Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Disney autograph book-would this work?

I have always avoided the autograph book thing at Disney because my son was younger when we went, but on this trip he wants to do an autograph book. I thought it would be fun to use Julie's Mouse Mania Autograph book and I've been trying to figure out how to use it so that one page is the autograph and then when I get home I can put the picture of him with the character on the opposite side. I thought it would be fun for him to show his friends too. The only thing I can come up with is to print the side where the autographs go and then maybe take a small clip board with us into the parks and just give the character the clipboard with the 4x6 printed autograph sheet to sign. What do y'all think? Would this work?

Here's what Julie's autograph book looks like:

Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

honestly that's probably going to be cumbersome to keep up with. What about just getting an autograph book there and scanning the signatures in and print it all digitally when finished?

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used those when we went earlier this year! I printed out a bunch of the blank signature pages in standard 4x6 size, and then purchased an inexpensive photo album (with the drop in sleeves). That kept everything neat and tidy during travel and at the parks, and we could just slide out the "photo" when it was time for an autograph. The characters used the album as support, and I also brought along a thick no-smear Slick Writer archival marker (at Michael's) for the actual signing.

Overall, I was pleased, and the kids LOVED the books! A thick marker is the way to go, and also be careful how you hand the pages to the characters. A few of ours are "upside down" and don't line up with the matching photo page... I think I am probably the only one that would notice, but still.

It probably would have been easier to just flip to a page rather than doing all the sliding in and out, but it wasn't really a big deal. And I am happy with the outcome!

Hope this helps! Have fun!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I definitely think scanning in the autographs would be the the best! Then you can drop them onto the page digitally. I agree with Meg's suggestion.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used a small clipboard for autographs when we were in the parks in June. I bought it off Etsy -- just a piece of chipboard with a big clip on it. The characters loved it. All of them "commented" on it... even when they couldn't talk they would point to it and give me a thumbs up. I just slipped it into my bag and pulled it out when we needed it. As they signed, I'd move a card from the front to the back. Easy peasy. This can definitely be done.

I did carry several big ziploc bags inside my park bag in case it rained and I kept the clipboard in there most of the time. We had a tropical storm move through while we were and the plastic bags were a lifesaver.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

oohh... I still need to finish my autograph book...

I just used an cheap 5x7 scrapbook from Hobby Lobby... no plastic sleeves, just the papers stapled into a book. that worked out great - it was compact and I didn't have to worry about loose papers.... then I plan on scanning (Like Meg suggested) and putting it into my albums. Totally agree on using ziploc bags to keep dry/clean...

Have a great trip!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I can't give you any tips I am afraid but I too wish you a great trip Corey!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Someone made Keira & Cooper autograph books when we went. I didn't scan the signature, but it was like 4x6 cardstock paper and the outside cover was heavy duty chipboard, it was all bound together with ribbon. Worked pretty good. Keira got over 40 autographs on our trip and there was tons of pages left.