Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-03-2022, 05:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjam View Post
You guys!!!! teeheeeeee........I read squirrels and bulls and somehow now I can't get that out of my head. Great title for a page! LOL

Old 02-03-2022, 05:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well, now that I've figured out how to add images in the forum - I feel so smart now.

Here's the image that I worked on and gave up - because I got frustrated.

I underlined my choices - teehee.

Boy, do I feel accomplished today.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:34 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Ha ha - I'm reading all of the intros and mine reads like I was asked to write my biography!!! Sorry - I can get verbose!!!

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love this thread!!!

Me -

Mostly one kit scrapper
LOVE me some templates, but you can't always see the template once I'm done with it lol
And I throw everything at a page ... but still like some white space normally. But not 'white', like painty white.

How's that for confusing?? lol! The important part for me is to tell my family's stories - I may grab a photo from google for a very rare page about a celebrity or TV show, but that's only when it's about the show or person, never just to create around a pretty picture - for me it's about the love and stories and my family.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
LOL... or a book or a documentary:

Squirrels and Bulls--- a guide through digital scrapbooking

I think I may need to create a page about this now lol

Old 02-03-2022, 07:01 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

For my CT work, I go with one kit, use the template if supplied, etc. etc.

But if I'm doing something for me, here are my preferences.

I'm on Mirjam's CT. She asked me at the end of 2017 and I had some personal issues to sort out. I became official in March 2018 and I'm proud to be one of her "Pink Ladies".

I started digi scrapping in June 2006, but I never joined a forum until 2013. I have a real love for vintage/heritage photos. My second love is art journaling (digi-style). Although today I'm all over the place. I have no problems scrapping vacations, current photos, you name it. And I fell in love with pocket style pages a couple of years ago. I enjoy the challenge of making them a bit more artsy. Here's a pocket page layout I did for Mirjam's grand opening, using her kit Smitten (along with one of her Smitten templates). And the photo is of my uncle from 1947.

Last edited by mcurtt; 02-03-2022 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2022, 07:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mostly a one kit scrapper. I'm too lazy to go searching for stuff for a page and the kits now have so many goodies in them, I rarely need to go looking elsewhere.

Mostly a blank canvas scrapper. Creating the layout design is my favorite part of the process. I do use templates for pocket pages or layouts with lots of photos or if I find one with a really cool design.

I'm an "add everything" scrapper for sure but I can't just pile it on willy nilly. Each piece has to be strategically placed. Consequently, I am a super slow scrapper! I admire the clean and simple, white space pages but can't seem to pull it off myself
Old 02-03-2022, 07:04 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

So fun to get to know everyone!
This is me!

I used to only use one kit, but now I love to mix and match kits and designers.
I will use templates for sure, but there's nothing like having a blank canvas to start from.
I am DEFINITELY a clean and simple scrapper... but I am getting better at thinking outside the box and filling my page with goodies
Old 02-03-2022, 08:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love this!!!

On a CT team, I tend to be one kit and use the template and as many of the goodies as I can. In real life and for challenges and my personal layouts, I'm this:

I feel like some of my best layouts have been the ones where I've used like 15 different kits to complete them. LOL.

I've been one of the Pink Ladies for a little over a year. I focus primarily on blog tutorials/inspiration but help out with layouts and social media as needed. I'm super excited for Mirjam to be here at SSD as is a place I love to just hang out!
Old 02-03-2022, 08:48 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I love being a Pink Lady (since 2015); Mirjam's designs are so easy to work with. I'm delighted to be here at SSD with her.

My style: I tend to be a single kit/collection scrapper as I've been a CT for the last 12 years. I usually start with the background paper, I'm particularly drawn to bold patterns. When I use templates I generally modify them in some way. My favorite elements are flowers. I've been known to buy a kit just for the flowers. You will find a cluster somewhere on my pages as I just can't stop making them.

Last edited by dvhoward; 02-03-2022 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love the look of combining multiple kits but usually don't have the time or energy to do so.

I almost always use a template when I am creating an event page as I have zero composition skills. My "free design" pages are usually a big cluster, one photo, and a bunch of words.

I like to say that I'm a storyteller who makes pretty pages so people read my stories vs. an artist who makes art that happens to include stories. My pages reflect that.
Old 02-03-2022, 11:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You're the best, Kellie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
We're so glad you're here!

I am definitely the exact opposite of you as a scrapper! I stick to one kit with a template and my style is "put the things where Cindy tells me to." ; )
Old 02-03-2022, 11:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome, Mirjam and her CT ladies. So many good lines in this thread, LOL!

