Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Sweet Memories

Happy birthday Sweet Shoppe Designs!! Celebrating 11 years this month got me thinking... I'm curious to hear how long you all have been around here and what your favorite sweet memory is from the sweetest spot in town!

I'm so lucky to have been a designer here since August 2015! Can't believe it's been 2 years this year! My favorite memory must be my opening here! Everyone was so sweet, welcoming and supportive and it really was a dream come true! I still pinch myself now and then

So tell me about you?! To make it extra fun I'll randomly pick two people at the end of next weekend to receive a $10 coupon to my store!

Old 02-05-2017, 01:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Gah ... I had to look at the date on my "join date"! I couldn't remember!! Apparently 9 years. Shesh ... time flew by. I think some of my favorite memories are celebrating and playing games (NSD for example), making some of my FAVORITE designer's CTs, and actually meeting people IRL that I would never have had a chance to meet otherwise. But I think my best "memory" are all the scrapbook pages I have from this store.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was here when it first opened, and it has been my home since I got a gig on the guest team for Susan of Scrap Kitchen back in 2007. I love it here. : )

Last edited by joelsgirl; 02-05-2017 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been here since it opened.

My favorite memory is, of course, when Robin asked me to be a Babe in October 2015. I was equal parts shocked, terrified, & over-the-moon excited.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I joined in August 2009...was mostly a shopper for a few years then ventured into the forum. The old cookie challenges were what drew me in. I loved those challenges!!

My best memory is definitely being chosen as a Babe. I was shocked and ecstatic. It has been a dream gig for sure!

Old 02-05-2017, 04:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember exactly when I found SSD... I shopped here for a while and then joined the forum in January 2014. That's when I also started doing the Bingo challenges.

Sweetest memory for me is also becoming a Babe, in March last year. I'm still pinching myself!
Old 02-05-2017, 04:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started buying stuff in November 2008 but didn't join the forum until January 2010 as I didn't know it existed until then!
Old 02-05-2017, 05:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've registered myself in 2011, but I became an active member in 2014. I started playing the 'think outside the box' challenges.

SSD became my home when I got accepted by Megan Turnidge (who retired from designing unfortunately) in her CT.

My best memories are being accepted in a CT and winning a 100 dollar gift certificate last year.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:09 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I joined here October 2009, but didn't get active until 2011, I think...
The best memories here are:
Top one is becoming a babe March last year! It's a long dream came true and it's still surreal!
The second one is when Julie Billingsley took me as one of her CT member. That was the first SSD CT ever for me! I am still hoping she'll return to designing one day.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:10 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have been a member for over 9 years! I did take a huge scrapbooking break for a few years while I completed my masters degree. My best memories here have always been completing the challenges.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I found SSD the same weekend I discovered digiscrapping. It coincidentally was iNSD 2013. What a great weekend to discover the hobby!

I lurked around for awhile, afraid to actually start talking b/c, well, I'm a nervous person and thought that people would think "who the heck is this random person?!" Lol.. But I forced myself to get over that and started getting active about 2 years ago and discovered that there are so many friendly, supportive people in this community!

I guess that's my favorite memory... stepping outside my comfort zoning and becoming friends, both online and in person, with some of the wonderful ladies in this community! It is so much more awesome to be able to share a hobby, and just regular life, with everyone than it is to just scrap on my own.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been around for a long time! 2008 I think? Maybe earlier! I think my fave memories are the Friday Night Chats back in the day. LOVED those times so much! <3

Old 02-05-2017, 01:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Sweet Memories

Summer 2006 is when I started scrapping, so I've been around since then.

Favorite memory is when I got my babe invite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have been around since 2008 and instantly fell in love! My most favorite memory (besides becoming a designer here) is when we used to all sit in the chat room every Friday night waiting for the store to go live. We had so much fun hanging out and waiting to snag all the amazing goodies being released that week.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started scrapping April 2008! That seems like forever ago!! And looks like it judging by my first los This has always been my home. The only store I ever participated in the forums. I think my favorite memory overall was realizing I love my los. It took me a long time to stop comparing, but through trying new techniques and learning to journal(no matter how dorky I feel typing it all out) and love it, I really came to love them through this place - the challenges pushing me out of my comfort zone and the encouragement from other scrappers and the designers. And of course all the pretty kits help
Old 02-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've been here off and on since 2007 but since 2015 I've been pretty steady here. I love the way everything works and how much fun I have on this site. I love having all the challenges at the beginning of the month so I can work on the ones I'm in the mood for. The fabulous designers keep on producing such amazing kits and I love reading the blog. My favorite memory was winning the big Bingo challenge prize! It's so much fun to go to the store to shop and just click on Gift Certificate to pay!

