Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2015, 01:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you always say goodnight to your SO?

Just wondering. I don't always, but then when HE goes to bed w/o saying goodnight I feel all weird and rejected.

NEEEEEDY, right?
Old 02-01-2015, 01:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nope...not needy. We always say "goodnight" & "love you" before going to bed. It's usually me going to bed first & i'll say it. If he goes to bed first & doesn't say it, it's weird. Or he can tell if I'm mad about something because I won't say it.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We say it every night. It's almost always DH going to bed first, but even if he's half asleep he'll mumble a "good night" as he heads upstairs. I don't know why, but I'm big on saying goodnight and saying goodbye when people leave the house (which DH doesn't always do--and yes, I feel weird about it).
Old 02-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I fall asleep while reading, but with the light on and everything. But he went to bed, lights out and door closed and everything and didn't say goodnight

Why do I feel like he's mad?
Old 02-01-2015, 01:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Bah! Someone smack me.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Why do I feel like he's mad?
I'd feel that way too.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:09 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We always say goodnight, and we always kiss. It just feels wrong not to. Aaron has this thing about us going to bed at the same time, too. I used to feel so annoyed when he would insist, but now it's a habit. Unless one of us has to work late on the computer or we are sick... we head to bed at the same time.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:12 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Aw, Val... I would wonder if he was mad, too. Sometimes men do things like that without even thinking about feelings, though. Maybe he didn't want to wake you?

I know I would obsess. In fact, I have done annoying things like wake up Aaron to make him say goodnight when he forgets. Aren't I nice? LOL

Old 02-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
In fact, I have done annoying things like wake up Aaron to make him say goodnight when he forgets. Aren't I nice? LOL
I've done that too! I don't want to think or worry that he's upset when 90% of the time, it's just slipped his mind.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I usually say goodnight to my honey buns and smack his butt if hes standing up. Lol. We go to bed at the same time during the week but he usually stays up later during weekends playing video games. If i dont say goodnight, im annoyed about something and if he doesnt say good night its because hes too tired to function.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We almost always go to bed at the same time, but if he's staying up late to watch sports, we'll say goodnight beforehand. In bed just before we go to sleep he'll give me a kiss and say Sweet Dreams. Every time. Ahh...so sweet.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Always!! Always a good night kiss Even if one of us is going to bed before the other.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Occasionally... my husband is often still at work when I go to bed. If he is home, he's often fallen asleep on the lounge in front of the TV. On the occasion when we're both still awake when I go to bed (I'm the first in bed 99% of the time since I'm an early riser), I'll say goodnight.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

We say goodnight almost every night, unless I fall asleep when he gets to bed. I get on the bed first because we co-sleep our son
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes... unless I'm sick and I have fallen asleep before he comes to bed. We also go to bed at the same time - however, he usually always goes to sleep before me, and I will be sitting up reading, watching tv, or working on the computer.

He also will say goodbye in the morning when leaves for work and gives me a kiss - when he doesn't, then I feel like he is mad at me... haha... but when he is stressed and thinking about work, is when he forgets.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:01 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I don't even know how to answer this question. Unless we've decided to watch a movie together (which we do about once a week lately), we barely talk to each other at all once the kids are in bed. We are both introverts and use that time to do our own thing and regroup. He'll often fall asleep in the bedroom while he's watching something on TV, and I'll often fall asleep reading. We do say goodnight sometimes, but it's definitely not a thing that we feel like we need to do. We do make sure to say goodbye before either one of us leaves the house, but we just don't have a very cuddly relationship. It's not who we are. I sure do love him though.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I go to bed before Dave every night, but he comes up to bed and cuddles and tucks me in before he heads back downstairs to play video game or whatever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jenn Barrette; 02-01-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbamf2you View Post
I usually say goodnight to my honey buns and smack his butt if hes standing up. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
I don't even know how to answer this question. Unless we've decided to watch a movie together (which we do about once a week lately), we barely talk to each other at all once the kids are in bed. We are both introverts and use that time to do our own thing and regroup. He'll often fall asleep in the bedroom while he's watching something on TV, and I'll often fall asleep reading. We do say goodnight sometimes, but it's definitely not a thing that we feel like we need to do. We do make sure to say goodbye before either one of us leaves the house, but we just don't have a very cuddly relationship. It's not who we are. I sure do love him though.
I am quite certain that this is how my ds will be if he ever marries. There is another introvert in his group of friends, a girl, and the joke that goes around is that if the two of them ever got married they'd never be in the same room as each other, lol!
Old 02-01-2015, 11:55 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd
Default Do you always say goodnight to your SO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I am quite certain that this is how my ds will be if he ever marries. There is another introvert in his group of friends, a girl, and the joke that goes around is that if the two of them ever got married they'd never be in the same room as each other, lol!

Lol. Yeah. My high school friends used to tease me because I don't like people to be touching me if we're sitting next to each other or whatever. They were always laughing about what it would be like when I got married.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
Gosh, this is completely the same as how things are at my house!! We usually DO end up saying goodnight to each other, but it's not something I feel incomplete without.

I will say though, that I tend to overthink things (like you guys are saying about him going to bed without saying goodnight and thinking he's mad at you about something) and have discovered for my husband at least, it's almost NEVER about me or him being mad at me. He just doesn't think about it because his brain isn't wired that way (so for example, if I went to bed without saying anything to him, he'd never think "is she mad at me?!?!" - he probably wouldn't give it a second thought). This was something hard learned in our marriage, I took a lot of things (and still do, sometimes) way too personally when really he just...didn't think of it.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 02-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitinmn View Post
Gosh, this is completely the same as how things are at my house!! We usually DO end up saying goodnight to each other, but it's not something I feel incomplete without.

I will say though, that I tend to overthink things (like you guys are saying about him going to bed without saying goodnight and thinking he's mad at you about something) and have discovered for my husband at least, it's almost NEVER about me or him being mad at me. He just doesn't think about it because his brain isn't wired that way (so for example, if I went to bed without saying anything to him, he'd never think "is she mad at me?!?!" - he probably wouldn't give it a second thought). This was something hard learned in our marriage, I took a lot of things (and still do, sometimes) way too personally when really he just...didn't think of it.
There have been times where I'll walk around paranoid for a week before I finally break down and say something like, "What did I do? Why are you acting so weird? Can we talk about this????" And he'll be like, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Women WAY over-think things sometimes for sure.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes! And unless he's working super late we always go to bed together… And then I usually still wait up for him.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We 95% of the time go to bed at the same time and we say goodnight in the bed and try to say i love you too....if by chance one of us goes to bed before the other then we always say goodnight.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

always.
I also need a kiss and "I love you" before he leaves. ya just never know.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely. We ALWAYS say it and it drives me crazy if one of my kids goes to bed without saying goodnight and giving me a hug and kiss. I feel violated. I know it sounds odd, but I need that. I gave my grandma a hug and kiss and said goodnight to her every night when I was living at home. If she fell asleep before I went to bed, I'd wake her and give her a hug and kiss. She slept on the couch in the living room and was always a super light sleeper anyway so she liked to know where we all were. Sean and I have always said goodnight, sweet dreams, God bless, and love you before bed. We sleep on different shifts. He works while I'm sleeping, I work while he's sleeping. I tell him good night in the morning as he is coming home from work and I am going to work. He tells me good night before he goes to work at night. If he is going in early or working some strange shift, I'll text him to say good night before I go to sleep. I also get a 'good morning sexy' text EVERY.SINGLE.MORNING during the school year when I am working. In the summer I'm usually still sleeping when he gets home so he tells me in person.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One of my boys will come in and say good night no matter how late he is up, as long as he can still see that my Kindle is still lit up. I always have to grab the covers and pull them up over my chest because I'm paranoid about my boobs around teenage boys, lol! He's my huggie lovie kid.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep. I'm a total introvert and we are definitely in the don't need to speak category but we always say something nice to each other before bed."I have great affection for you", "you annoy me less than any other person" . I always tell my girls I love them too, even after yelling or being pissed I remind them that even if I'm soo mad, I love them.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post
Yep. I'm a total introvert and we are definitely in the don't need to speak category but we always say something nice to each other before bed."I have great affection for you", "you annoy me less than any other person" . I always tell my girls I love them too, even after yelling or being pissed I remind them that even if I'm soo mad, I love them.
That's a fave here. "I don't like you very much right now, but I love you."

Old 02-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always do. He's gone so much with the military and could be deployed at a moments notice, so I always say it. I don't know if I won't be able to say it in the near future or not.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I always do. He's gone so much with the military and could be deployed at a moments notice, so I always say it. I don't know if I won't be able to say it in the near future or not.
Aww!
Old 02-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always do. It' s not necessarily long and drawn out but I always say goodnight.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
I go to bed before Dave every night, but he comes up to bed and cuddles and tucks me in before he heads back downstairs to play video game or whatever

Awww...my DH does this too. He's a night owl. I'm just not.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I almost always go to bed before John and always stop tell him good night and I love you and kiss the top of his head.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 02-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post

Well that is just about the most adorable thing I've ever heard.