I'm a one kit scrapper. (Mostly--if I need to pull in things from other kits I will, but my preference is to work with one kit.)

I love templates and usually start with one, but I often alter them. I make a lot of many-photo pages, and they're so much easier with a template.

I'm halfway between clean and simple and throw all the things on it. My pages tend to be full because of photos and journaling with a few small clusters.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's been so much fun reading through everyone's replies.

I am usually a one kit girl. Kits these days have everything that I could ever want. Most of my layouts are for creative teams, so it's only that designer's goodies.

I love templates but can rock a blank canvas too. I wish I could use more paper layers, that's something I can struggle with.

I usually have multiple photos and like Amber, am a more is more gal. If it's clean and simple it's for a challenge.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:59 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

One kit- 99% of the time.
Template- 100% of the time. Even if I make lots of changes, I always 'need' that starting point.
Add pretty much everything- 95% of the time
Old 02-04-2022, 03:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mix & Match for the most part....I do often start with a single kit but then add bits and pieces as I go along
Template for sure, it may not look like the original template by the time I finish with it but it does start out as a template I promise!.....I struggle with my own composition
Clean & simple mostly but with added paint and texture so probably I end up somewhere in the middle

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 02-04-2022 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:00 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

you guys this is so much fun! @susie Never apologize for being verbose. I think you may already have come to the conclusion we like it that way .

And @trina I am really looking forward to seeing that page about the Squirrels and Bulls documentary....hahahahahaha

@Marilyn...when I saw your pocket page in the Pink Reptile forum I wanted to tell you already but I forgot. I didn't know it was your uncle in the picture but I could have sworn it was Marilyn Monroe next to him!!!

@heather I am a slow scrapper too. And quite a slow designer as well for that matter. As Jenny said I approach my pages and designs like if I am putting together an outfit. And then an outfit for some important event. Everything has to match perfectly and no detail can be overlooked.

When I create my elements I like to use the papers as a backdrop and then I start adding the elements on top of them while I create them. Like creating a layout from scratch. This way...when I am finished I also have my kit preview

Last edited by mirjam; 02-04-2022 at 05:06 AM.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:25 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

My turn !

I'm definitevely a blank canvas scrapper. My creative and crazy mind need blank canvas
I love Clean and simple scrap, and I love mixed kits
I do hybrid scrapbooking. You could see my hybrid projects each month, with Pink Reptile designs products.

I'm so happy to be here
Old 02-04-2022, 08:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Hello everyone!

First off I would like to thank all of you for the awesome warm welcome here at Sweet Shoppe!!!
Me and my team are really happy to be here.

Now we've already seen a lot of familiar faces but also many many new ones that of course we would like to get to know better.
We thought it might be fun to introduce ourselves through our scrapping since we all have that in common.
And for this we took the idea of the This and That challenges!

Before I start I need to also say that I have had NO time to scrap even a single page in the past 2 years. You will see that my gallery here is totally empty
Hi Mirjam!

First off, let me say I am excited to have you here, not just because of your awesome designs, but because of all the chatter you do in the forum. I love it when the forum is busy with fun posts like this one.

Like you, I find I don't have time to scrap and design and work full time, so I haven't done much of the first in a long time. But based on the templates I make, I would say that I am a pretty simple scrapper who likes to add a lot of photos.

I am also trying to develop my artsy side with my blended templates that have a lot of paint, masks and overlays on them. Those are a lot of fun and I love to see what people do with them as it feels like there are so many possibilities.

That is me when it comes to original composition, but when I want to scrap a non-me layout, I, too, just put the pretties where Cindy, Willie, Amber, Nat, Em, Ru etc. tell me to.

We are blessed to have so many designers creating wonderfully amazing templates for the shoppe. I am excited to play with yours too, just as soon as I find some time. LOL I swear, when I retire, I am going to do a mad run on templates and play to my heart's content.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:09 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This thread is SO much fun! Thank you all so much for sharing your scrap routines!

And Sarah it made me laugh when you talked about Cynthia telling you that can add all the elements you want on a layout!
You do know Cynthia is a Pink Lady right?? She is been on my team like forever. She always makes me laugh when she posts a page and adds that she included every element from the kit.

I just think it's awesome the we all share this amazing hobby and we all have our own take on it! And that is how it should be!!

