old computer has finally just slowed down too much. Conveniently Dell had a sale, so I ordered a new one and spent a lot of the last few weeks organizing and purging my scrap stash. I'll try again in April.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yay for a new computer!!

Old 03-25-2019, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
Absolutely no desire in the month of March to do any scrapping. I think I have created maybe 6-7 and they actually all were for CT duties Hoping my mojo comes back in April.
I hope your mojo comes back in April, Debbie! Maybe the beautiful spring weather will help!

Old 03-25-2019, 12:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
4 to go!
That's awesome, Lea!! Even your move didn't slow you down!!

Old 03-25-2019, 12:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
6 to go, but on spring break this week ... so it might come down to crunch time if I finish the last 6.
You can do it, Ella!!! Enjoy spring break! Did you go on a trip, or just enjoying relaxing at home?

Old 03-25-2019, 12:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post
I am SO behind!! I don't know how I'll finish. I think I only have done. I'm going to try though!
You can do it, Kelley!

Old 03-25-2019, 12:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yay.....one to go for me and its the wildcard challenge so that means I can scrap anything I want. What a great way to finish this up!
That's a great one to leave for last! It's kind of a reward to get to scrap anything you would like!

Old 03-25-2019, 12:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm at my mom's in CA helping get ready for my Grandpa's funeral, and clean out his house. I brought my laptop so I can scrap at night. My plan is to finish all 18!! I still have 6 to go

Old 03-25-2019, 12:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm at my mom's in CA helping get ready for my Grandpa's funeral, and clean out his house. I brought my laptop so I can scrap at night. My plan is to finish all 18!! I still have 6 to go

Just wanted to send hugs for you as you help your family in this difficult time. I hope scrapping gets your mind off things and brings joy. It's not easy losing loved ones.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Just wanted to send hugs for you as you help your family in this difficult time. I hope scrapping gets your mind off things and brings joy. It's not easy losing loved ones.
Thank you so much, Rae It was really strange being at my Grandpa's house without him there. I am looking forward to scrapping in the evenings.

Old 03-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thank you so much, Rae It was really strange being at my Grandpa's house without him there. I am looking forward to scrapping in the evenings.

Good luck to you Tammy!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have one left to do, but it's the list one, and I really hate those. I just don't normally scrap lists of things I want to do, but the things that I've already done, so it's hard to get excited about making a page I will probably never print. I've tried to think outside the box on this one, but nothing is working for me. I'll most likely just whip something up and call it done, lol. I've loved all the other challenges this month, though!

Old 03-25-2019, 09:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Good luck to you Tammy!
Thank you, Lea!!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I have one left to do, but it's the list one, and I really hate those. I just don't normally scrap lists of things I want to do, but the things that I've already done, so it's hard to get excited about making a page I will probably never print. I've tried to think outside the box on this one, but nothing is working for me. I'll most likely just whip something up and call it done, lol. I've loved all the other challenges this month, though!
You can do it, Ally!!
Maybe you could do it with a scrapbook slant? Are there any skills that you want to learn?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
You can do it, Ally!!
Maybe you could do it with a scrapbook slant? Are there any skills that you want to learn?
Thanks, Tammy! I figured out how to put my list on a Project Life spread, so I feel good about the whole thing now. Hoping to get it finished and uploaded by the weekend.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Thanks, Tammy! I figured out how to put my list on a Project Life spread, so I feel good about the whole thing now. Hoping to get it finished and uploaded by the weekend.
Awesome!! I'm glad you found a way to make it work!
Old 03-28-2019, 04:14 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I finished, but mostly because I was laid up with a cold last weekend. I didn't have energy for much, but it's easy to let my creative brain take over and play on the computer. I'm still feeling crummy, but I'm hoping the silver lining will be more layouts completed towards my son's baby book! The Failure prompt was SO hard!! I really hate admitting defeat, and not just to post about it, but make a whole layout dedicated to it - ahhhh!!! It's done, but definitely was a huge challenge for me.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperL788 View Post
I finished, but mostly because I was laid up with a cold last weekend. I didn't have energy for much, but it's easy to let my creative brain take over and play on the computer. I'm still feeling crummy, but I'm hoping the silver lining will be more layouts completed towards my son's baby book! The Failure prompt was SO hard!! I really hate admitting defeat, and not just to post about it, but make a whole layout dedicated to it - ahhhh!!! It's done, but definitely was a huge challenge for me.
Congratulations!! I'm sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you had some time to scrap!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It looks like I'm not going to finish my Passport this month. I'm bummed, but like last year, I'm sure it will be the only month I don't finish. I'm not sure what it is about March, but the last 2 years March has not been my favorite
Old 03-29-2019, 03:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I still have 4 pages to go, I don't know what's wrong with me this month, it's like I haven't had time to sit and scrap but I've not been any busier than other months! Hopefully I can get them done but I won't stress if I can't.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I still have 4 pages to go, I don't know what's wrong with me this month, it's like I haven't had time to sit and scrap but I've not been any busier than other months! Hopefully I can get them done but I won't stress if I can't.
I'm sure you can get them done, Gemma!!
Old 03-31-2019, 02:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I still have 4 pages to do as well, too many stuff happenings in my household this month (3 bday celebrations, a lot of kids' sports and work has been busy too)
I thought I'll be done earlier since I love the prompts for this month