Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default It's almost time for SR!

How are you bringing in the new year regarding your supplies? I'm sure the designers would love to see you buy their products.

Show us what you are planning on getting

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 01-03-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Still a whole week away so this could totally change, but this is what I want thus far:

I can't decide between these two:
Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here is what I decided on

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 01-10-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
Here is what I decided on

I like some of your first choices better

great buys!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Psht, SR's? That requires me to have actually scrapped something last month :P

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 01-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Not to sound dumb but what is SR?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't know either....
Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leontine78 View Post
I don't know either....
They are the Sweet Rewards. Sweet Rewards are the discount that is earned by completing Portfolio challenges. If you earn 30 points you receive a 40% discount the next month which is good for one week. It is a crazy fantastic deal and every month we post a thread to show what we are thinking of buying.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here is what is in the my cart right now:

I'm on the fence as to whether to get the stitches, or drop the stitches and add Traci and Meg's This Year. I'm still mulling for a bit before checking out.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

OK clear!

I will never complete everything....too much for me....and some things are too American too....
So I will enjoy my 20% each week
Old 01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesmom View Post
Here is what is in the my cart right now:

I'm on the fence as to whether to get the stitches, or drop the stitches and add Traci and Meg's This Year. I'm still mulling for a bit before checking out.
Stitches are cheap! get both hehe
Old 01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
Why am I not surprised this is your answer. I'm half expecting Meg to come in here and say the same thing. I will probably add it to my cart anyways. I'm sucker for any pink and from SSD.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriesmom View Post
Why am I not surprised this is your answer. I'm half expecting Meg to come in here and say the same thing. I will probably add it to my cart anyways. I'm sucker for any pink and from SSD.
well..

I do love that My Year kit..I JUST scrapped with it (ok..been working on that LO since Dec 30th haha) but anyways I finished it this am and uploaded...i very rarely scrap w/my own stuff if that says anything!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
OK clear!

I will never complete everything....too much for me....and some things are too American too....
So I will enjoy my 20% each week
You can do it. I'm European, single and childless and I still managed to achieve the 40% discount for like 8 times last year. You just have to think creatively and ignore the too concrete ones (like the too American ones). If you want to, drop me a PM. :-)

Of course, even the 20% every Saturday are OK if you don't feel like doing challenges. I thought last year I wouldn't want to, but then they've grown on me so much. :-)

Old 01-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

How does it work then exactly?
I know you get 1 pnt per layout and an extra pnt for new kits in the first week.

And do you need 30 or more points to earn the 40%?

I have to tell you I am a slow scrapper, so I never thought of joining. I only made 35 layouts last year.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
I was going to say this, too! I will say, being someone who is kind of afraid of the pink & girly kits, I totally LOVE LOVE LOVED My Year! It's SOOOO soft and beautiful. You need it.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I know you get 1 pnt per layout and an extra pnt for new kits in the first week.

I have to tell you I am a slow scrapper, so I never thought of joining. I only made 35 layouts last year.
I think 10pts gets you 20%, 20 pts gets you 30%, and 30 pts gets you 40% - so you don't necessarily have to get 30 pts, you still get a discount it's just smaller. It is fun to challenge yourself at least a couple times to get those 30 pts - I am a slow scrapper too so I have only done it like 2 times I think, but it's SO rewarding when you do it!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 01-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Here is the FAQ thread for the Portfolio. I think it will answer a lot of the questions you have: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ad.php?t=37580
Old 01-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i can't remember. is the % off of everything? or one thing?
it's been a while..

Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
You can do it. I'm European, single and childless and I still managed to achieve the 40% discount for like 8 times last year. You just have to think creatively and ignore the too concrete ones (like the too American ones). If you want to, drop me a PM. :-)

Of course, even the 20% every Saturday are OK if you don't feel like doing challenges. I thought last year I wouldn't want to, but then they've grown on me so much. :-)
I agree I live on the other side of the world and have no kids. This is my first time (January) to do the challenges after waffling about whether or not to do them for a year, lol!!! I'm at 15 points now (my goal was really just the 10) and I didn't realize how much fun they were. Totally adapting the prompts to you works Plus I love that I am getting to use my SSD stash.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's what I have!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I decided on:

Last edited by lovely1m; 01-10-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I caved and got My Year in addition to my other stuff.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshobbes View Post
I agree I live on the other side of the world and have no kids. This is my first time (January) to do the challenges after waffling about whether or not to do them for a year, lol!!! I'm at 15 points now (my goal was really just the 10) and I didn't realize how much fun they were. Totally adapting the prompts to you works Plus I love that I am getting to use my SSD stash.
Exactly. A year ago, when the portfolio system started, I thought it was nothing for me because the challenges are mostly family and kiddo oriented. However, I learned by doing that it was not so. With the exception of very specific ones one can adapt them to one's needs. Since I also scrap for friends who have kids but don't scrap, I could do the kiddo ones when I felt like it.

In addition to using one's stash (yay) it's helped me in a lot of ways - trying out new styles and approach LOs in ways I'd never thought of myself, which was an immensely good thing. I also started doing hybrid card and I'm totally immersed. My Photoshop skills also improved a LOT in the past year thanks to all this.

If someone doesn't scrap that much, it's best to do the 2-point ones or the 5-point ones and use NR bonus points with them. Thus, for like 5 LOs you get 15 points. It's also possible to do 2-pagers using 2 challenges - one page using one challenge, another one using another challenge - you can't COMBINE challenges, but if you approach 2-pagers like this, it's OK.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I did print the portfolio last week.....I might give it a shot next month...I'm already far behind. Although I did make a layout with fresh in it! hahaha...
Old 01-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I did print the portfolio last week.....I might give it a shot next month...I'm already far behind. Although I did make a layout with fresh in it! hahaha...
YAY for your layout!!! Not to sound pushy (lol), but there's still time left, even to hit the 10 points for 20% off! As Adrianka said, if you don't scrap much try the 2-point tasks I also forgot to mention that everything I've been using so far have not qualified for NR. Actually some kits have also just been retired, lol.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The point of the whole thing is to have fun, to scrap, to use one's stash, to improve one's skill, sometimes to get a kick for the sleepy Muse.

The only thing that is not allowed is to stress oneself with it. I have the tendency to get anxious about things, so I could very easily find myself obsessing with points and such, but I told myself I wouldn't and in the months when I didn't feel like aiming for the 40% I didn't, and when I noticed the obsessive tendency, I slowed down deliberately.

Actually, it was in the months when I didn't plan anything that I got the most points. My scrapping goals seem to harmonise with the challenges at those times - I never want to end up scrapping what I don't feel like just because of the points! That would be totally against the whole goal.

This month I decided to take a break, and I'm happy about it, too. Still, I'm sure to come back sooner or later, because it's so inspiring and fun. :-)

Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
The first time I did the portfolio I started with only 5 days left in the month - and had 30 points with a day to spare. I took full advantage of NR & hybrid points that month

You can do it!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I love SR but I have done so much shopping here lately that I need to take a little break. I got SR the last 3 months (40%) plus I spent $ at NSD, Black Friday, and GGG sales. I have about 5 kits that still need to be unzipped on my hard drive. So with that being said I am going to use my SR this week (can't let it go to waste). I am going to pass on the January Portfolio and wait for February instead.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
The first time I did the portfolio I started with only 5 days left in the month - and had 30 points with a day to spare. I took full advantage of NR & hybrid points that month

You can do it!
I think most of you are not scrapping the portfolio just for the 40% but mostly for the joy of scrapbooking. For me that counts most of all.

My goal for this year is to scrap 1 or 2 layouts a week....and it works for now. But I just don't have the time to spend every evening on creating layouts. That would stress me out, hahaha.

So I will try to do some more layouts this month. But first I have to learn how to place my layouts in a post....possibly through Photobucket.

So you got me going
Old 01-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Girls, you give me so much help....
A little question on the points though.

Let say I have made challenge 15 and 10 in one layout + using a new release. Is that 3 points then?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I definitely do the portfolio for the love of scrapbooking. I knew that November and December were going to be crazy, so I didn't try to get to 30 points, but I did a few of the portfolio challenges because they inspire me. I did my first portfolio so quickly because I needed a real challenge to get me scrapping again - I hadn't scrapped a page in weeks, maybe months.

You don't need Photobucket to put your layouts in the post - just upload them to the gallery here then link to your layout in the gallery. I know I've seen threads here that explain how to do that. Basically, you right-click on the image in the gallery to get the location where the image is stored, then click on the photo icon in the forum and paste the location into the window that pops up.

As far as the challenges go, each challenge has to be completed in a separate layout. You can do one challenge for the left page and another for the right page of a two-page layout, though. If you use a new kit, you would get three points.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Girls, you give me so much help....
A little question on the points though.

Let say I have made challenge 15 and 10 in one layout + using a new release. Is that 3 points then?
You can't combine challenges. So if you've only done ONE layout, it can only count for ONE challenge. You'll have to decide weather you want to apply it to #15 or #10. So that's 1 point for the challenge and then 1 point for the new release for a total of 2 points.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry....last question.
How do I put my layouts in? If I click on the image and then copy in the url where my page is in the layout gallery....I only see a red cross. What am I doing wrong here?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You don't want to copy the url of the page, you want to copy the actual location of your photo on the server. How you get the location of the photo depends upon your browser. In Firefox, I can right-click on the picture and select "copy image location". In Internet Explorer, I right-click on the image and select "properties", then copy the image location from the properties screen. I don't have experience with the other browsers, but there are girls here who do.

Please don't apologize for asking questions. We're happy to help
Old 01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Kate, but I only see a http address there.
But I managed to link to Photobucket and it's working....I only hope I could do it a little faster
Old 01-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I guess both the link and the photo location are http addresses. I'm looking at one of my layouts now; the web page in the gallery is https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...07&ppuser=9668 and when I right-click on the image to get it's location I get https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...0108-Focus.jpg. The links are showing up shortened in this post, but your photo location should have the filename with a ".jpg" at the end. They're both showing up as links right now because I just pasted them into this post. To show the photo image, there should be [img][/img] tags around the url.

I'm sorry, I don't think I'm explaining this very well. I wish I could find one of the other posts explaining it.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Am I the only one that sits on my SR all week? I've found if I purchase first thing Monday morning I end up with buyer's remorse (usually stuff I wanted but forgot I wanted).