Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default So annoyed with myself and Shutterfly

I bought the calendar template pack from Cindy and Dani a while back and made one for myself a month or so ago, printed it at Shutterfly and loved it. I decided to make one for my mom with all the grandkids in it, so I solicited pictures from my sister and sister in law and worked on it for the last week or so. I wanted to order it the other night before the sale on Calendars ended so I stayed up til midnight to finish it up, get it uploaded, and ordered. Well, after I had loaded all the pages, and got them into the calendar I realized that I hadn't turned off their stupid vivid pic feature. The only way I know to do this is to do it before you create your calendar or whatever, so I started over with the calendar turned vivid pics off for each page, then went about creating the calendar again. It just seems like it could be more user friendly for those of us who edit our pics ourselves and upload our own work to use for the calendar. I've not turned off the vivid pics feature in the past and the pictures come back looking horrible. Anyway, in my hurry to meet the midnight deadline and be done I didn't choose the blank calendar. I didn't think it mattered because I was uploading templates that would cover the whole top portion of the calendar. WRONG! I just got the calendars and there is a very faint pattern on the bottom portion of the calendars where the dates are written. Luckily I didn't choose something really bold so that it looks horrible, but it just annoys me that they aren't as "perfect" as they could be. And I ordered 4 of them, so they are all that way. Ugghhh.

I'm starting to get really annoyed with Shutterfly and how big a pain it is to turn off the vivid pic feature and just upload full page photos for calendars and photobooks. I wish there was a feature to just turn it off and not have to do it individually, and yes, I am about to email them and tell them the same thing. Just wanted to vent. I knew y'all would understand.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I haven't made calendars from Shutterfly so at least I have so extra info that I wouldn't have known before!!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Shutterfly makes it so easy for the novice that it muddies things up for those of us who know what we want and don't need anyone to hold our hand. I agree. So sorry your calendar got botched! I'm like you... always staying up until 11:55 pm to order something on the last day of the coupon. LOL

Old 12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree with Brook, they are trying to correct for others. I wish they had an "general" user area then an "advanced" user area! I'd even sign something saying I was ok with them never auto correcting the color on mine! I ordered some cards last year and forgot to turn it off on the first batch and my kids looked sun burned!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry you had problems and your calendars don't look the way you wanted!

So that you know in case it you use them again, you can turn off Vivid pics without starting over. Once you have the pages loaded into the calendar, make sure you're on the edit tab and then click the loaded page. It brings up a pop up with 3 tabs. Click Effects, and you can turn off Vivid Pics. You still have to do each page separately. I wish there was a way to turn off Vivid Pics for the entire calendar with 1 click!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I ordered a book from them a while back and forgot to shut it off, too. I emailed them right away and after ordering and they just printed and sent me a new one. And oddly enough, the one with the adjusted thing didn't look any different. Go figure.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
And oddly enough, the one with the adjusted thing didn't look any different. Go figure.
Yeah, I was going to say that I haven't really noticed much of a difference with or without it! I don't even bother with it anymore.