Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 07/05

1. When was the last time you were at the dentist?
  2. Do you prefer cake or pie?
  3. Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town?
  4. What is you favorite drink?
  5. What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable?
Old 07-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I go every four months for cleaning/checkup but have to go this afternoon for a filling b/c I developed sensitivity in a tooth and x-rays yesterday showed a cavity forming. I hate going to the dentist but have to say, it'll be nice to quiet down this sensitivity. It hurts to drink/eat anything hot or cold so luke warm is the only temp that don't flare it up. I'll be happy when that goes away.

2. Cake, although I love pie too. But german chocolate cake and carrot cake are my faves. As a kid, my mom used to take to a department store that had a luncheon counter and we'd go for a piece of their german choc cake and a drink after shopping on a Saturday. Fun memory of my mom.

3. I'm in the suburbs of Vancouver BC Canada called the Tricity area (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam (where I am) and Port Moody). The communities seamlessly go from one to the other, it's like one big city broken up into smaller communities. They lead into Vancouver itself which is huge. I'm about a 1/2 hr drive into Vancouver.

4. Coffee, hands down...love it. I cannot live without it. In the morning, I like it with a few drops of toffee and vanilla stevia, and coconut creamer and in the afternoon I blend one up with collagen powder and MCT oil in it.

5. I'm reading Sidney Sheldon's "The Silent Widow" right now and so far really like it. His writing flows well and its an easy read but is a bit long. I read on my phone. I read the most in the morning (my coffee wakeup time) and then a few pages here and there throughout the day, when I'm in a checkout line, as a passenger when my hubs drives, etc. It usually takes me 2-5 days to finish a book. This one is taking a bit longer b/c its a bigger book.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:58 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? I'm currently looking for a new dentist. I had a bad experience at our last dentist and I swore I would not be back.
Do you prefer cake or pie? Cheesecake!
Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? I live right outside of St. Louis, in the country. In the middle of some corn fields but we aren't farmers.
What is you favorite drink? Sprite, or Malibu and Water
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? I am currently re-reading Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
Old 07-05-2019, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? June 2019
Do you prefer cake or pie? Both please!
Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? heavily populated suburbs
What is you favorite drink? coffee!!
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? Beyond the Point- yes!!
Old 07-05-2019, 01:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. When was the last time you were at the dentist?
    I work there ... so last Wednesday was my last work day! I had my cleaning done not too long ago but usually we are terrible about getting in in time since I either have to come in on my day off or when 2 of us have an opening!
  2. Do you prefer cake or pie? Pie!
  3. Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? Spokane is the 2nd largest city in WA state- but we are in Spokane Valley & actually just outside city limits. It's more suburban & more "in the country" but only 5 minutes to the interstate!
  4. What is you favorite drink? Coffee! Alcoholic is probably anything coconut!
  5. What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? Just (as in last night) finished reading Educated by Tara Westover. It was good- crazy real life memoir.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist?
Too long ago.

Do you prefer cake or pie?
In general, cake. My sister makes a great apple pie, though, and it's her new BF's favorite dessert so I'm looking forward to having it more often in the future!

Are you living in an urban, suburban community, heavily populated or small town?
We live in the county on the outskirts of the fourth largest city in the state. I wouldn't call where we live a suburb, though.

What is your favorite drink?
#dietcokerideordie

What was the last book you read & was it enjoyable?
I'm currently halfway through "Outlander" after bingeing the first season on Netflix a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping the prison scenes at the end of this book are less upsetting to read than to watch as I had to take a brain break after finishing up the season. It is a well-written book. I was surprised to find out that there are even MORE s*x scenes in the book than in the TV show (which has a lot!) but I guess that's what happens when your male MC is a 23-year-old Scottish laird-warrior.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? May
Do you prefer cake or pie? cake - cheesecake - yum!
Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? We'll call it suburb, more rural than where we last lived but the houses are close together on the lake where we live
What is you favorite drink? Diet Dr. Pepper!
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? I'm reading His Kidnapper's Shoes. I wasn't sure for a while but I'm hooked now.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? So long ago that it's embarrassing.
Do you prefer cake or pie?Pie for sure, especially lemon!!!
Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? Pretty small town - and just bought a cabin in an area of Idaho that is off-grid and moving in March!
What is you favorite drink? Green tea, iced or hot, doesn't matter.
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? Good Guys Love Dogs by Inglath Cooper, and I enjoyed it very much. She's a favorite author.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Been waiting all day for this, Rae, haha!

When was the last time you were at the dentist? oh dear, it was in 2017 and we forgot to make an appointment last year. Embarrassing...

Do you prefer cake or pie? a little bit of both. I only like moose cakes and I only like egg pies.

Are you living in an urban, suburban community, heavily populated or small town? suburban. I surely want to live in a small town where it feels old and historic though.

What is you favorite drink? coffee, a good, hot coffee.

What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy #3) by Leigh Bardugo. Yes, I did enjoy it.