Last edited by seniorgal; 02-05-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love reading all these stories!! And some of you have been here for so long!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Old 02-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been here since Jan 2015, so 2 years. I love the amazing designs and am always excited for Friday night releases! My favorite memory was the month I managed a blackout bingo card.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I joined in early 2007 but just came back after a few years off. My favorite thing has always been the challenges - especially Spin-a-lift and of course the amazing designers. I loved the Friday night chats waiting for new releases to go live too.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I avoided sweet shoppe for awhile because I (wrongly) thought everyone here was snobby and I'd never fit in. I started posting after the other store I hung around closed down and I've loved it since!

Old 02-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I joined SSD at the very end of 2009 right after I discovered digi-scrap. I think the first kit I ever bought was one from Melissa Bennett.

My favorite memory so far would have to be winning the Gold Medal prize during the SSD Summer Games last year. I had so much fun during that contest, was completely inspired by so many amazing layouts from the participants. and came away with several pages I absolutely love. My ultimate dream is being lucky enough one day to get that "yes" to being a Babe.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I joined SSD in Feb 2007 so I have been here for 10 years which is crazy. I did leave for a few years cuz I had no scrapping mojo. We moved, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (she is fine) and we were just really busy with life. I would lurk from time to time but I didn't know my login to just say hello. I'm so happy to be back though!!

Edit- My best memories were when I was on Melissa and Libby's CT's. I never thought I would make it and was so happy when I did!

~~Siggie by Laura (emmasmommy)~~

Last edited by ~Julie~; 02-06-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was here on opening day. Love it here! My favorite SSD memory is being invited to join Melissa's CT.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I joined the forum in 2012 to take part in the Olympics. I remember I had to pair up with another community member for one of the challenges and I had great fun!
My best memory is from last summer when SSD were hosting Olympics again and I won a few of the challenges. I was absolutely awesome especially when I won 1st place in the last challenge (mountain biking). I was abroad when the winner was announced and I was absolutely thrilled.
Thanks so much for making my experience so awesome!!! I feel so great here
--
Mama to Albert
Old 02-06-2017, 11:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I joined in 2009, but haven't ever really been super active (I lurk more than I post, but trying to get better at that!) It only took 8 years to do my first Bingo card lol!

Favourite memory - all.the.shopping I love adding fabulous SSD products to my stash!!!

Last edited by tjscraps; 02-06-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been shopping here since 2007ish and joined the forums in 2010 when I discovered the portfolio challenges, and I haven't left since.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 02-06-2017, 12:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I joined in July 2009. I lurked for a long time before I started doing the challenges! Everyone was so friendly, welcoming, and would leave the sweetest comments on my layouts!
Old 02-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Joined June of 2008 and have become more active over the last (exactly a) year. Always loved the cookie challenges as I'm a bit of a template freak.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I joined the forum in 2007. I had been digiscrapping for a couple years by that point. I was more involved at another site, but, like so many sites over the years, it shut down, and I found my way over here.

My favorite memory is participating in the summer olympics. I didn't win anything, but it was so much fun!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I found SSD in 2011. I was a hard core paper scrapper and never thought I would do digi scrapping. I took a beginning photoshop class at our local scrapbook store just to learn how to edit photos and such. The instructor told me about some more online classes I could take and I was hooked. I think I found out about SSD through an online class that SirScrapsALot did on clustering. The kit he used was from SSD. Once I found this store it was like I had found my place because I loved all the kits. I love this site for many reasons, but mainly because I don't have any friends IRL that digi scrap, so you guys are the only ones that understand my obssession. I think my favorite memory of SSD was getting to be on KCB's team as a guest for a while. The day I found out had been a terrible day and that was the bright spot of the day.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have been here since 2011 and my SWEETEST memory was when I became a BABE!! Still pinching myself!
Old 02-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

These are all so great to read!! Thanks for sharing!

Old 02-08-2017, 03:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I joined in August of 2013 but didn't really get active till 2014. Having some of my CT's come to the Sweet Shoppe and the Think Outside the Box challenges is what got me involved.

I have a lot of sweet memories here at SSD! One of them would be when Megs (Studio Flergs) and Yari (Jady Day Studio) invited me to their team after not getting chosen to be a SugerBabe. They definitely lifted my spirits!

Old 02-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used to CT for Melissa Bennett in the "old days". She was a designer before coming here, which is where I CT'ed for her. Perhaps it was Elemental Scraps? It was a long time ago and a store closed doors ago. By the time she came over here, I had already stepped down from her team due to my husband enlisting and deploying. It was a stressful time for us. I had joined SSD, but didn't do too much with it for a LONG time because I was overwhelmed. I heard how this was the "it" places for designers to sell, but again I never paid it much attention because I was never one of the popular girls and figured I'd never fit in with the site or the designers. Fast-forward many years when SO closed its doors that I found myself without a home once again. One of my designers came here (yay!) and I decided to give it a chance! It was slow, I only posted layouts here and there. I really feel like I connected with Val, one home-schooling mom with another who had given up homeschooling. But it wasn't until this past DSD weekend in October that I finally did my first challenge! Since then I've jumped in, commented on layouts and forum posts. Even though I'm still not one of the popular girls, I'm here, participating, scrapping and enjoying myself. I just needed some holding hands and people bringing me over here during the last 9 years!

