Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2013, 10:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Question MtFitnessPal users

Do you stay at about the calories suggested or do you come under when you enter your workout?

It's been a week and I'm about 5 outta 7x's under and it says I'm starving my body... Anyone else have this issue o_O

I have lost weight and eat 90% clean so not dure if I should kerp using it. .. Input please....

Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have always found that I need less calories than they say. It may be because I have a very small frame, but if I ate the amount they say I'm supposed to eat, I think I'd actually gain weight!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

A friend of mine using that was having issues with it too. It kept dropping her calories every week, and it got to the point where she felt like she was starving and had almost no energy for working out. Eventually she went back up a little in calories and started losing again.

As helpful as these apps might be, I think we also know our own bodies better than an app, so I'd just make sure you aren't depriving yourself of the right kind of nutrition and eat how you feel is right for your body
Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Disclaimer: not a fitness pal user. Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE? You could do that and see if the numbers are close and go from there. I'm not a calorie counter, I just eat a little less when I'm slacking or my workouts aren't top notch and eat a little more when I'm killing it. I try to eat healthy food the majority of the time with treats every now and then ( because life is too short to never have beer or ice cream :P ) I think what you're eating is most important and that you eat regularly enough that you're not sabotaging your metabolism.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Dawn, lol that's how I feel...

Jen, I think your right. I exercise 7 days a week and I feel great. It's so hard w/clean eaters b/c they say don't count calories so I'm like sighhh... what to do?, what to do? lol

Keely, wow that thing said I should be eating more calories than what I am... It's double the calories on that TDEE calculator, yikes! I'm even more confused now... lol
I'm with you though I need a cheat meal wine, wine and more wine...

I do know that I feel good, not starving or hungry and I've lost weight in my 8 weeks of diet change and exercise regimen. I'll stick it out and see what happens. I don't want to set myself up to FAIL!!

Old 05-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnel View Post

Keely, wow that thing said I should be eating more calories than what I am... It's double the calories on that TDEE calculator, yikes! I'm even more confused now... lol
no that's how many calories your body burns a day with the exercise you are doing..not how many you should be eating

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
no that's how many calories your body burns a day with the exercise you are doing..not how many you should be eating
So went to reead that again... no wonder I was scared.
Thanks Meg. That helps.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hahaha Meg - I love your Avi. I couldn't agree more with it, lol
Old 05-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

The miminum healthy calorie requirement per day is 1200. So My Fitness Pal takes that into consideration. If you are trying to lose weight, you'd not eat the calories you burn off during a workout but stick to the minimum calories per day of 1200. So if was on a 1200 cal diet and was burning off 850 calories a day with my exercise, I would only eat 1200 to lose weight. But if I was maintaining my weight I'd eat what my BMR (basic metabolic rate) would be which is around 1500 calories per day. The more muscle you have the more you burn without doing anything physcial, so Arnold Swarzy baby would burn off a hell of a lot more calories than Kylie Minogue for instance.
So first you have to work out if you are wanting to loose weight, and if you are, then lower your calorie intake by about 500 calories a day (don't go under 1200 cals per day). My Fitness Pal cannot endorse lower calories as anything lower than 1200 is considered starving which is why the message comes up to eat more..
I hope that helps...