Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2024, 01:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Squeeeee! Concert tickets!

We have been trying to get tickets to Luke Bryan for years but have never been successful. Last week dates opened up in our area, and our friend has an AMEX and scored us 2 sweet tickets, and they were reasonably affordable too!

Can't wait!

When's the last time you scored tickets?

Old 02-07-2024, 01:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

WAHOO! gotta say i was kind hoping it was that you got tickets to taylor swift afterall LOL but i'm sure luke bryan will be fun for you!

last time for me.... um. alanis morissette in 1996. Not a concert goer! LOL
Old 02-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

So fun Trina! I hope you guys have a blast!!

So the last concert I went to was Eras thanks to having a fanatical and VERY generous Swiftie for a daughter. Em took me back in April and it was such an amazing night!

Before that... the last concert I paid for probably would have been Panic! at the Disco, Halsey or Paramore and all would have been with the girls probably right before covid?
Old 02-07-2024, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh, how fun! Congrats!

I love concerts but now a days I need a seat. I can't stand still for 4 hours anymore lol and most concerts seem to be gen admission only.

The last concert I went to was in West Palm Beach with my kids and we saw The Monumentour with Fall Out Boy and Paramore.
Old 02-07-2024, 03:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's so exciting! Have an amazing time! My hubby is usually the ticket scorer. He's more of a concert/live performance fan than I am.
Old 02-07-2024, 04:07 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

The last 2 concerts I went to were in 2018, Home Free and Oak Ridge Boys. I'm long past going to concerts in huge venues! I prefer small auditoriums.

A former co-worker was going to go to Home Free and asked if I wanted to go along. Great concert.

Then a month later, the Oak Ridge Boys were doing the last concert of their Christmas tour just 14 miles from me. I asked my cousin if she wanted to go and she said she would so I got the tickets the day before the concert. Pretty good seats... nobody in front of us since we were in the loge section on the left side. Since one of the original singers has now retired, I'm glad we went then. ORB just won't be the same without Joe.

Prior to those concerts my last ones were all Oak Ridge Boys at the Ohio State Fair in 1989, 1990 and 1991.
Old 02-07-2024, 04:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

woohoo, how fun!!
Luke Bryan is my crush, I'd love to him...

my husband and his brother managed to get us Coldplay tickets for this November. We have to fly to Sydney for that concert because sadly, many great artists usually skip our city when they come to Australia
so when there's a good artist or band that come to Adelaide, I'd usually go and in saying that, I'm going to Matchbox Twenty concert next week!

Old 02-07-2024, 04:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
The last 2 concerts I went to were in 2018, Home Free and Oak Ridge Boys. I'm long past going to concerts in huge venues! I prefer small auditoriums.

A former co-worker was going to go to Home Free and asked if I wanted to go along. Great concert.

Then a month later, the Oak Ridge Boys were doing the last concert of their Christmas tour just 14 miles from me. I asked my cousin if she wanted to go and she said she would so I got the tickets the day before the concert. Pretty good seats... nobody in front of us since we were in the loge section on the left side. Since one of the original singers has now retired, I'm glad we went then. ORB just won't be the same without Joe.

Prior to those concerts my last ones were all Oak Ridge Boys at the Ohio State Fair in 1989, 1990 and 1991.
Gosh, I would love to see Home Free!!
I've been a big fan and streamed their concert during Covid, maybe someday I can see them live!

Old 02-07-2024, 05:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
WAHOO! gotta say i was kind hoping it was that you got tickets to taylor swift afterall LOL but i'm sure luke bryan will be fun for you!

last time for me.... um. alanis morissette in 1996. Not a concert goer! LOL
Hahah - the only way we'd get those is if we won the lottery! I've taken K1 to Backstreet boys twice in the last 5 years, and we went to Nickelback on our anniversary last year.

Old 02-07-2024, 05:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
oh, how fun! Congrats!

I love concerts but now a days I need a seat. I can't stand still for 4 hours anymore lol and most concerts seem to be gen admission only.

The last concert I went to was in West Palm Beach with my kids and we saw The Monumentour with Fall Out Boy and Paramore.
These have seats thankfully ... not that I'll sit for most of the actual concert, but in between the acts would be good to sit, especially since I have no idea how my knee will be by then (I broke it Jan 1)

Old 02-07-2024, 05:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh that is just awesome! I would love to go to one of his concerts! You are going to have such a great time!

Old 02-07-2024, 05:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
woohoo, how fun!!
Luke Bryan is my crush, I'd love to him...

Hubby calls him my boyfriend. He's definitely on the LIST lol

Old 02-07-2024, 06:58 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
Gosh, I would love to see Home Free!!
I've been a big fan and streamed their concert during Covid, maybe someday I can see them live!
They are awesome in concert! There are so many videos of songs from their concerts by fans on YouTube that I spent many hours watching when I first heard them back in 2017. Watching those just made me want to see them and at that time I had no desire to go to concerts at all!

I don't regret going at all!
Old 02-07-2024, 07:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How exciting Trina! I hope you have an amazing time! Super fun!

Old 02-07-2024, 07:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

That sounds so fun, Trina!

We saw Journey & Toto in concert last April. My husband's cousin plays the bass for Journey and he got us free tickets on the floor - we stood most of the concert and sang our little hearts out =) It was awesome!
Old 02-07-2024, 08:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

oh! i remember after alanis I went to an amanda marshall concert (small concert in our local theatre) with a friend in high school (might have also been 96')..chantal kreviazuk was the opening act, this was before she got big (in canada) and my friend and I fell in love with her music. She did an acoustic version of "wild horses" on the piano and it was just so good.

It's kind of funny because our lady peace was the opening act for alanis and the lead singer of that band and chantel kreviazuk are married..
Old 02-07-2024, 10:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How awesome Trina!! We saw him a few years ago and he was fantastic!

Hubs and I enjoy concerts - the last concert we went to was Rod Stewart, prior to that was Styx. Wish the prices weren't so high, we'd surely go to more if it was more affordable!
Old 02-08-2024, 04:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I used to attend a lot of concerts, there is a nice venue near where I live, with my sister but she stood me up for Toby Keith a few years ago. When I go I like to actually see the person, so I pay a lot of money for the tickets to get what I want, but it was a waste. She told me so late, I couldn't even give the tickets away and that is not something I would go to alone.

Since then I don't do too many concerts, but let me tell you, yesterday when I heard that Toby Keith had passed away, I got mad at my sister all over again. May not be logical, but there you go.
Old 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lena from Bella Gypsy Designs and I are meeting up halfway between us to attend a Maddie Zahm (from TikTok) concert in a couple weeks.

Concerts are my most favoritest thing ever (but, alas, not my hubby's) so I see at least a couple concerts every year. I am rounding up some girlfriends to go see Alanis this summer, and we have tickets to see Dave Barnes (my favorite artist) at a winery in Chicago in August.
Old 02-08-2024, 04:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow, that's cool! Have fun!!
Old 02-08-2024, 06:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My son is the one that scores the tickets. He loves concerts, and so do many of his friends. I refuse to stand up for a concert, and I hate floor seats, so he got us some fabulous first-level (I guess that's what you call them) seats for Kelly Clarkson's February 2019 concert and Celine Dion's February 2020 concert, just a few weeks before all concerts were canceled. I'd been wanting to see her for probably 25, 30 years - whenever she started touring. We were so fortunate to have seen her before the cancellation.
Old 02-10-2024, 01:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Last year I went to P!nk (for the second time) and Andrea Bocelli. It has been years before that since I went to a concert. My son loves musical theater so we go often to those though (last year was one at his high school, Singing in the Rain at the theater program he attends plus Hamilton in Minneapolis, and Jersey Boys at a dinner theater). I just bought tickets to see Goo Goo Dolls this summer though.
Old 02-11-2024, 08:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Luke is great in concert, we saw him when I was 8 months pregnant with our youngest.

We go to a concert probably every year, at least one, sometimes more. We saw Justin Moore last year, and I'm taking Keira to her first concert in April, to see AJR, I know nothing about them, but it was a Christmas gift for her.
Old 02-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Back in June we went to see Shania Twain. That was the last 'big' concert we went to. It was overshadowed by the fact that my brother in law passed away that morning and we found out right before the concert. There was nothing we could do with them being half way across the country so we went. It was fun, but difficult too.

We also saw Sawyer Brown and Lorrie Morgan last year, but those were both in smaller venues. I really love going to the smaller concerts. Its just more my vibe. The large venues are overwhelming to me.