Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2014, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Engagement rings

A good friend of mine became engaged yesterday. I'm so happy for her! And her ring is gorgeous! Is anybody up for some wishlist shopping? What would your dream engagement ring be? Or if you'd rather, what does your engagement ring look like?

Let's see some bling!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really like this Vera Wang one:

Old 01-31-2014, 08:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is what mine looks like:

It's a pink heart-shaped sapphire -- exactly what I wanted.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

this picture is old, lol, mine hasn't fit me since I was about 6 months pregnant with Mason. Anyway, it's an engagment/wedding band combo that was John's grandmother's.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-31-2014, 09:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my 10 year anniversary ring. I love it SO much. I wanted a three-stone past, present, future ring.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I lost my big diamond out of my engagement ring 3 houses ago. I wore a thin gold band for a long time. About a decade ago, I asked for a wedding band I could wear all the time. My husband ended up getting me a Diamonique from QVC. I love it. It's perfect for me style wise and I wash my hands constantly and teach pre-K so I don't have to worry about ruining an expensive ring with all the soap and gunk of being at preschool. Mine looks like this:

Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is my current wedding ring - the top one with the diamond... one of those where the engagement and then the wedding band is the wrap. The band is from our 7 year anniversary when i just wanted a band to wear around and about and not have to worry about the diamond - which the ring doesn't fit as well and won't until I loose that baby weight *cough* 7 year old baby weight...

Well... it is our 10 year this year and I gave DH fair warning - like 2 years ago - that I'm expecting a ring this year... I love my hubby and I know I'm lucky that he does buy me jewelry from time to time... but he usually always picks the most delicate item that I fear it will break (or get lost in the fat folds) when I wear it... so I had to give him ideas of what I like...

http://www.pinterest.com/mamabee/10th-anniversaryings/

I'm not sure I want a 3 ring - present, past, future... or a band...
Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

My ring is super, super simple. Just the way I like it. I wanted an emerald cut diamond and a two-toned ring. It's kind of hard to see in this pic, but it has yellow gold on the left-hand side and white gold on the right. The band is all white gold.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the walk down memory lane! DH and I bought my ring the summer we finished college (me) and grad school (him). It reflected my taste at the time, which was super simple and classic, and our budget. The diamond fell out of the ring a few years ago, but we still have it. One of these days we'll reset it in something that better reflects the 15-years-older me, but for now here's an old photo of it. This was the best one I have, at least digitally. I guess I really liked rings then...the one on my pinky is my college ring, and the one on my middle finger is a motherhood ring.

To find that I went hunting through pictures of me holding my kids when they were babies. (I figured that in all those photos of my hands around a baby there had to be one clear one of my ring, but apparently I was wrong.) The ring closeup came from this photo of my oldest as an infant...how can that baby be 10 already?

Thank you for humoring me...you may return to the ring discussion now.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:48 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I've never been into diamonds. I like color. So I asked for a sapphire and got one in my favorite color.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Beautiful rings, ladies! One thing I learned when it took me 6+ months to find my 10 year anniversary ring is that I pretty much love all jewellery! haha They're so shiny and pretty and there are so many artful settings!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Here's what mine looked like when we got married...it was the perfect ring!

and here's my upgrade from our 10th anniversary 3 years ago...

Old 02-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclelady View Post
Beautiful rings, ladies! One thing I learned when it took me 6+ months to find my 10 year anniversary ring is that I pretty much love all jewellery! haha They're so shiny and pretty and there are so many artful settings!
That's one of the reasons we haven't reset mine yet. I can't make up my mind what I want to do with it since there are so many beautiful options, so we keep doing practical projects like remodeling our bathroom instead!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:33 AM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I'm not really sure i'd want an engagement ring.. but if I had to pick I'd say something antique/vintage rather than a modern ring. something rather small, white gold, maybe not even diamonds.. I'd have to dig to find something I like.. lol, maybe later today I will look.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mine was a beautiful circle cut 3 stone yellow gold ring. My wedding band was a channel set eternity band. Here's an old layout I did with it:

My problem is, I still love this style, so if I were to get engaged again, I have no idea what I would go with, obviously I don't want the same thing, but I still love it.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My engagement ring is a simple .33 carat round diamond solitaire. It looks just like my mother's, but smaller. I have small hands, so I feel it suits me. I've had it for 26 years now, and just a couple of years ago we had the band dipped so now it looks like white gold instead of yellow gold.

It is exactly what I wanted, and I have no desire for an upgrade. I did look at diamond bands for a possible 25th anniversary gift, but decided I'd rather spend the money on something else. I'm just not a big jewelry person.