Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2023, 12:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am a photographer - spend lots of time taking pictures of the kids' teams (I know I'm being a mom by cheering them on and supporting them but the shooting part is really for me mostly - then I share with the other parents/families and it just makes me happy).

I'm a WVU fan - fall is lots of trying to catch what we can of football and soccer games

I'm a crafter - I like to dabble in a lot of different crafts - sewing, making things with faux leather, designing tshirts/mugs/hats

I'm a dog person - lots of time spent with the two pups we have and that is something that always just makes me feel calmer if I'm stressed, grounds me
Old 10-08-2023, 05:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is a fun thread!

I am a gamer, started on old pc games back in the 90s. My favorite ones were the Lucasart games (Monkey Island series or Maniac Mansion), but now I'm into Zelda Breath of the Wild on my Switch. I try not to play too much because it annoys my husband so much but once you start you can easily spend hours exploring.

I love puzzles, mostly jigsaw but also word puzzles that will twist your mind to find the solution.
I just finished a tryptic puzzle that my husband got printed for me of a portrait of our 3 girls in BLACK AND WHITE! That thing was insane, it sat for several years untouched because I felt so defeated. My mother in law even gave it a try and she's avid puzzler and said forget it! But then I decided I would finish it, pulled it out the past month and worked on it slowly piece by piece, very slow process. My mother in law came to visit and we worked on it together challenging each other to find more pieces. Then I finished it with the help of my girls when there were just a handful of pieces left. Now I need to glue that thing together so I never have to do it again!

I am a foodie even though I can't stand that term. I am always looking for tasty things to eat whether it's addicting junk food or fancy restaurants or ethnic food... I would try it all.

I am a Hanson fan and have been since I was 11. They still make music and still go on tour to promote their new music.

I love reading (mostly mysteries) but don't read very fast because I always fall asleep. But we started a bookclub with the neighborhood ladies and it's been so much fun! Forget about talking about the book we read... lol
Old 10-08-2023, 10:38 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Robin, I'm also a cozy gamer! I'm currently playing Graveyard Keeper, which sounds morbid but I like building up my little church

Lynn, those cookies are AMAZING! I wish I was as talented. It's definitely an art form I haven't dabbled in.

Vanessa, I'm so jealous of your board game cupboard. I have wanted to get into board games with my kids but the games are pricey and take so much time to set up and play. So we end up just playing the cheap and quick games like Sushi Go.

I'm a huge Swiftie! It's been super fun to see my daughter get into it as well and we've been bonding over the music and have had some interesting conversations (about the artistic use of swear words yesterday lol).

I love collecting craft supplies. Collecting, not actually making stuff.

I'm currently an English PhD student, so reading is part of my job. I do love reading, but when I do I analyze things to death, and I only have time for "classics" anymore--nothing particularly better about them, it's just my area of study: 19th C British novels.

I also love reading about all the fun things other people do! No one is boring, seriously!

Old 10-08-2023, 11:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

There are so really nice, affordable ones out there Grace. We started out with anything by Gamewright.

A few that I'd recommend under $20. With very little set up.

Draftosaurous

Kingdomino

Azul

The smaller box Ticket to Ride games

And DH and I play a lot of 2 player only games, and those are not too bad, depending on what you get. The top two shelves on the left and the top then second from the top on the left, those are all two player only games. We love those kinds! Here are a couple we play a lot that are under $20. And, watch for Target's buy 2, get one free sale. We got a lot of games that way.

Lost Cities
Targi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
Robin, I'm also a cozy gamer! I'm currently playing Graveyard Keeper, which sounds morbid but I like building up my little church

Lynn, those cookies are AMAZING! I wish I was as talented. It's definitely an art form I haven't dabbled in.

Vanessa, I'm so jealous of your board game cupboard. I have wanted to get into board games with my kids but the games are pricey and take so much time to set up and play. So we end up just playing the cheap and quick games like Sushi Go.

I'm a huge Swiftie! It's been super fun to see my daughter get into it as well and we've been bonding over the music and have had some interesting conversations (about the artistic use of swear words yesterday lol).

