Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-05-2019, 07:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Where would you start if you won?

If you were to win one of the timed shopping sprees, which designer's store would you start with? Or would you start with a category instead? What would your strategy be?

I think I'd have a hard time with the timed part - I would be much better if it was a dollar amount like the $25 winners, the time thing would be overwhelming lol But I would hit up KCB's store and Cindy's straight away and see if any time was left lol

Old 09-05-2019, 07:43 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I would start with my wishlist. I was really hoping to complete all of the challenges but I wrote the date down wrong lol and thought today was the last day. I really hope it happens again next year! It was a lot of fun!
Old 09-05-2019, 07:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashersmommy View Post
I would start with my wishlist. I was really hoping to complete all of the challenges but I wrote the date down wrong lol and thought today was the last day. I really hope it happens again next year! It was a lot of fun!
Silly me I didn't even think of my wishlist

Old 09-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I remember them making you empty your wishlist? I think I need to write some things down that I need lol!

Last edited by ~Cindy~; 09-05-2019 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't even need a plan...I could go into any designers store and pick tons of stuff.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

They'd empty your wishlist before the ticker starts, so my suggestion would be to bookmark all the goodies you want to buy, so you don't have to go searching for them

Good luck, ladies! Whoever are the winners, they are so dang lucky!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I’m not that lucky Sherly, but I will be rooting on whoever wins!

Old 09-05-2019, 10:19 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Where would I start? Where would I start? Where would I start???

I would start by deciding which one designer to focus on and make sure my wish list had those items listed. (So I could bookmark them all at once and not miss something.) Then I would simply have fun. I wouldn't want the panic to slow me down (like in that Simpson's gif lol).
It's so awesome that SSD is providing not just the collab but also the chance to win $25 AND the "Supermarket Sweep"-style prizes.

Last edited by Tree City; 09-06-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
It's so awesome that SSD is providing not just the collab but also the $25 AND the "Supermarket Sweep"-style prizes.
I totally agree, the contest was great, and the prizes are just the icing on the cake!

Old 09-06-2019, 02:03 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I totally agree, the contest was great, and the prizes are just the icing on the cake!
Glad to know that you enjoyed the contest, Trina.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Is that what the prizes are? Timed shopping spree?????

Guess I didn't read the prizes carefully

Hmm, what would I do? I'd probably hit up my wishlist and get what's in there because it's an accurate depiction of products that I want and need for upcoming projects. From there, I'd probably hit the templates department because that's the one area, I don't really buy because well...products you can scrap, templates you can't use stand-alone.

As far who's store? Goodness I own too many products I couldn't shop that way, hitting up one store over another's store.

The likelihood of winning (for me) I feel are slim. So I'm not stressing about it at all. If I win something, great. If not. It'll be fun to see how everyone else shops!
Old 09-06-2019, 10:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cindy~ View Post
I think I remember them making you empty your wishlist? I think I need to write some things down that I need lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
They'd empty your wishlist before the ticker starts, so my suggestion would be to bookmark all the goodies you want to buy, so you don't have to go searching for them

Would they put your wishlist back after the spree? I can't imagine shopping blind. I heavily rely on that wishlist, especially when mid-month coupons go out!

Old 09-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I was looking in the shoppe last night & adding things to my wishlist - so many choices. It makes sense that they would clear the wishlists though. I'll have to rethink my strategy =) if I'm lucky enough to win!
Old 09-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Who knows! Maybe go to the "boy" category because I have two girls which influences my purchasing. Go crazy and get something out of the ordinary for me.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:25 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Lucky indeed!!

I would slightly like the Homer GIF above. lol. But I think I would start in my favorite designers sections, and then go to the kit section and just shop fast! :-)

This was such a fun challenge. I hope to see it again in the future.

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 09-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would start with my Wish list, which holds a good chunk of Studio Flergs Disney stuff.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd be lost without my wishlist took so would need to write it down. I'd have no trouble finding things I love, but wouldn't want to still be wishing for things swim? Some good shopping tips. Never would have thought of bookmarks!
Old 09-06-2019, 01:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Oh, that's a great idea!!
Seriously, how fun would this be???!
Old 09-06-2019, 01:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I'd be lost without my wishlist took so would need to write it down. I'd have no trouble finding things I love, but wouldn't want to still be wishing for things swim? Some good shopping tips. Never would have thought of bookmarks!
I'd be lost without my wishlist, too!! I really do need to seed through it at some point!
Old 09-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

So goof ball me read that post totally wrong... I read it as dollar amount awards not time to shop!!!!

Oh My Oh My!!!!

I guess I'd have to write down my wish list... but since I don't usually win contests, I think my wish list will be fine.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-06-2019, 05:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I wouldn't even need a plan...I could go into any designers store and pick tons of stuff.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't know why I did this - because I never win stuff like this - but I actually put together a dream shopping spree list.