Last edited by cherrygutz; 07-06-2019 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:29 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? Last year February, when I went home. Hubby is simply just too busy to find a good dentist here in Beijing for us. So I just do it when I go home.
Do you prefer cake or pie? I don't mind both, but, cake is easier to find here than pie.
Are you living in an urban, suburban community, heavily populated or small town? Absolutely heavily & over populated and ever growing megacity.
What is you favorite drink? Water. I drink coffee, wine, etc, but water is still my go to.
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? Harry Potter series. Yes, very much so.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? I went last month. I had a crown replaced and two fillings done.
Do you prefer cake or pie? It depends on what kind of each is offered. I'm picky when it comes to both.
Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? I live in the country. South of us is a town of about 10,500. Small town for most, but moderately populated for this area. North of us is a small town of about 1,150. To the west of us is a small town of about 126. To the east is a town of 1,829. Definitely no heavy populated area.
What is you favorite drink? Diet Pepsi. Margarita. Limeade.
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? My geography text book, and yes, once I let myself get interested. For pleasure I am currently reading On the Come Up. I am liking it so far, but not having enough time to read lately!
Old 07-06-2019, 08:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? Last fall. I HATE going to the dentist so so much. I've not found one here in Davao (Philippines) that doesn't make me want to die, so the next time I go will be in the States.
Do you prefer cake or pie? Cake.
Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? Heavily populated urban area
What is you favorite drink? Ice cold water
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? The last book I read was called Messy Grace, and I would give it a 3.5/5.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. When was the last time you were at the dentist? August 2018 so I'm behind. Finding a new dentist after we moved earlier this year hasn't been a top priority but I know I need to get on that!

2. Do you prefer cake or pie? Normally I'd say cake unless it's warm Razzleberry pie with vanilla ice cream! Yum!

3. Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? Umm, I live just outside Washington D.C. so it's chaos always. I have to plan my outings very strategically. Lol...

4. What is you favorite drink? I have a weakness for Coca-Cola which is why I don't drink it anymore. I have no will-power so I just plain don't bring it into the house so I'm not tempted.

5. What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? I finished up a book about 2 months ago called Pale Horse Coming by Stephen Hunter. I haven't started anything new yet b/c I have so many other projects I want to get to first and if I start a book I'll do nothing but read until it's finished (see above comment on lack of will-power). Anyway, my hubs loved it and re-read it 3 times (I never re-read b/c there's so much else I want to get to first!) so he made me read it. He's sad that he did b/c I pointed out way too many inconsistencies in the storyline and have now ruined one of his favorite books for him. #sorrynotsorry
Old 07-07-2019, 07:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist?
We go every 6 mon... so I think it was May? I loathe, loathe, loathe the dentist - really hate it and going 6 months is really because Jake goes the same time. Pre-Jake I would keep canceling and pushing it off. My dental hygienist knows me so well that when I have to go in to get work done without Jake, she has the staff call me multiple times to remind me... or if it's quick, she will twist our dentist's arm to get it down while I'm still in the chair. Helps also that my dentist is my high school's best friend's dad.

Do you prefer cake or pie?
Hmm.. depends, I love carrot cake or a butter cake... and I love pumpkin pie or lemon meringue. So depends what is offered.

Are you living in an urban, suburban community, heavily populated or small town?
My city is 75,000 - but we have many smaller towns around us that we are around half a million people within 20 mile radius, so I guess suburban? I grew up in a small town - never, ever again.

What is you favorite drink?
Soda - Ginger Ale (can only be Canadian Dry); Drink - Brandy Sweet;

What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable?
Oh, I don't know... I read through books quickly and don't remember their titles... and then delete them off my kindle. Otherwise, I read academic/homeschooling method books.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? Last May or June. We all have appointments in 2 weeks. After our next and final year overseas, we'll be back on an every-six-months schedule
Do you prefer cake or pie? ice cream cake
Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? I guess it would be considered urban--it's a capital city-- but not heavily populated
What is your favorite drink? hot apple cider, but I don't drink that too often...most of the time I drink water.
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? I just finished The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah yesterday. I enjoyed it.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? I go every 6 months religiously. I'm sure this won't last forever, but I've never had a cavity.
Do you prefer cake or pie? It depends on what it is, but I lean towards cake.
Are you living in an urban, suburban community, heavily populated or small town? We live in neighborhood of an urban area (i.e. I don't live "downtown," but I live in a densely populated area that is very walkable)
What is you favorite drink? Cascade water (essence water), decaf tea, coffee, red wine
What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? I'm currently reading a couple of books. Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner and Marie Kondo's Life-changing Magic: A Journal : Spark Joy Every Day
Old 07-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? I have a severe phobia of the dentist so a long time ago unfortunately

Do you prefer cake or pie? Mmm cake for sure

Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? Urban and quite heavily populated.

What is you favorite drink? Cherry Pepsi max

What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? F*ck marriage by Tarryn Fisher and I enjoyed it very much
Old 07-15-2019, 12:59 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

When was the last time you were at the dentist? February

Do you prefer cake or pie? Pie

Are you living in an urban, suburban community,heavily populated or small town? Small Rural Town

What is you favorite drink? Coca Cola

What was the last book you read, was it enjoyable? Haven't read in a while but currently am reading Forever Charmed by Rose Pressey