I love collecting craft supplies. Collecting, not actually making stuff.

I'm currently an English PhD student, so reading is part of my job. I do love reading, but when I do I analyze things to death, and I only have time for "classics" anymore--nothing particularly better about them, it's just my area of study: 19th C British novels.

I also love reading about all the fun things other people do! No one is boring, seriously!

Last edited by nesser1981; 10-08-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2023, 01:02 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

I am sooo loving this thread! It's been awesome to get to know some of those things we love but don't always talk about being a digital scrapbook community. It's easy to talk about scrapbooking, but super fun to read so many interesting things about you guys!

I forgot anime!! We are totally anime fans in our house and it's our wind down and turn-off our brains thing before bed every night. It's something I never would have expected to love as much as I do, but the storytelling in Japanese animes is top notch! LOVELOVELOVE!

Lea, BOTW and TOTK are both soooo fun! Great games!!

Grace, I've played Graveyard Keeper! Super fun game <3 If you're ever looking for cozy game recs lmk!

Jill, happy to see I'm not the only true crime fanatic around here.

Vanessa, I loved seeing your game collection! I'll try to snap a photo of ours and share today too <3

Maybe we need an off-topic forum lol
Old 10-08-2023, 03:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the recs, Vanessa. I'm eyeing Azul and we do have ticket to ride. Definitely a favorite here. Wingspan is *my* favorite (we got to try it out at a game store) but seems a bit too complicated for my kids. I have an aesthetic that they're not as into lol. I want to play games with birds and plants. My kids want monsters.

Robin, how's Ooblets actually? My cozy game wishlist is miles long but I love a monster collection game. I still haven't finished my Pokemon Sword save but I'm ready to start a new one.

Old 10-08-2023, 03:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'd agree Grace, depending on their ages, Wingspan would probably be too much. It is really slow with more than like 3 players too. Keira is our only kid that has played it.

We love Verdant, it's about plants.

And I've heard great things about Planted. Harper is 10 and he has played Verdant.

All 3 kids love this game, Five Minute Dungeon .

I know, my kids never want to play the games I think we'd all enjoy! I try not to even buy anything that doesn't play 5 people. Azul is one of those exceptions because they don't play it usually.

Quote:
Thanks for the recs, Vanessa. I'm eyeing Azul and we do have ticket to ride. Definitely a favorite here. Wingspan is *my* favorite (we got to try it out at a game store) but seems a bit too complicated for my kids. I have an aesthetic that they're not as into lol. I want to play games with birds and plants. My kids want monsters.

Robin, how's Ooblets actually? My cozy game wishlist is miles long but I love a monster collection game. I still haven't finished my Pokemon Sword save but I'm ready to start a new one.
Old 10-08-2023, 03:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree Robin, I read through these and I'm like oh yeah, I love that too! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
I am sooo loving this thread! It's been awesome to get to know some of those things we love but don't always talk about being a digital scrapbook community. It's easy to talk about scrapbooking, but super fun to read so many interesting things about you guys!

I forgot anime!! We are totally anime fans in our house and it's our wind down and turn-off our brains thing before bed every night. It's something I never would have expected to love as much as I do, but the storytelling in Japanese animes is top notch! LOVELOVELOVE!

Lea, BOTW and TOTK are both soooo fun! Great games!!

Grace, I've played Graveyard Keeper! Super fun game <3 If you're ever looking for cozy game recs lmk!

Jill, happy to see I'm not the only true crime fanatic around here.

Vanessa, I loved seeing your game collection! I'll try to snap a photo of ours and share today too <3

Maybe we need an off-topic forum lol
Old 10-08-2023, 04:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's so fun getting to know you all!

I'm very indoorsy. I wish I loved being outside...but I enjoy the outside from indoors. I'm indoorsy, but I don't like air conditioning. I want the doors open!

I'm another Ally Gardening Fan Girl! We planted a veggie garden this year, but the only thing to survive were the tomato plants. lol

I love to read. If I could, I would curl up in a chair and read all day.

I knit, but only when the weather is cool.

