Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

View Poll Results: Does Santa Wrap His Stocking Stuffers?
Yes 6 28.57%
No 13 61.90%
N/A: Santa isn't a part of our lives 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2020, 11:09 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default Does Santa wrap stocking stuffers?

I want to start off in all sincerity by saying I apologize for posting a thread that isn't fully inclusive. If you don't celebrate Christmas, let alone Santa, skip this. (Or read it for fun? But just know I understand there are other ways of being and secular Christianity is just one of many.)

Okay, disclaimer said, I am curious: Who wraps Santa's gifts? In our home, Santa wraps a book for each child and leaves it on their bed. (This gives me a few more minutes' sleep before DS wakes up.) ETA: I should have said "Does Santa wrap his STOCKING STUFFERS"! I wasn't asking about regular presents under the tree. Oops!

In our house, Santa leaves 2 joint stocking gifts, which usually are a game and a movie and are placed between the kids' stockings on the sofa (the stockings are too full to leave hanging on the mantel). This is the first year in basically ever that I didn't buy a movie for the kids. We stream everything so what's the point? Plus, tomorrow is WW1984 day lol and we're going to just watch that. Why buy it? Anyway, they got a game, Throw Throw Burrito, and a cookbook, the America's Test Kitchen Baking book. NOTHING else is wrapped by Santa, but Santa doesn't give the under-tree gifts. In our house, he only delivers stocking items. (Also, how odd to talk about Santa as if I'm not Santa!)

Last edited by Tree City; 12-25-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, We wrap as much as we can from Santa...Santa brings a gift or two and then the stocking so we wrap what we can. We wrap the candy, legos, cards, etc. Santa usually brings the big gift to the kids. One kid is getting a Nintendo Switch and the teenager is getting a drawing tablet (wacam type thing you use in Photoshop) plus a few other things.

Hubby and I only give our kids 3 gifts to represent the three gifts Jesus got as well...so it is all fairly small at our house. So gift wrapping is not a chore. Our kids usually get a book, clothes, and something fun. This year though they got a trip to Disney then we gave our boys their 2nd gift in Texas before we left. Little guy got a violin (he just started playing for school and it was cheaper than renting). The teen got a home gym equipment kind of like the total gym. Tomorrow they will open up a box with several clothing items (the teen will get a GC from mom and dad to go shopping and a few shirts)....I am not shopping for him alone.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:45 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Santa doesn't wrap anything he leaves at our house. We usually put our blankets near the tree and he puts the gifts under the blankets. Last year, Santa only did stocking stuffers and family gifts-- Nintendo Switch, board game, puzzle, movie-- and I wish we'd have done that from the beginning. (But my kids were kind of like, "but what did he bring for ME?" lol, so we're going back to the old way this year).
Old 12-25-2020, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

There were years when my younger boys were little that we wrapped gifts and then I quickly transitioned to a "Santa doesn't wrap gifts" philosophy. A couple years, I bought really big bags and stuffed them with the gifts for each boy.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

growing up Santa's gifts were never wrapped, nor were items in the stockings. I kept that up with my son as well. The only gifts wrapped were from family. Christmas Eve we were allowed to open one gift and it was always a book. My granny would send money from England and mom would buy us each a book with it and that is what we opened. Still warms my heart when I think of how excited I was to open that gift.
Old 12-25-2020, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We do most of the time, but lately Santa is pretty lazy.

Old 12-25-2020, 04:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

this is a great inquiring minds want to know question
backstory...growing up Santa didn't wrap anything that came to our house, including stocking stuffers.....Santa wrapped EVERYTHING at my hubby's house growing up
backstory #2...we always spend Xmas eve celebrating at my grandmas with aunts and uncles (we opened all of our family gifts on Xmas eve at their house)...my brother and I were the only "kids" until my cousin came along when I was 10 so basically even after that I was a teenager by the time the other 7 grandkids were old enough to enjoy Christmas so we were very spoiled at Christmas
fast forward: when Sam was born in 93 we spent our 1st Christmas with hubby's family and I really enjoyed watching his younger brothers (12 & 14) opening everything on Christmas day and opening one gift on Christmas eve (my MIL always made sure their "Christmas eve" gift was not socks, clothes, underwear or something not so fun lol)...so this tradition carried on into my kids family and now this is what we do ....my kids are now 27,19,14,13 and I have a SIL 30.....but in our house "if you don't believe, you don't receive"
1. Christmas eve you get to pick 1 gift to open
2. We open our Christmas pjs and yearly calendar (my MIL makes us an amazing family calendar every year with birthdays and anniversaries and such & we LOVE it!) ...this is a tradition my MIL started many years ago when there were only 2 grandkids (now there are 9 )...this year our pjs included matching masks that my MIL made (she's a seamstress)
3. Stockings get filled with more than just candy (usually body wash, favorite gift cards, stuffies, slim jims, etc....)
4. Stockings get opened FIRST thing on Xmas morning before any other gifts
5. Santa gifts are ALL wrapped in a different paper per kid (and their stocking is placed in front of their pile of gifts so they know which pile is theirs)
6. then we open everything else lol

this year I had gifts wrapped under the tree from us and the stuff from my mom was under there (she comes over on xmas eve for the kids to open) and the kids opened EVERYTHING that was under the tree last night (even the gifts from us & their sister in Canada) and that will NOT happen again after the kids were doing opening Santa gifts today, it just felt very "underwhelming" ad not christmasey ... hard to explain, but I think because they opened so much last night, it didn't seem like Christmas morning this year...
Old 12-25-2020, 04:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No, Santa doesn't wrap gifts or stocking gifts... I didn't want to run into the issue if Jake found Santa's wrapping paper or if I ran out, etc. Plus I'm lazy and it was less things to wrap. haha
Old 12-26-2020, 02:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Santa usually only brings a book (Christmas theme). He wraps each book in a kraft paper and some ribbon. Then he writes with his awful writing each of my girls' name on it. He also leaves a bunch of chocolates lying around.
This year we got the girls a tiny stocking (we never did stockings) specifically so we could fit a small Lego kit. And chocolate coins.

So basically Santa leaves a book and chocolate. I'm not a fan of him leaving anything other than that. We buy the gifts so I want thankfulness for us, not for a fictitious character.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Growing up, all gifts were from Santa and they were all wrapped.

Since I thought is was weird that no gifts came from mom n dad, hubby and I changed that. When the kids were little, Santa gifts are wrapped and under the tree and in stockings. Each child gets a different wrapping paper. Then elsewhere, there is a pile of gifts from mommy n daddy. But now that they all don't believe, we do put them all under the tree.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 12-26-2020, 11:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't do Santa, but it varies on if stocking stuffers are wrapped. This year the girls told me I didn't have to wrap them! That was so much easier. I just stuck them all in before I went to bed!