I love that there's so many different styles and personalities shining through!

ohhh she knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
we have been talking for almost 2 years.... I have said that one of the most amazing times (probably THE most amazing time!!!) in my scrapping life was getting an invite from you to The Pink Ladies!!!!!!!! <3

Luff ya!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2022, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPeel View Post
ohhh she knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
we have been talking for almost 2 years.... I have said that one of the most amazing times (probably THE most amazing time!!!) in my scrapping life was getting an invite from you to The Pink Ladies!!!!!!!! <3

Luff ya!!!!!!!
This is true Cynthia told me that!
Old 02-04-2022, 09:38 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Hello again.
Even though most of you here know me, some of us have been friends for 10 years +, some of you know me as one of the oldest team in the GSO blog, some of you know me from 2020/21 when I had the time of my life here playing the challenges, discovered some out of this world talented designers and made some new friends....

There is something I would like to add for those who don't know me: I have some neurological issues that impair my reading and writing, so sometimes I need help to read even the shortest of paragraphs, so if I don't answer fast or you don't see me hanging out in the forums is because I can't, not by lack of interest

Right, so, into my scrapping adventures:
finding digi scrapping saved my life LITERALLY.
I ll explain another day and it will make sense why (like my beautiful Emily aka Scrap Therapy well said) I tend to use everything but the kitchen sink ....

I love full on pages, I will, if I can, use the whole elements pack (Mirjam is my hero, she gives me the cutest and most useful ones always!!!!!)
I love scrapping with one kit when is for a CT, but mix & match is my heart's delight.... like Mirjam, I do a search for the element I need/want, sometimes I know exactly what I want and I know is in one of Mirjam's kits... if you know me from the challenges 2020 until summer last year, you know I love mixing ....
Now templates....
when I was starting, I thought (and was being vocal about it) that templates was "cheating~" , having half of the page thought through.... until one of "my" designers then (one of the CTs I was IN) showed me that interpreting a template well is not easy....
then I fell in massive love with templates !!!!!
It takes me a VERY LONG timer though, I was using a program from Serif, which is no longer made, that did all that PSE does, but easier, only thing was I had to drop PNGs one by one and couldn't use styles...now I lost that program, the one I am using is worse so having a nightmare in using them, but trying to get around the PSE use.

As obviously explained above, I rather fill the page, but after 10+ years around amazing talents of the balanced, blank space elegance, even the minimalist swoon, many of them my sisters here from The Pink Ladies, I can venture into it with limited confidence

Can't wait to see what you all create with Mir's marvellous creations, so glad we are here!!!!!!!

Last edited by MrsPeel; 02-04-2022 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:42 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
This is true Cynthia told me that!
be prepared to see the pages that come from me now!!!!!!
Nahia & Oihan featured!!!!!!!!

on parle plus tard!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2022, 09:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPeel View Post
be prepared to see the pages that come from me now!!!!!!
Nahia & Oihan featured!!!!!!!!

on parle plus tard!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2022, 10:37 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

@ Lorie...we will be scrapping our hearts out when we retire LOL

I have to say though that for me making a new collection is a bit like scrapping photoless pages. I guess it's why I don't feel like I am in total withdrawal. But....I could use a little scrap therapy.....
Old 02-04-2022, 11:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

LIke Lorie (and Mirjam, so it seems) I was spending so much time with work and designing and life that I hadn't scrapped a page in ages. I found I was losing my love for this genre and feeling uninspired to design.

I recently made a concerted effort to start scrapping again. I felt really rusty at first but I kept at it and now it's feeling comfortable and fun again. The bonus is that I'm loving my design work again and have all sorts of ideas. And I'm getting caught up on my weekly pages too! Win win! (LOL... I just typed win wine and then caught myself, but I think I like that one better!! )
Old 02-04-2022, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome Mirjam and team. Happy to have you here.
I'm Corey and I'm a one kit, definitely using a template, not clean & simple, but not a use everything kind of scrapper. Most of my pages these days are pocket style. I'm more about preserving pictures and memories than making very ornate pages. Occasionally if I have a really special picture, or just want to play I'll make a more ornate layout. I love making floral clusters, but am working on using the other elements in kits to make things more interesting. I'm also a pretty slow scrapper, but this year, I'm adopting a more chronological style of scrapping to try to get more done. I often take too long to decide what to scrap and as a result don't get anything done. Hopefully it works because I would like to start printing photobooks rather than single pages.

Old 02-04-2022, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fun to see so many new faces!

I am a 1 kit scrapper, except my Disney pages, then I am mix & match.
I am a template scrapper. My favorite is mixing 2 templates together for a challenge, I LOVE that!
I am a clean and simple scrapper, but not a blank page scrapper. I like my pages to be full, but mostly with photos and a few clusters.