I love Disneyland, and had annual passes for a lot of years before we moved to Idaho.
Old 10-08-2023, 05:46 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ooblets is one of the best games I played last year! Super cozy! Super cute! Tons of fun to collect all of the ooblets (including shinies). The dance battles are so fun. They do regular seasonal events still. The story is silly and well done. Highly recommend!
Old 10-08-2023, 06:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post

I love orchids and would love to have one grow healthily in our home, but, alas, I successfully killed every single plant that I bought.
I have two beautiful orchids that have bloomed multiple times now. They like to be root bound and they like to be drier.
Old 10-08-2023, 11:26 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I have two beautiful orchids that have bloomed multiple times now. They like to be root bound and they like to be drier.
Our apartment is dry and it somehow killed the orchids. The roots grew skinny and brown and eventually dried out
Old 10-08-2023, 11:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love making cards.
I love painting and sketching
I love eating
I love cooking

Old 10-09-2023, 08:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love hearing about everyone!
I am experiencing perimenopause or menopause...it sucks. The brain fog, weight gain while on weight loss medicine, brain fog. My testosterone and progesterone were at 0. Estrogen is okay for now. Oh and the hot flashes...esp at night. We bought a king mattress that is cooling, cooling mattress cover and cooling sheets and I still sleep with a box fan on high blowing on me. We put it in a chair so it blows right on me.

Now the good stuff...LOL
I love to nap/sleep!
I am a huge Criminal Minds fan. I have watched all seasons so many times I am waiting for FBI or someone to start asking who I am planning to kill. It is my comfort show.
I also like true crime podcasts
I am a huge reader...not much on audio books as I get distracted and miss a chapter.
Love board games...Ticket to Ride is my favorite as well as card games
Traveling is something that we love to do and want to check off all the national parks...we are at 33 of the 63...not sure on the whole 400+ though
Old 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've loved reading what everyone else loves!!! Here's some about me:

Audiobooks! I blame Kristin She had mentioned a few times that she enjoyed them, and I decided to try it, after being quite reluctant. I've nearly doubled my reading goal this year just because of Audiobooks! I have an hour and a bit commute every day, and I listen to them on my drive to work and home. I like mysteries/thrillers, and RomCom / Chick Lit types.

Reality TV! Competition ones, not the romance ones. I tried the 90-days ones, didn't like it, but things like Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race - love them all!

Tea. Specifically Tim Hortons steeped tea, with milk and splenda. I am a bit addicted (I have one next to me now lol). Never herbal or flavoured teas, just regular old Orange Pekoe / Red Rose / Tetley tea.

Photos Taking them, looking at them, being able to be the memory keeper not just for our family of 4 , but for my mom, sister, aunt, cousins. I tag my photos and can pull them up pretty quickly whenever one of them says "hey, remember that photo of so-and-so doing this?"

Camping Our summer fun!! We didn't get out much this year, hubby was too sick, but I'm hoping next year we can get out. I 'glamp' - we have an RV, and I don't camp where I have to pee outside, because I don't know how lol I love being able to disconnect and enjoy being outside.

Old 10-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to start a new thread about video games because I have questions!
Old 10-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I'm going to start a new thread about video games because I have questions!
OMG please do! Haha
Old 10-10-2023, 12:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love this thread so much. I'm learning so much more about many of you and lots of about many I didn't know. lol

I'm in peri too, however, I did find that magnesium supplements, and Vitamin B & D have helped a LOT of my symptoms. I follow few menopause women docs on TikTok and these are the recs they give too. That and exercise which I'm working on a routine but at least 2-3 times a week I am active.

Things I love:
MUSIC - turn it up LOUD please and thank you!
WRITING POETRY - I think everyone know that one about me but if you didn't now you do, and I've published 4 collections of my own poetry so far, with plans to publish more.
PLANTS - green thumb for my indoor houseplants, I want to garden but living in Michigan and winter I just sometimes don't feel like it's worth it. ehh
NATURE & ANIMALS | FISHING | POETRY (reading) | COLORING (in coloring books yes)
ASTROLOGY NUMEROLOGY MYTHOLOGY AND THE LIKES I love learning about these

Old 10-10-2023, 12:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
I love this thread so much. I'm learning so much more about many of you and lots of about many I didn't know. lol

I'm in peri too, however, I did find that magnesium supplements, and Vitamin B & D have helped a LOT of my symptoms. I follow few menopause women docs on TikTok and these are the recs they give too. That and exercise which I'm working on a routine but at least 2-3 times a week I am active.
I need to get one of those vitamin pill boxes so that i remember to take the supplements i've bought but haven't taken. I literally bought the iron supplement recommended here a couple months ago - AND I StiLL HAVEN'T TAKEN IT ONCE!

