Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-25-2018, 02:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Halloween Costumes Yay or Nay?

My kids haven't dressed up for Halloween for several years. This year my HS senior will be doing a group costume with his friends. (I'm so excited about this because he's my most introverted kid!)

I used to love dressing up, but hubby never did... I guess I lost that spark. I'm thinking that I'd like to start again (next year, because there is no time this year).

Do you enjoy dressing up for Halloween?

If so, what is the favorite costume that you've done?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My girls still enjoy dressing up for Halloween (and going out trick or treating). I figure, let teenagers enjoy it. They could be doing much worse things.

I dress up with them (it's fun to pass out candy when you are dressed up too. Or if I go around with my girls, I feel like "one of them".)

I have been an indian, Minnie Mouse, and this year I am going to be Rosie the Riveter. I put together costumes, for me and the girls, based on items we already have here at home. We may have to purchase a couple items, but for the most part, we use what we have and items from our dress up bin. It's fun to dress up! I think you should do it!
Old 10-26-2018, 06:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've only dressed up once with my girls. I made a comment about how we should dress up like bananas and go as a bunch. Unfortunately, they loved the idea, so I kinda had to do it. But other than that, no I don't like to dress up for Halloween.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:52 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

For the past couple of years, I went with some friends and their neighbors on a witch's pub crawl. We all dressed up as witches, rented a party bus and went to a couple of places for dancing.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't dress up ... my kids loved it, but they are 13 and 14 now ...and have lost the costume mojo ...at least for now.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:44 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I have nowhere to be on Halloween I have nowhere to go and Halloween however I still dress up to go get my mail on Halloween
Old 10-26-2018, 12:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
My girls still enjoy dressing up for Halloween (and going out trick or treating). I figure, let teenagers enjoy it. They could be doing much worse things.

I dress up with them (it's fun to pass out candy when you are dressed up too. Or if I go around with my girls, I feel like "one of them".)

I have been an indian, Minnie Mouse, and this year I am going to be Rosie the Riveter. I put together costumes, for me and the girls, based on items we already have here at home. We may have to purchase a couple items, but for the most part, we use what we have and items from our dress up bin. It's fun to dress up! I think you should do it!
That sounds so fun, Dawn! I'll bet your girls love having you dress up with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I've only dressed up once with my girls. I made a comment about how we should dress up like bananas and go as a bunch. Unfortunately, they loved the idea, so I kinda had to do it. But other than that, no I don't like to dress up for Halloween.
Oh my goodness! That's hilarious, Lynn!! I've always wanted to do a family costume, but hubby always poo-pooed the idea, so the boys followed his lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz2000 View Post
For the past couple of years, I went with some friends and their neighbors on a witch's pub crawl. We all dressed up as witches, rented a party bus and went to a couple of places for dancing.
That sounds so fun, Angi!! The shopping area near us recently had a "witches night out" for ladies. I thought it would be fun to stop by and see what it was about, but missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I don't dress up ... my kids loved it, but they are 13 and 14 now ...and have lost the costume mojo ...at least for now.
I totally get that, Kiana! My boys had no interest until Connor's group of friends planned it this year. I hope he has fun with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd View Post
I have nowhere to be on Halloween I have nowhere to go and Halloween however I still dress up to go get my mail on Halloween
LOL!! Good for you, Ashley!!
Old 10-26-2018, 02:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Halloween has never been a big deal to me. Growing up, you just went ToTing the one time, and that was it.

Now that there are multiple Halloween events that my kids want to attend before actual Halloween, I feel more justified in buying them nice costumes. I don't like scary things (and neither do my kids) so it's just the going around costumed to get candy that we participate in every year.

I bought an $8 teeshirt + headband combo (Queen Bee) from Walmart that I am going to wear to work that day (and we have a staff meeting that morning so I'm twisting everyone's arms into wearing something, too!) and when I go out ToTing with the kids.

I would love to be invited to an adult Halloween party someday but I'll probably survive if I never attend one, either.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't like scary either, LeeAndra! Although, my boys do tell me I'm "Goth" because I do enjoy a good Halloween display... not gory or gross.

That's a really good idea! I had never thought about looking for something like that.

I've been to one Halloween party ever. Thankfully I survived, mostly because I helped with the decorations.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used to dress up for parties up until I had children of my own and never went to parties anymore lol

I don't really do it anymore. I did it last year as a witch with my girls but don't think I will this year. I enjoy it though but I'm in a funk and don't feel like doing anything.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It depends, We did an easy family costume a couple years ago, we were all minions. This year the hubby and I bought onesies, we mainly got them to be warm at an outdoor Halloween event we went to and we'll wear them Trick or Treating. I actually would dress up every year, if I had somewhere to wear the costume to.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:02 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I enjoy dressing up BUT I want to spend some money on my costume but 2 of my kids have birthdays this month and it never seems like we have the money to splurge on costumes. Also, usually I will wind up carrying something for somebody so I'm going plain this year. Boring I know...
Old 10-27-2018, 01:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
I used to dress up for parties up until I had children of my own and never went to parties anymore lol

I don't really do it anymore. I did it last year as a witch with my girls but don't think I will this year. I enjoy it though but I'm in a funk and don't feel like doing anything.
I'm married to a major introvert, so parties were never our thing. But it does sound fun!
I'm so sorry you're in a funk, Lea! I really hope your spirits pick up soon and you start enjoying life again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
It depends, We did an easy family costume a couple years ago, we were all minions. This year the hubby and I bought onesies, we mainly got them to be warm at an outdoor Halloween event we went to and we'll wear them Trick or Treating. I actually would dress up every year, if I had somewhere to wear the costume to.
That would be such a fun family costume, Vanessa!!
I saw someone with a Jack Skellington onsie and I really want one! I need to get to Walmart to see what they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegCreations View Post
I enjoy dressing up BUT I want to spend some money on my costume but 2 of my kids have birthdays this month and it never seems like we have the money to splurge on costumes. Also, usually I will wind up carrying something for somebody so I'm going plain this year. Boring I know...
I totally get wanting to spend money on the costume. If you're going to do it, do it right! But, I guess kids' birthdays are much more important!
Old 10-31-2018, 05:49 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I dressed up this year for work in a group and LOVED IT!! Like you something I had not done in years. Wearing my costume tonight for the treat or trick! And will probably do it again next year!!
Old 10-31-2018, 11:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc33558 View Post
I dressed up this year for work in a group and LOVED IT!! Like you something I had not done in years. Wearing my costume tonight for the treat or trick! And will probably do it again next year!!
How fun!! What was the costume? I'd love to see pictures