Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberK View Post
I want to learn how to make portions of elements look hidden behind other elements without having to use the eraser tool. Like a curly ribbon weaving in an out of an alpha or something like that. I know there has to be an easier way and there might be a tut out there already- if so, PLEASE point me in the direction!
I use layer mask to do this, but it's really erasing as well... but with the option of going back if need be.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I also use layer masks... have you guys seen Lex's tutorial... it helps to make it clean and quicker doing it her way, since you don't have to worry about "erasing" too much or too little...

Playing with Strings, Ribbons & Paper Clips
Old 11-21-2012, 11:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripal View Post
Sheri, I think what they're asking about it is not text on path, but text in irregular box... as in create a text box with lasso tool. Not just the shapes that comes in PS. But the shapes that go around your elements.
I can add that to the tutorial. You can use the pen tutorial for that, but sometime when you have a closed shape, it's easier to use the lasso tool. I have it in my Scrap Like a Sugarbabe feature, but I know people won't know to go there and it doesn't go into as much detail.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I just very recently started to 'thread' my buttons a new way and I love it... Its still using layer mask but you duplicate the string and place on top of your buttons.... and then do Option+click on ADD LAYER MASK
.. and then I use a soft brush about the size of the thread/string and just swipe over the area in the middle of the button to reveal just that part of the string...

I never knew about the option+click add layer mask until about two weeks ago... I fell in love with it!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I would live to see a series of tutorials (if this hasn't been done) on determining your scrapping style. Maybe grab some of the sugar babes who have different styles to talk about their techniques individually or link to other tuts if they have already been done. Like simple, minimal, clusters, graphic, like-paper, etc.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I thought of something I'd like to learn more about.... dodge and burn! I'd like to know better how to use this tool and WHEN to use it. For example, Lorie's siggy - it appears that the letters in her name are lifted up a little (like little bumps) where the string goes under the letter, or the layer of ribbons is under the letter, etc... just like it would be slightly lifted in that area, in real life, if you were to lay a paper down and then run a string under it.... Ive done this before, but Im not good at it, and Im sure theres a better way of doing it than how I been doing it.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arual View Post
I thought of something I'd like to learn more about.... dodge and burn! I'd like to know better how to use this tool and WHEN to use it. For example, Lorie's siggy - it appears that the letters in her name are lifted up a little (like little bumps) where the string goes under the letter, or the layer of ribbons is under the letter, etc... just like it would be slightly lifted in that area, in real life, if you were to lay a paper down and then run a string under it.... Ive done this before, but Im not good at it, and Im sure theres a better way of doing it than how I been doing it.
Oh, I second this!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
Anything showing how to use the latest "trendy" items would be great. Heck, just having someone identify the latest trends would be great. I am so unhip. More shadow tuts would also be great, I still have a lot to learn there. I second the motion for more PSP tuts. Anything that would help improve my composition would be welcome. And of course photography ones are always welcome. Truthfully, any thing you all want to teach me, is welcome.
Yes, pretty much!

And I love process posts... like the approaches that different scrappers use. Even a highlight of a "week in scrapbooking"--- like how do people create so many beautiful pages in a short time? (Time crunched here, which is why I have not been scrapping as much as I used to... I have bits and pieces of time throughout the day, but I'm just continually interrupted, one reason I find templates so helpful b/c I can more easily jump back in to finishing a page than I could if I was not using a template.)

Definitely nodding along to other suggestions. And I really have appreciated the tutorials here- they have been a great refresher for me and have given me lots of inspiration & new ideas! I'm sure it is a lot of work behind the scenes, but keep them coming, they are great!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm new here, so have not yet explored tutorials that are already here.

I do digital art journaling, with PSE11, so pretty much anything on PSE is of interest to me. Even things I've already learned. ... and then forgotten.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Now I may have missed some of the blog tutes, so I might be repeating ideas that have already been done. But, what about a sketching tutorial, like turning your photo into a sketch? Or making your photo look painterly, which could be neat on art-journal layouts.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post
Now I may have missed some of the blog tutes, so I might be repeating ideas that have already been done. But, what about a sketching tutorial, like turning your photo into a sketch? Or making your photo look painterly, which could be neat on art-journal layouts.
I second this!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Oh, I second this!!!
Third!!!