Speaking of perimenopause - and this is probably TMI but whatever - but does anyone else have random breast pain during the month, it feels like i'm breastfeeding and completely engorged....
Old 10-10-2023, 12:38 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Speaking of perimenopause - and this is probably TMI but whatever - but does anyone else have random breast pain during the month, it feels like i'm breastfeeding and completely engorged....
Yes! OMG... it feels CRAZY and I get all in my head about something being wrong and then it's fine the next day and totally back to soft and squishy again!
Old 10-10-2023, 12:39 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Kiana... I did NOT know you wrote poetry or are self-published. So cool!
Old 10-10-2023, 12:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love going to the gym. I take a HIIT class 4-5 times a week. It's another form a therapy for me. Some of us have been going for so long that we're like a little family.

I love true crime. I listen to an insane amount of podcasts. It's about all I watch on t.v. when at home. I'm basically a detective.

I'm fascinated with cults...falls right in line with the true crime lover in me. I love digging into them. Wondering how people get involved. Love hearing when they break free!

I love the beach. The beach just calms me. I don't like the water. I don't even want to touch it really. I just want to watch it. To listen to it. To breathe it in.

I love to cook and bake...the clean up I don't like. Haha!

Old 10-10-2023, 01:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Kiana... I did NOT know you wrote poetry or are self-published. So cool!
Seriously!!!?? I can't believe you didn't know. I think I talk about that one all the time ...lol
I kinda assume everyone knows now.
But yup, I've written poetry since I was like 8 years old. During teen years it helped get out the angst, rofl, but into adulthood I started really cultivating my gift and really love to express myself in poetic form. I love writing anyway, but poetry just holds my heart.

I decided to start sharing back in like 2013 on a blog and then decided to start self-publishing my words so I have 4 collections out there in the world on Amazon for everyone now

I write under my name and middle name, so Kiana Donae is my author name.

Old 10-10-2023, 01:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I need to get one of those vitamin pill boxes so that i remember to take the supplements i've bought but haven't taken. I literally bought the iron supplement recommended here a couple months ago - AND I StiLL HAVEN'T TAKEN IT ONCE!
roflmaooo you need to take them!!!!!

Old 10-10-2023, 04:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love to play Township, Triple Match and June's Journey on my phone. I had to look up some games that were mentioned to see how much I am missing out on. LOL.
I love listening to audiobooks, mostly non fiction and often times to fall asleep at night.
I used to crochet, knit and do cross stitch but since I discovered scrapbooking, there isn't enough time in the day.
I like the idea of gardening, but am really only good at orchids, apparently they like the water schedule I have them on. They seem to be the only plants that actually thrive inside. I also have some great looking fake ones, so we can keep pretending I have green fingers.
I am happily enjoying the menopause, except the brain fog. The lack of mood swings and hot flashes is wonderful.
I love eating too. Eating out and cooking enough for the next night.

Last edited by Stefanie; 10-10-2023 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 08:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Set an alarm in your phone and don’t turn off your alarm until you’ve taken the darn supplement! Haha I have to do that so I don’t forget.

Last edited by Leablahblah; 10-10-2023 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Set an alarm in your phone and don?t turn off your alarm until you?ve taken the darn supplement! Haha I have to do that so I don?t forget.
I did that too until it started becoming habit

Old 10-24-2023, 01:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ladies! I was talking with a friend today and she shared some of the symptoms that she has before having her period and one of them was the painful engorged breasts! And my mind jumped right in this thread where a few of you mentioned that.

She's been working with an acupuncture who is also an herbalist to try and ease her symptoms. It's definitely been helping but she tried something new recently and it's been super helpful so I thought I'd share with you all.

It's a natural progesterone cream that she applies a tiny bit of on her forearms or can be thighs too. She does that 2 weeks prior to her cycles and stops when her cycle starts. She said it's been really great to ease a bunch of her symptoms.

I think I'm gonna try just to see if it helps with my awful migraines. I mean it's all hormones related so why not!
Old 10-24-2023, 01:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The cream she uses is made by Karuna and it’s called Progesterone Plus cream.
And it can be found on Amazon

Karuna - Progesterone Plus Cream 2 oz https://a.co/d/0EIMBBh
Old 10-24-2023, 01:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to look into this!! thank you for sharing lea!
Old 10-25-2023, 12:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm going to look into this!! thank you for sharing lea!
Of course! It's quite pricey here already but I bought it anyway because if it saves me from buying migraine meds it will be worth it.

I hope it helps you. Let me know!
Old 10-26-2023, 12:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I have always known it, but this thread makes it official, I am boring and maybe lazy. That being said, there are not enough hours to do all I want to do, so I end up doing what I need to/want to do.

I love creating - it really doesn't matter what, I just need to make something every day to be happy. These days it is scrapbook kits for the most part, but every now and again, I will break out the craft things and make something by hand.

I am way too much into tier trays for the seasons and holidays and spend way too much money at Etsy on all the adorable things for them. I set up new one each month. Yes, new ones. I currently have one in the living room that is halloween, one in the family room that is apple themed and one in the office that is dog themed. It is crazy, but fun crazy.

I love to read and try to read a little each day, usually in the bathroom. TMI? Maybe, but so very true. LOL

I am a professional planner for a fruit prep company by day, but at night I like to plan other things. For the last few months it has been the baby shower, but before that it was our disney trip and tier trays. I like to look at things way too much and can fall down a dark hole on shopping web sites looking at stuff.

Finally, I am working on decorating for the holidays, so I am planning that. I have never been much of a holiday person, so I do not have much in the way of decorations. I haven't even put up a Christmas tree in the last ten years, but I did promise my son that when I had grandchildren, I would decorate the house for the holidays.

With a baby on the way, I am planning out the different holiday themes. Christmas is going to be a merry and bright theme with a sugarplum tree.

My tree ornaments and tree topper are all treat and disney related, and all of it is kid friendly material so if the baby grabs something off the tree, no big deal. I've been collecting ornaments from ebay and other places and think I have enough, but am still looking. LOL

I hit the sales after Christmas last year and got holiday throw pillows, etc and am building up what I need to do the family room up right. I am looking for holiday themed wall art to put in place of some every day stuff and for kid friendly decorations for table tops, etc. (I am only decorating the family room and the outside of the house for the holidays, cause that is more than enough for me and good enough for my son. lol)

So basically, I like spending money, I guess.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 10-27-2023 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-26-2023, 12:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh and I do diamond painting too. It is relaxing, but I am also hit an miss on it. I will go on binges and do it every day for a while and then not for weeks. I am almost done with my first one though.
Old 10-26-2023, 12:47 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Lorie... what is a tier tray. Show me what you're making / decorating! I want to see.. sounds like a rabbit hole I may need to go down lol
Old 10-26-2023, 09:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I want to know what a tier tray is too!!

Old 10-27-2023, 01:05 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think it is easier to show what a tier tray is then to try to explain it. So here are some samples.

You all know that I love a good theme, but am not big on decorating for the season, but these little trays let me play with a theme while decorating on a smaller scale. I collect mini teapots and the trays also give me a good way to display my seasonal ones. Plus I love word art and there are so many cute ways to use it on a tray. I have discovered that I like a mix and match of wood and ceramic pieces and that greenery is a must.
Old 10-27-2023, 03:26 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

OH that is soooo pretty and lovely, Lorie!!
Old 10-27-2023, 08:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh wow Lorie I love this!!
Old 10-27-2023, 09:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh Lorie, my husband says you're in so much trouble for introducing me to this lol Those are awesome!! Now I'm definitely going down a rabbit hole lol