It's great to "meet" many of you!
Old 02-04-2022, 12:57 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm a one kit, always template scrapper. I will mix kits from the same designer if needed. I just can't get the mixing different designers to work for me.

As for clean/simple or everything under the sun, I'm in the middle. I do like small clusters on my layouts but the majority of my layouts have multiple photos that I want to be the focus of the layout. Every once in awhile a photo will scream out that it needs to be the only photo and I might use a bit more clustering/other stuff as long as it doesn't detract from the photo.

I also have a thing for plaid papers. Must use them on every page in some form... paper blocks, matting photos, titles etc. Except my backgrounds must be plain. I tend to do my journaling directly on the background and I want to be able to read it!
Old 02-04-2022, 01:04 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
you guys this is so much fun! @susie Never apologize for being verbose. I think you may already have come to the conclusion we like it that way .

@Marilyn...when I saw your pocket page in the Pink Reptile forum I wanted to tell you already but I forgot. I didn't know it was your uncle in the picture but I could have sworn it was Marilyn Monroe next to him!!!

When I create my elements I like to use the papers as a backdrop and then I start adding the elements on top of them while I create them. Like creating a layout from scratch. This way...when I am finished I also have my kit preview
LOL! Doubtful that it's Marilyn Monroe. It was taken at a relative's wedding in 1947. My uncle stood up with this lovely. But maybe? You never know. MM was born in 1926, I just looked it up via Google. She would have been 21 here.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Like Cynthia- I'm a kitchen sink scrapper. I LOVE ALL.THE.PRETTY.THINGS!!! I used to be completely template driven, but the last year or so have started dabbling in more blank canvas layouts. Despite loving ALL the things, I tend to stay within one kit for CT reasons, as well as time constraints. I have THE craziest hectic life between kiddos, dogs, work, etc etc so my scrappy time is my "me" time & I cherish what little I have!
Old 02-04-2022, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I also have a thing for plaid papers. Must use them on every page in some form... paper blocks, matting photos, titles etc. Except my backgrounds must be plain. I tend to do my journaling directly on the background and I want to be able to read it!
This is also me to a T! I love plaids, the closer together/tighter the better!! And I always need a 'clean' spot to journal.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When I make pages for myself I am 100% a mix and matcher, though I usually at least keep within the same designer. But I also tend to make a lot of one kit pages too for CT stuff.

I am NOT a template scrapper and struggle hard with them. I usually end up flattening them and just using them as an inspirational starting point, more like a scraplift.

And I am definitely an everything scrapper. The messier the page the better.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 02-04-2022, 01:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Nat you are a hoot!!! definitely a win wine!!!! LOL

Thanks for all your comments everyone! By all means keep them coming
Old 02-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Jenny I love that line: I scrap like I am putting an outfit together'! Never thought about it that way but I think I am a little like that too!!

Lea most people indeed say my name like miriam but some also say mirjam. I listen to both...I even listen to esther. One of the ladies from the canteen at my former job [where I had my lunch daily] always called me esther. I told her 3 times that it was Mirjam but after that I knew any other attempt would be futile. 2 collegues gave it another shot because they couldn't stand her calling me by the wrong name. Of course it didn't help and to be honest I thought it was rather hilarious that after a while everyone knew that the salad with the post-it with esther on it was mine...hahahaha
haha ok Esther! That's just too funny!
Old 02-04-2022, 03:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post

Ooh, me too with the plaids! They're in basically every page I create, and I always add at least one to every collection I design.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have to say that I love plaids too. Somehow I pick those only for special occasions. Also love wood papers, polka dots and stripes. And a great neutral solid!!!
Old 02-04-2022, 03:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hi everyone, I'm Kayla.

I'm thrilled to be the newest pink lady. You'll see me in the gallery commenting on your layouts and chatting with you here in the forum. I'm also excited to be back at SSD where my digi scrappin journey started. I think some of the first digi layouts I ever posted are in the SSD gallery... oy, cringe! Thank goodness, I finally learned about shadows.

I'm mostly a one kit scrapper because of my CT scrapping, but also because I'm too lazy to go hunting. I do love mixing and matching for challenges or when kits coordinate.

I'm a template junkie... if a template's allowed, I'm gonna use it. I love, love, love templates and learned to cluster from Cheryl (gonewiththewind). I also use templates as a starting point and modify them to make them my own.

I underlined both c&s scrapper and add everything scrapper because I do both depending on what I'm scrapping. Cynthia pointed out to me that she loves that I can do both but... shhhh ... don't tell her... the digi designer did all the work. I just added my photos and the digi goodies.

