Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Party Theme - ANGRY BIRDS

So my BFF and I are throwing a big Angry Birds themed party for a whole whack of kids that our kids are friends with. The age ranges are between 1 (Elora) and the eldest will be 14. There are 21 kids invited all together. We decided on Angry Birds because it's gender neutral, all the kids love it, and it should be pretty easy to pull together. I am having so much fun planning it! I would love your ideas though, I've never thrown a party this size before.

We are having a pot-luck style supper since it will be roughly 50-60 people there, if all attend (21 kids plus lots of adults). My BFF and I will provide some of the food, and I'm thinking:

Pulled Pork Sandwiches (haha - hopefully I'm not the only one that "gets" that)
Coleslaw
Sliced carrots & celery in clear cups w/ ranch dressing (thank you Pinterest)
"Nest" cupcakes w/ 3 eggs (Yay for Mini Eggs on half-price now!!)
Fruit Punch

So far for fun & games, I have these ideas:
1) Pin the Beak on the Angry Bird OR Pin the Snout (or crown) on the Pig
2) Photo Booth (with eyebrows, beaks, snouts, mustache, crown, etc)
3) a life size game w/ balls & boxes
4) Bean Bag (bird) toss
5) Coloring pages for the littler kids
6) Scavenger hunt for items related to the game (big rock, stick, ice cube, golden egg...)

I imagine streamers in the Angry Birds colors with dangling clouds, birds & pigs. Maybe a chain "wall" like this hanging behind the food table. Disposable plates in primary colors... For favors, I've got some glassine bags that I will be making a topper for, filling them with M&M's and calling it "Angry Bird Poop", ha!!

Of COURSE I'm using Traci & Meghan's kit as much as possible for the party - I've already designed the invitation with it:

So... I would love more ideas! Especially for games! Or suggestions for more scavenger items. ANYTHING! I want this to be a super fun party for ALL the kids!!

Huge fan of:

Last edited by scrapperjade; 04-09-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am planning an Angry Birds party for my son's 7th birthday in November. We have some time so I'm doing a little at a time.

Angry Bird Pinatas... both the balloon style and one made with a paper bag like THIS one
Angry Bird Pizza
Life Sized Angry Bird game for the party room
I'm going to do the little pom pom birds for one of the favors, Angry Bird Poop for another, some Angry Bird fruit snacks too
We'll decorate the drink bottles with fun labels
Our party will only be about 2 hours long and we will have kids mostly all the same age so just a few games will be plenty so I don't have a lot of game ideas
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I did an angry birds theme for Ben's birthday even though it was just us I blew balloon sup in promary colors and hung them upside down form the ceiling in clusters in the kitchen
you could also buy angry birds plushies in all the different colors and types of birds and place them randomly on the food table
I also used just a plain primary color bucket {perfect time of year for those at the $1 store} and printed a bunch of things frm Meg and Traci's kit and placed them on wodden skewers as a centerpiece! {can you see the balloons hanging from the ceiling}....

you could make up little place cards food descriptons that have something to do with pigs or birds

Space Balls {for meatballs...sicne there is Angry Birds Space now}
Pigs in a Blanket
Bacon Bites
Pig Punch or Bird Bath for a punch bowl
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Pigs in a Blanket, Bird Bath! LOL - love those!

I love the balloons, but sadly, there will be no balloons at my party... my sister is a globophobic (extra points to anyone who knew that was a fear of balloons, lol)!

Huge fan of:

Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Lance had an angry bird party for his birthday. I have pics on my facebook. Since it was from 2-4 in the afternoon I just had some chips and animal crackers. They didn't even eat any. LOL! They were too busy playing the life sized game we had set up.

I didn't do a cake but made cupcakes with white icing. Lance wanted gummy worm cupcakes so that is what I did! Some had gummy worms on them and the rest had bird eggs (jelly beans). http://instagr.am/p/HuBTGkIdrv/

The party favors were one of the balls we used as birds (Dollar Tree had the perfect sized playground balls) and a bag of candy. The decorations were just streamers and ballons hanging from our patio ceiling. It was way too windy to do much more.

The game was set up with cardboard boxes and random containers that I spray painted brown and gray/silver containers we already had. They played that game for almost 2 hours. I had to make them take a break for cupcakes and presents. Towards the end the game turned into a version of angry birds dodgeball.
http://instagr.am/p/HunybVodli/
Old 04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Mye

Ok - my girls are turning 7 in July but we are doing a different theme so - please, can you just allow me to be in awe of these amazing theme you've prepared for your kids? Too cute and too fun!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I dont have any more ideas (the ones suggested sound awesome). Can I come?!? LOL

Old 04-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I made some angry bird cupcakes for a school carnival and had some leftover colored fondant. my boys had a BLAST making their own Angry Birds using the edible "dough". Maybe have that as one of the activities.

Don't forget the skittles (angry bird poop)!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did an angry birds party for Lexi this year and it was a huge hit! Here is a link to my pinterest board where I got alot of my ideas:

http://pinterest.com/dmogstad/lexi-s-angry-birds-pary/

Here is a link to my facebook album with pictures of the party

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=1a45fe201d
Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am seriously getting inspired to have a random party this summer...just so I can use all these ideas!!