Quote:
Thank you for the heads-up about clearing the wish list! I created one in Evernote instead, and I like that I'm able to sort it by which ones I want to buy first... I'll probably keep using it for SSD shopping going forward!

So, where would I start if I was blessed with a shopping spree? In the baby section! My first granddaughter will make her debut in early November, and I need ALL.THE.BABY.THINGS.

Like I said, I never win things like this, but it's fun to dream!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 09-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
I don't know why I did this - because I never win stuff like this - but I actually put together a dream shopping spree list.

Thank you for the heads-up about clearing the wish list! I created one in Evernote instead, and I like that I'm able to sort it by which ones I want to buy first... I'll probably keep using it for SSD shopping going forward!

So, where would I start if I was blessed with a shopping spree? In the baby section! My first granddaughter will make her debut in early November, and I need ALL.THE.BABY.THINGS.

Like I said, I never win things like this, but it's fun to dream!
pretend is says "new baby granddaughter"

Congratulations. That's really exciting! There are a LOT of amazing baby goodies in the store!!
Old 09-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have my entire wishlist organized on evernote as to which kits I want to go with which photos for each year SO I think I'd pick a year, and go down that list and grab everything on it so I KNOW I would have everything to finally complete a year!
Old 09-06-2019, 08:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I honestly don't know where I'd start! But I never win anyway so I'm not stressing about it. I am looking forward to finding out who wins so we can congratulate them, the waiting is killing me!
Old 09-06-2019, 09:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by helptheold View Post
I honestly don't know where I'd start! But I never win anyway so I'm not stressing about it. I am looking forward to finding out who wins so we can congratulate them, the waiting is killing me!
I agree. I thought they would announce the winners in the newsletter tonight. I guess we have to wait some more to find out who won.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just listening in because it’s so exciting! I would have died to win something like this back when I was a customer here! Robin give the best prizes and rewards!

Old 09-06-2019, 10:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I have my entire wishlist organized on evernote as to which kits I want to go with which photos for each year SO I think I'd pick a year, and go down that list and grab everything on it so I KNOW I would have everything to finally complete a year!
Dude. You actually plan to use the stuff you buy?? I just buy all the pretty things but 90% of my pages are CT and I never actually use the pretty things I buy lol (and I do buy often!). I bow to your organization skills!!!

Old 09-07-2019, 01:39 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I didn't get my last page in (thought it was the 5th, despite the "don't forget" message... figured--incorrectly!--that it was still the 5th in my time zone!) so I don't have a chance, but....

tell me more about your evernote organization! That way, I'll be ready for next year!!

I always wish there were a way to sort my wish list by priority or topic, but never thought about doing it elsewhere!
Old 09-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I didn't get my last page in (thought it was the 5th, despite the "don't forget" message... figured--incorrectly!--that it was still the 5th in my time zone!) so I don't have a chance, but....

tell me more about your evernote organization! That way, I'll be ready for next year!!

I always wish there were a way to sort my wish list by priority or topic, but never thought about doing it elsewhere!
I know.... I always wished there was a way to make lists within my wishlist for different porjects I have in mind (ie: recipe binder, BoM etc), I typically just scrap by year though, so I have an evernote book for each year. Within that year I have a large table made. In the table I put the preview images / links to kits and templates that I have picked out with a note of what photos I chose them for. SOMETIMES I'll make notes of what I'd like to journal about with those photos or add the journalling in a block if it's not too long. That way when I go shopping I am not overwhelmed by what to choose and it helps keep me from impulse buying as well (as much as I want ALL the pretty kits I want to be able to scrap with them even more than just have them sit in my stash and looking all pretty waiting for the perfect photos. lol
Old 09-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
In the table I put the preview images / links to kits and templates that I have picked out with a note of what photos I chose them for. l
Wow! I'm impressed! I might purchase kits/templates if I have an upcoming event (graduation/trip etc) but generally I look for something when I go to scrap the pics that I'm ready to scrap. My problem with your system is that by the time I got around the scrapping things I'd have picked a new kit/template that I want to use! I mean, I like this kit, but what if there's a better one come Friday?! LOL Because it's always in the back of my mind, .....FRIDAY IS COMING and the perfect goodies might be released!
Old 09-07-2019, 11:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm always impressed by the ladies that do all the organizing of their stash and what they actually want to buy and use.

I tend to scrap "off" theme a lot, so buying all the pretty things works out for me, because I still end up using them.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Would they put your wishlist back after the spree? I can't imagine shopping blind. I heavily rely on that wishlist, especially when mid-month coupons go out!
Nope. That's why I suggest to have them bookmarked or, if you want, write it with the links on evernote like others have mentioned

I wish you all the very best luck!!
I once won the 15 minutes shopping spree, it was beyond awesome and exciting! I was shaking for the whole 15 minutes. Dreams come true!