Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Suggestions for scrapping a death

My grandfather passed away earlier this year at 98 years old. At some point I'll do a full layout with photos and the text from my father's eulogy. But right now I'm scrapping that week for Project Life, and I need some suggestions about how to do it. I have 3 pockets set aside. One is a photo and one is text, and those I'm set with. But I want to do something decorative and somber in the last pocket, either word art, a quote, or a few elements. What would you do, or what kits/elements come to mind? So far the best I've come up with is something like, "Missing you" with a heart element.

If it helps, one of the things that meant the most to my grandfather was his service in WWII. He kept in touch with his army buddies until his death, memorabilia from his war days were his prized possessions, and he always wore a hat that said WWII Veteran. To make the layout more challenging, that week my son and I had birthdays so most of the layout is bright and fun. (I'm using the SSD Collab A Very Manly Birthday for most of it.) Thanks!

Last edited by rach3975; 07-02-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I"m sorry for your loss! Maybe something from these kits would help?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry for your loss.

Maybe you want something from Heather's Army kit?

I think I would also add two pages focusing on the birthday fun from the week after the regular week pages but that's just me.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the kit suggestions, those are very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
I think I would also add two pages focusing on the birthday fun from the week after the regular week pages but that's just me.
Each birthday will get its own traditional page with just a couple of the best photos, but any other birthday photos I want to include go on my main PL page for the week. Between the PL spread and the traditional pages about my grandfather and each birthday, I'm already up to 5 pages from that week. I scrap too slowly to separate anything else out if I want to finish 2015 eventually!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Each birthday will get its own traditional page with just a couple of the best photos, but any other birthday photos I want to include go on my main PL page for the week. Between the PL spread and the traditional pages about my grandfather and each birthday, I'm already up to 5 pages from that week. I scrap too slowly to separate anything else out if I want to finish 2015 eventually!
All that you are doing sounds wonderful. I have yet to complete a whole PL myself.