Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone from Philadelphia?

So one of my brothers is moving to Philadelphia (in like 2 weeks!) to start grad school at the University of Pennsylvania. (My mom is super anxious because he is moving out there all by himself. He is 23 and super smart but he's still her little boy!)

I know he's probably done a ton of research on the area but I was thinking it would be a nice little extra graduation gift to give him a "Welcome to Philadelphia" folder full of all the info he might need. So I was hoping someone might be able to direct me to different websites (bus, train, museums, shopping, food etc.) where I can hopefully get brochures mailed to me so I can compile all the info.

Or maybe I'll make a stop by AAA and see if I can get a Philadelphia tourist book.

Anyways - any help would be appreciated!

Old 06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Erin, my baby sister lives in Philly, I can hit her up for info if you'd like. Just let me know. -

Public transport: http://www.septa.org/ I remember that one from my own childhood. lol
Old 06-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

My husband was born there and his family lives in Center Valley. I'll ask what must-haves a new peep in town would want to know, since he hasn't been there since he was 3 lol.

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July
Old 06-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Ladies!!! (Leu - I would definitey appreciate you talking to your sister!)

Old 06-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me! Me! Me! I'm 45 mins outside the city! I can help you with whatever you need... email may be easier though, jacbernardo@gmail.com