Last edited by keepscrappin; 02-04-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:18 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Ooh, me too with the plaids! They're in basically every page I create, and I always add at least one to every collection I design.
I so appreciate the designers that include a plaid in their kits! But I've learned how to make my own plaids for those old kits I have that don't them... that's how much I love plaids!
Old 02-04-2022, 03:20 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
I'm the butterfly lady. If there's a butterfly in the kit, I'll be using it. If there isn't, I'll find one that matches!

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachimac View Post
I'm the butterfly lady. If there's a butterfly in the kit, I'll be using it. If there isn't, I'll find one that matches!
I love the butterflies too!
Old 02-04-2022, 04:33 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachimac View Post
I love butterflies too and messy threads and flowers, but the one thing I must have is lots of good textured solids. Sure I love patterns, but gotta have solids too and in every color of the kit!
Old 02-04-2022, 04:45 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepscrappin View Post
but the one thing I must have is lots of good textured solids. Sure I love patterns, but gotta have solids too and in every color of the kit!
Yep, solids are a must. And, I love kits with a whole lot of paper choices IOW a huge kit! I've done projects in the past that span months (even 2 years for one) using the same kit because of the huge choice for papers. Because of the type of layouts for the 2 year projects, I only used papers. But a project I did last year (monthly layouts for my dog, Peyton) I used some of the elements along with the papers. It is so nice to have a year's worth of layouts that are very cohesive.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I think I may need to create a page about this now lol
Squirrels and bulls… now I gotta see that!
Old 02-04-2022, 11:33 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hi Mirjam - I just had to stop by! So nice to see some familiar faces and to meet some new friends!

I'm generally a one kit scrapper, blank canvas, and clean & simple! I'm a fast scrapper and this is consistent with my scrapping preferences.

My blog
Old 02-05-2022, 01:06 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default Hi!

Hi, everyone! I'm Judy also known as bonnenuit. This is my first time ever in the SSD forums although I have shopped here before.

My scrapping style:

I tend to be a mix and match scrapper unless a kit has everything I need in it.

I also tend to use templates although once I get started on the page, it may look nothing like the template at the end. If I'm not allowed to use a template, my first instinct is to go for a clean and simple page. I remember when I first saw pages with lots of white space, one smallish photo, and just a few elements and thought what a waste of space! Now I love scrapping pages like that and giving careful consideration to exactly what few elements I will use.

I will confess though that I also like big photo pages, blending masks, paints, splatters, and gesso.

I'm part of Mirjam's team converting templates into PAGE files for Artisan software users.
Old 02-05-2022, 02:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a fun thread it's so great to see familiar faces
I am a template, one kit and mostly add everything scrapper

I'm super glad that you are here Mirjam, I adore your style for a long time
So, you haven't scrapped for more than 2 years, maybe we should have a designers scrap challenge

Oh, I love Kellie's reply - "put the things where Cindy tells me to."
Nice to know you (again) ladies!

Old 02-05-2022, 05:48 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Hi everybody, I have been on Mirjam's team since 2017 and am not scrapping that much anymore, but she lets me stay anyway, because she is the best ever. I started digiscrapping way back in 2004 when there was a place called Digital Scrapbook Place. I have been at SSD before (shopped here naturally) and have a few pages in the gallery from a few years ago. But now that Mir has moved, I have moved as well. So, I am happy to be here and meeting all of you (I know many faces already. After all, the digiscrapping community is a tight-knit one and I love that).

As for my scrapping:
*Absolutely mix & match, even though I sometimes like the challenge of only using one kit (or maybe even only a mini kit).

*Blank canvas scrapper, even though I use a template once in a while, but then I usually strip it down to just the photo spot/s.

*I like it clean and simple or add everything. But never clusters and stuff, but rather art journaling style with blending and lots of grunge.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:06 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am so chuffed to see so many replies to this thread!
Old 02-05-2022, 09:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am an 'everything' scrapper....

I typically stay to one kit (truth be told it's mostly because I don't want to risk forgetting a kit when I go to give credits in the gallery).... but I get so inspired by seeing pages that others have posted when they mix and mash, so I have really been making an effort to try and mix things up more.

I like both doing my own thing and working with templates. I find when I have lost my scrappy mojo, I have the best time getting it back by just doing my own thing..... but then when I do get my mojo back I want to get as much done as I possibly can while I'm feeling scrappy so I tend to just back to templates for help.

and Lastly, I like both messy and clean pages, however, I like not having to be overly fussy with keeping things tidy so I like getting messy..... I can't resist a good stash of scribbles and if a kit includes paint splatters I'm definitely gonna use em.