Oh and here's something that is vague in my memory and perhaps she can clear it up. Once upon a time, I believe Traci Reed was admin at another site like Scrapmommies, which obviously closed its doors many years ago. I was VERY active there and loved her products. But I also wonder, who else came from there all those years ago? Melissa Bennett, were you there too?

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 02-08-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I've been here since March of 2007. I think the first thing I bought was Julie Billingsley's Spin Your Wheels. I was searching for a kit with a red trike, which led me to an ISO thread at DST, which sent me here. And I haven't left.
Honesty, the best thing here is that I've made some good friends here. On the excitement side, I won a $50 GC for a BINGO blackout and was tickled pink.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Joined in 2009 but recently got active in the Gallery. Being a hybrid gal I don't always feel like I "fit" in. I am also (like Cassie) a bit nervous to comment on things fearing that people will wonder "Who is she?". I love commenting on layouts, however, I'm not sure I always say the "right" thing seeing how I don't do many layouts.
My favorite part of SSD so far is being on (your)DSI team and River Rose's creative team.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just bumping this because there's still time to play!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Old 02-12-2017, 01:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I joined in the Spring of 2008 when I e-mailed my IRL friend Kresta and told her to show me how this whole digi-scrap thing worked...

I don't know that I have a favorite memory, but I have loved watching everyone's kids grow over the years. I had a 6-month-old when I first joined, and this fall he'll be 10!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't recall what my join date says, but I have been around from the beginning, even if only as a lurker. Heck, I remember when Sweet Shoppe was just a whispered rumor in the digi-community. The older designers here (as in having been here the longest, not age wise!) I knew long before they came to SSD. It feels crazy to me now. I actually deleted some of their crazy old kits the other day after determining that I was just hoarding them because of who designed them. LOL I began digiscrapping in 2004 though, and designing in 2006. I designed until I started working outside the home again when my youngest started kindergarten. At the time, a job I could leave at the end of the day was such a welcome relief over designing which was consuming me. Now I miss the designing though!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I joined back in 2014 after my second child was born and I just couldn't keep up with paper scrapping. I ventured into digiland and found SSD. I love it here and wouldn't have it any other way.
Sweetest moment must be when KCB asked me to guest for her in Sept/Oct last year and again this year! Only thing that could equal or top that would be to become a babe.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've been here when SSD first opened and my first "gig" was with Paula Duncan. She gave me me a chance to be on a CT which was most memorable for me. Now my pages were uh..well ICK, but HEY we all started somewhere right? LOL
Old 02-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I also had to check my date and it was 2008. I mainly bought and lurked around until about 2 years ago and then I became active. I am still not as active as I would like but I am getting better.

I decided in 2017 that I am not going to be as active on "social media" and spend more time doing my scrapping (what I love) and spending time in forums instead of "facebook". I find the forums so friendly vs the "crap" of facebook.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I used to CT for Melissa Bennett in the "old days". She was a designer before coming here, which is where I CT'ed for her. Perhaps it was Elemental Scraps? It was a long time ago and a store closed doors ago. By the time she came over here, I had already stepped down from her team due to my husband enlisting and deploying. It was a stressful time for us. I had joined SSD, but didn't do too much with it for a LONG time because I was overwhelmed. I heard how this was the "it" places for designers to sell, but again I never paid it much attention because I was never one of the popular girls and figured I'd never fit in with the site or the designers. Fast-forward many years when SO closed its doors that I found myself without a home once again. One of my designers came here (yay!) and I decided to give it a chance! It was slow, I only posted layouts here and there. I really feel like I connected with Val, one home-schooling mom with another who had given up homeschooling. But it wasn't until this past DSD weekend in October that I finally did my first challenge! Since then I've jumped in, commented on layouts and forum posts. Even though I'm still not one of the popular girls, I'm here, participating, scrapping and enjoying myself. I just needed some holding hands and people bringing me over here during the last 9 years!

Oh and here's something that is vague in my memory and perhaps she can clear it up. Once upon a time, I believe Traci Reed was admin at another site like Scrapmommies, which obviously closed its doors many years ago. I was VERY active there and loved her products. But I also wonder, who else came from there all those years ago? Melissa Bennett, were you there too?
Don't say you're not one of the popular girls. Even though, I don't know you in person, I love seeying your pages in the gallery and love having you hanging around. I truly hope you feel at home here.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:51 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I loved reading through all your stories! And I think the beauty of our lovely community here is that everyone fits in and can feel at home here! Thanks so much for sharing <3

I randomly chose 2 people to receive a coupon to my store... #18 icindi and #30 Txcorey! Congrats ladies! You should have received a pm from me

Feel free to keep sharing memories though! Thanks again for playing everyone!

Old 02-13-2017, 06:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations ladies!

Old 02-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2017, 01:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm