Sweet Shoppe Designs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default American Girl Books

Let's talk American Girl products. I loved them when I was young. I had all the books, a couple of dolls and now that I have a daughter approaching seven and loving to read, I want to collect the books again for her. I'm totally lost though. I know Pleasant Company sold the line and now there are more girls and books galore. I see they've even retired some of the girls. Here's my question. I'm at a total loss as to who all these girls are and all the books. They don't stick to just the girl of specific years anymore and they have branched out from the books all having the same title with just a different name plugged in. Where do I start with the new girls? Josefina was the last one I was interested in. I think Kit came after that, but post Kit, it's a total mystery to me. Speaking of mysteries...there are even mystery books and short stories now? Where do those fit in? I prefer buying whole collections of the books at once instead of just one here and there. I don't think their Web site is very explanatory at all. I know they have Girl of the Year dolls and books but what is the Beforever line?

Ahhh...help a girl out.