Old 10-28-2023, 11:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

LOL, I apologize upfront to all husbands and for sending anyone down a rabbit's hole, but they are so fun to do and so dang cute to have around.
Old 10-29-2023, 01:42 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Those are darling!! I always gravitate toward tier trays in stores because I just love the look of them, but Adriaan always says "what would you use that for?" haha... I've never even thought of decorating them for the seasons LMAO. Oooooh man... rabbit hole engaged.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:32 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, they are a lot of fun to do and I always get compliments on them from anyone who comes to the house. I only wish I had a big kitchen island to put one on like in the photos. But I have found places for three of them, so I guess I didn't need an island. LOL
Old 10-30-2023, 09:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Those are darling!! I always gravitate toward tier trays in stores because I just love the look of them, but Adriaan always says "what would you use that for?" haha... I've never even thought of decorating them for the seasons LMAO. Oooooh man... rabbit hole engaged.
Robin, you tell him it's for making you happy, lol!

Old 10-30-2023, 09:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So pretty!

I do them for Halloween and Christmas. And this year I did a small one for Keira's graduation party with stuff from Etsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I think it is easier to show what a tier tray is then to try to explain it. So here are some samples.

You all know that I love a good theme, but am not big on decorating for the season, but these little trays let me play with a theme while decorating on a smaller scale. I collect mini teapots and the trays also give me a good way to display my seasonal ones. Plus I love word art and there are so many cute ways to use it on a tray. I have discovered that I like a mix and match of wood and ceramic pieces and that greenery is a must.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh those are super cute. I love the vertical space. I'll be checking these out the next time I'm out shopping lol
Old 11-02-2023, 02:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Before I think about my likes - my slightly older age puts me as done with menopause. Several years where turtlenecks were banned and my family laughed at me as I hung me head out the back door when a hot flash hit during dinner. I did notice that they were far more likely to come on if I was hungry, thirsty, or simply had to go pee. My girlfriend told me to get this supplement and within a few days it really cut the hot flashes. Not completely but made life far more livable.
Estroven for Menopause

Likes...
Definitely a book reader for escapism. Give me a historical romance or beach romance, or a book about dinosaurs, bigfoot, or sharks eating people and I'm happy. Truly all types of easy reading stories... Some that I have loved in the past couple years probably include The Last Rose of Shanghai: A Novel
by Weina Dai Randel, everything by Kristin Hannah, Seven Perfect Things: A Novel
by Catherine Ryan Hyde, Eva Rae Thomas mysteries by Willow Rose, everything by Diney Costeloe, books by Pearl Buck when I've read too many trashy romances, and Sarah Lark has some great historal romance(ish) stories set in New Zealand. I also love pouring over a good cookbook.

I admit to loving TV a little too much and watch a wide range of shows but definitely usually love the more historical british/european shows or their comedies.

My soul loves easy hikes in the woods. My back does not.

When I was younger I loved scuba diving - but that era is long over.

I love trips to the Oregon coast. (or any coast for that matter - it's just that the Oregon coast is a quicker drive)

I enjoy decorating for the seasons and holidays. And I just enjoy decorating and organization in general.

I like making things look pretty.

I like searching around pinterest and blogs and losing a whole evening to whatever rabbit hole I went down.

I like learning more and procreate, photoshop and other programs. And want to re-learn how to take better photos again.

I love time with my daughter and together we adore going any place with animals, from the zoo, to a farm, to a petting zoo, to an aquarium. We can just stand there and watch the goings on for ages.

Honestly no clue if I'm a swiftie or not because I like the sound of television in the background over music.

I love walking around interesting areas whether it be due to the architecture or the stores.

I regularly have 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles on my kitchen table.

I'm a bit of a foodie but don't usually feel like doing the cooking follow-thru.

Before covid hit I liked working out at the gym. I am now currently a blob.

I do NOT like sleeping or naps because then I'm missing out on doing other stuff I like.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post

I do NOT like sleeping or naps because then I'm missing out on doing other stuff I like.
This is totally me, which is why I sleep about 4 hours a day and am always tired. LOL